Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i restarts frequently - says restarted to improve performance

Author P1i restarts frequently - says restarted to improve performance
None2One
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 15:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi
i have a SE P1i for more than a year now. i am in India on an Idea network. recently i had installed the exchange active sync for which i had to remove the blackberry exchange which was provided with the phone.

after i realized that exchange active sync wont work, i un installed it and put the BB exchange back. ever since, the phone keeps restarting at regular intervals. sometimes twice a day saying the phone restarted to improve performance.

have i messed up with the files in the software? what do i do now? it so happens that sometimes i do not take a look at my phone for hours, when in calls or meetings, i would not know if it did a reboot and was waiting for me to select the mode phone or flight mode. to get back on the network.

any suggested help on this would be appreciated
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-02-20 11:09
I'd suggest your best option is to do do a master reset or reformat of the internal disk. You will lose all your data & installed apps by doing this, so make sure you syc all your contacts etc. to Outlook first. You could use the backup software in the pcsuite, but there is a chance that whatever has become corrupted will be put back on your phone when you restore.
None2One
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-02-20 12:02
thanks AD
i think i will bear with the restarts. there are way too many licenced applications that i have installed for a master reset or a internal disk format

thanks for the help but

None2one
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-23 09:50
I used to have these restarts all the time after I debranded my P1i from Voda. I did all the shit, master reset and internal format, reflashing,everything.Still restarting a lot. The curios thing was that it wasn't like this after the debrand exactly , but after some months of usage. The only thing I could track to related to the restarts was the usage of Opera browser.The more I used it, the sooner the phone restarted. So, I guess it's, again, memory related- the leaks they never took care of and they never will,as they are bankrupt now.
So I replaced it. That was the only solution.After so many years I went to the dark side-BlackBerry Bold and I never looked back!
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
Nickp990
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-03-04 02:23
before do this(mnaster reset) try to connect u phon with usb to pc ant fix file system errors on u memory card hope helps

[ This Message was edited by: nickp990 on 2009-03-04 01:25 ]
None2One
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-03-04 08:19
Posted: 07:23 Today
before do this(mnaster reset) try to connect u phon with usb to pc ant fix file system errors on u memory card

what exactly do you mean by this? and how do i fix file system errors on the memory card? can u please tell me more?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi