Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Something you learnt after you got the mobile

Previous  1234  Next
Author Something you learnt after you got the mobile
Killfr3nzy
T230
PM
Posted: 2009-02-21 22:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Glow in the dark buttons on the K850? cool haha.

I should have bought the C905 instead of the K850.
I should have left both C905,C902, K850 and wait for the Idou (and get an HTC in the meantime)
yea g
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-21 23:48
Well I learnt that C905's wifi can be used to access files on the phone, now the only time I use the usb cable is for modding
sale987
Elm Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-22 00:30
I learnt that, the k850 have the best camera cover on phones ever (you know its interested when you showing to someone that you just pull your finger over the touch button then camera cover is moving/(closing/opening) ), i would like the same on the some newer phone, but just a little biger Button to open it... Hell there is a lot of good things that i learn on mobile but i cant remember now...

And @Yea_g Wow man thats great thing... that is first on what i am goion to experiment when i buy the phone sometime

[ This Message was edited by: sale987 on 2009-02-21 23:33 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-02-22 00:46
That an LG Viewty is hollow inside
tbroe
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-02-22 20:07
That the Samsung U600 has a better speaker than my W910, and that the slide mechanism is so much better.
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-23 16:26

On 2009-02-21 14:12:11, MackTypeR wrote:
You must be using a different K850 to the one in the UK then cos damn that thing is ugly. It's clearly the worst designed phone ever for the reasons I mentioned above, it only looks brand new for a day then it starts getting micro scratches all over and the paint on the buttons start peeling off. Yukk.

I don't know anyone who likes the look of it in the real world, my mates all laughed at me for getting it, it did look better in pictures than it does in person though! Haha.

I love my K850i You just have to treat it well and it will do the same for you. I love mine, I know on Easto I must have said that like 100 times
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-02-23 16:55
When I got my T28S, I realised that phones didn't have to huge like my old Siemens C10.

When I got my T39m, I realised that just because something had a passing resemblance to a design classic (the T28) didn't mean I'd like it so much, and I didn't.

With the T68, I learnt that while I much preferred the Ericsson hardware style, Sony's software (the "i" version) was better.

With the P800 I learnt that the "mobile web" could actually work, that touchscreens were the only way to go (back in 2003) and that I'd never be able to go back to a non-smartphone again. In retrospect, the P800 was SE's only truly great smartphone - a true original, making the competition look completely outdated, and doing it with quality and style, too. Every smartphone they made after the P800 merely hung on its coat-tails, to varying degrees of success and, ultimately, failure.

The P910 was a bit like the T39 - again I learnt that just because on paper it was everything I liked about the P800 but better, didn't mean I'd actually like the phone any more - and I didn't. I felt dissapointed with it, and I also learnt that SE quality control was starting to slip when the paint started to chip.

With the M600i I learnt that SE could still come up with innovative ideas that worked, like the dual-use qwerty keyboard, but I also learnt that even after the long wait, UIQ's new version was a mess. It also dawned on me that actually, I did want a camera in my phone after all.

The Tytn II taught me that proper sync with a PC that actually worked - or even better with an Exchange server through Activesync - was worth its weight in gold. But I also learnt that Windows Moble, for all its power, has many problems - and a specs list as long as your arm doesn't always add up to a good experience in practice.

Finally, the iPhone's more of a reminder than anything - that the best ideas can come from unexpected places, and its often more important to excel in a few areas than to compromise in many.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-02-23 16:07 ]
jdnodcam
K618 white
PM
Posted: 2009-02-23 17:05
That i can never be satisfied with a single cellphone lolz
MackTypeR
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-23 17:22
I had 5 K850i's dude and all were the same, they were the ones with silver sides, top and bottom and a blue stripe all the way round. After a few days of just carrying it around in my pocket they got covered in tiny tiny scratches, I've got extremely good eyes so they were really noticable for me. The first one lasted a year and it was in a real state.

You know that thin lip that goes round the phone too? I found that gets dented and chipped really easily too, although I'm pretty rough with phones because I know I can phone Orange and get a new one the next day if it breaks or gets scratched.
I do think the all black K850i's look better but not by much.
I have big hands so I kept pushing the navigation square by accident when texting.
I thought the camera was poor too, my K800i had a much better camera.
Plus the lens of the camera is susceptible to getting scratched then you have to smash it out to take photos.

Towards the end I kept phoning Orange up after a few days of receiving my new K850i complaining about it because I wanted a different phone 'til they got sick of sending me K850i's and sent me a C902 which was far superior in every department except the camera flash but made close up photos better.

I now have a C905 and wouldn't swap it for 10 K850i's.

I truelly believe the K850i was by far the worst phone I ever owned design wise, I'm not saying it to annoy people. Everyone has different tastes though and if you're happy with it then that's great!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-02-23 18:17
That the touch buttons on my K850i are glow in the dark thanx to who ever mentioned that,i realised it last night lol, and that my K850 looks so good with the Sony Sketch font.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-02-23 18:22
After the N82 I learnt that S60 is a boring, long winded operating system that fulfills the needs of tech heads and OS geeks, but not the average person who wants a phone out of the box.

[ This Message was edited by: marty mcfly on 2009-02-23 17:23 ]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-23 18:33
Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you. Yeah mine is scratched and chipped, but I don't really care as long as it does what I want it to do, take nice quality pictures make phone calls etc. And plus if the K850i did not chip easily I would of never got mine for 75 pound last year. So yeah I don't really mind it's still durable and I think it gives it character. Makes it stand out as yours and you can think oh yeah I remember when I made that dent when I was on holiday etc.

But I do disagree with you on that fact that you think it's rubbish; it's not.

On 2009-02-23 18:17:31, GUCCI.011 wrote:
That the touch buttons on my K850i are glow in the dark thanx to who ever mentioned that,i realised it last night lol, and that my K850 looks so good with the Sony Sketch font.

Your welcome it looks pretty cool, huh? I guess you never noticed because you normally had the screen on so they did not show and you hardly ever look at your phone in pitch darkness do you - well that's my reason anyway...it is a little pointless but is pretty awesome...

btw how do you get sony sketch on the phone? I always wondered cheers

[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2009-02-23 17:40 ]
Knight UK
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-23 23:06
That InvisibleShield's are absolute life (phone) savers!

My K850i, N82, Ipod Touch, and C905 all look brand new out the box...still!
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-23 23:47
What I learned after I got my viewty is that I hate LG

After getting my X1 I learned that the alarm doesn't work if turned off, diffrent from what I was used to with SE. It would be a big plus imo.
jayminmedina
K770 Violet
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-24 09:34
i learned that a mobile phone through bluetooth can control my personal computer..
Sony Ericsson K770i - R8BC004 - Globe
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi