Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 232425 262728  Next
Author Sony Ericsson Idou
Radu_91
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-09 15:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i don't know why do you say that the Omnia Hd screen is so bad outdoor, i think its good for a led screen

comparison with iphone screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3tVOy-jjJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p89P5Eg35Y

as you can see it's very good screen indoor and outdoor
[ This Message was edited by: Radu_91 on 2009-05-09 14:40 ]
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2009-05-09 16:31
^^^
From PhoneArena.com's Omnia HD review:

"Just as expected, the screen delivers beautiful, saturated colors albeit in artificial lighting only. Unfortunately, you can hardly see any details on the screen if you take the phone outdoors in bright sunlight, especially if you happen to forget to wipe the fingerprint-smudged surface clean."

Link: http://www.phonearena.com/htm[....]8910-Review-review-r_2148.html

Also, there are reviews of couple of phone that have OLED display on GSM Arena and almost in each review the display visibilty in sunlight has been rated poor... So it seems that though OLED diplays have better picture quality than a TFT LCD, they are not yet advanced enough to show a visible display in sunglight...
[ This Message was edited by: hgautam on 2009-05-09 15:33 ]
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-13 15:02
http://www.auroracell.com/idou.html
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 15:50
if thats gonna be the starting price, it's ok. Still i wouldn't give more than 700$ for it.. Let's hope that SE will break the ice with the price too (since it only costs max 200-300$ to produce 1 unit, or maybe even less).
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
yea g
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-14 08:01
Wow, thats less than I was expecting, no doubt there will be ways to get it cheaper when it comes out. Cool!
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 10:36
why are people taking that site as an indication of price.

the phone isnt being released for months. and i highly doubt that site has any idea of what the RRP will be.
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 15:12

On 2009-05-08 23:23:42, apolloa wrote:

On 2009-05-07 14:23:39, Nitro Fan wrote:
seem to feel they can charge top dollar for devices that are no longer sector leaders, IMHO this is a mistake just look at the X1 its already selling on eBay for far less than a P1! Why? because it is nothing special and looking at the specs released so far for Idou apart from the camera its nothing special either and it will no doubt be very expensive I can already buy a vanilla 5800 for under £200!!!!

The Idou is using the exact same CPU as the Palm Pre, it's damn powerful and the Pre is the FIRST device to use it, the Idou second so that's one special spec above Nokia, then there's the exact same interface as Sony's Cybershot digital compact camera's so that too is better then anything else on the market. The 12.1mpx is amazing, the Walkman player is far better then Nokia's, perhaps the iPhone's player is better though?
Go buy a 5800, the Idou will kill it! It has a newer OS, much smoother graphics, better music and camera and IMO a MUCH better design, I've seen and played with the 5800, cheap and plastic is how I describe it's design.

So SE are packing a LOT of tech into this phone, they have EVERY right to charge for that, Nokia are charging you top doller for the N97 which has a worse camera, the OS is NOT the Symbian Foundation one and the music player won't be as good. Sure it has GB's of storage but for some of use we don't need to carry the entire contents of our computers around with us.
In fact that's what your REALLY paying for in the N97, the stupid amount of memory it has.
It sounds like your comparing the 5800 to the Idou which is utterly pointless, you have to compare it to the N97 for the argument to gain any credibility.

@apolloa
Mate what is your problem? You are talking like some kind of raving nutter take a chill pill, we are talking about a phone not a way of life. Try reading my original post!

The point I made was that to justify a "Top Dollar" price would have to come up with something very special something they failed to do with the X1 and the N5800 already has a higher spec than any P series released so far! I had already made the point in my original post that the Walkman player is better than the one on the Nokia AND I gave some solid reasons why!

Dont try to lecture me on build quality! I have had ALL the P series two W series plus numerous other offerings and their build quality is mostly dog mess as is the X1 use the search facility here I have been bemoaning build quality for three years! and as for hitting projected release dates you can forget it they only hit the X1 date because HTC built it!

I dropped my Nokia 5800 last week and it just bounced, I dropped my P1 and it was ruined forever, and my W960 flew into pieces when that was dropped.

Given the only one of the three you could have had your hands on is the 5800 XM you are ranting about things you mostly know nothing more than the bumph put out by their respective PR agencies.

I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 18:55

On 2009-05-14 15:12:27, Nitro Fan wrote:
@apolloa
Mate what is your problem? You are talking like some kind of raving nutter take a chill pill, we are talking about a phone not a way of life. Try reading my original post!

The point I made was that to justify a "Top Dollar" price would have to come up with something very special something they failed to do with the X1 and the N5800 already has a higher spec than any P series released so far! I had already made the point in my original post that the Walkman player is better than the one on the Nokia AND I gave some solid reasons why!

Dont try to lecture me on build quality! I have had ALL the P series two W series plus numerous other offerings and their build quality is mostly dog mess as is the X1 use the search facility here I have been bemoaning build quality for three years! and as for hitting projected release dates you can forget it they only hit the X1 date because HTC built it!

I dropped my Nokia 5800 last week and it just bounced, I dropped my P1 and it was ruined forever, and my W960 flew into pieces when that was dropped.

Given the only one of the three you could have had your hands on is the 5800 XM you are ranting about things you mostly know nothing more than the bumph put out by their respective PR agencies.

My problem is with people like you to be frank. I have been on this forum long enough to hear you and others moan like girls about SE doesn't do this SE doesn't do that, then when SE DO action what you want, you find something else to moan about!
I have owned the P800, P1i, P990 and I would say in MY experience (So I don't care what others state as fact) that all the build quality is top notch.
The P1i has metal, is heavy so if you drop it it WILL damage, I bet any N series Nokia is the same, however seeing as your not SUPPOSED to drop £600 on the floor then it's a moot point but it sounds like your a careless person if you drop that much money regularly, but to let you know, the only phone I've dropped was the P1i and it survived, it didn't 'explode'. And there are MANY people that would say the W960 is well built.
The ONLY point of your post was to slate the Idou as rubbish and that the Nokia 5800 is way better and NOTHING else, you have nothing constructive to add to the Idou thread, just worthless slandering information which p***es me off when I keep seeing it again and again and again and again in every damn thread.
And so by YOU stating that I have ONLY seen a 5800 is proved as utter rubbish and actually proves how little YOU know.

Your posts read like someone who does not ike SE very much and wants to spread slander in every SE thread.

For your info I have been using mobile phones for about the last 12 years or so, so I do consider t know a thing or two about them having Nokia and SE and Samsung models throughout that time. This has no relevance to the thread but as you seem to think I must be 16? Or have no idea or experience with mobile phones then I am stating otherwise.

Your points on the fact the Idou has nothing new in it as I proved is also rubbish, I remember reading COUNTLESS moaning threads requesting SE would use the OMAP platform an I'm sure you were included in this. So when SE DO release a device using a BETTER OMAP platform the Nokia, you come on here and state it's 'nothing special'
Then theirs the price, your issue with SE charging 'Top Doller' well seeing as it's a flagship device then i would FULLY expect SE to follow what EVERY other mobile phone manufacturer does and charge 'Top Doller' for it.

If I am wrong in my assessment of your character then please correct me.

Right, rant over, phew.

Found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOEeufpv-k

Anyone know WHY he is trying to pinch zoom on a photo at the end? Do they know something we don't or are they displaying that the Idou has no multitouch?
[ This Message was edited by: apolloa on 2009-05-14 18:18 ]
tyko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-15 08:49
The cnet.de preview claims it's a capacative screen, maybe thats why they try the pinch zoom.
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-05-15 13:02

On 2009-05-14 18:55:12, apolloa wrote:

On 2009-05-14 15:12:27, Nitro Fan wrote:
@apolloa

My problem is with people like you to be frank. I have been on this forum long enough to hear you and others moan like girls about SE doesn't do this SE doesn't do that, then when SE DO action what you want, you find something else to moan about!
I have owned the P800, P1i, P990 and I would say in MY experience (So I don't care what others state as fact) that all the build quality is top notch.
The P1i has metal, is heavy so if you drop it it WILL damage, I bet any N series Nokia is the same, however seeing as your not SUPPOSED to drop £600 on the floor then it's a moot point but it sounds like your a careless person if you drop that much money regularly, but to let you know, the only phone I've dropped was the P1i and it survived, it didn't 'explode'. And there are MANY people that would say the W960 is well built.
The ONLY point of your post was to slate the Idou as rubbish and that the Nokia 5800 is way better and NOTHING else, you have nothing constructive to add to the Idou thread, just worthless slandering information which p***es me off when I keep seeing it again and again and again and again in every damn thread.
And so by YOU stating that I have ONLY seen a 5800 is proved as utter rubbish and actually proves how little YOU know.

Your posts read like someone who does not ike SE very much and wants to spread slander in every SE thread.

For your info I have been using mobile phones for about the last 12 years or so, so I do consider t know a thing or two about them having Nokia and SE and Samsung models throughout that time. This has no relevance to the thread but as you seem to think I must be 16? Or have no idea or experience with mobile phones then I am stating otherwise.

Your points on the fact the Idou has nothing new in it as I proved is also rubbish, I remember reading COUNTLESS moaning threads requesting SE would use the OMAP platform an I'm sure you were included in this. So when SE DO release a device using a BETTER OMAP platform the Nokia, you come on here and state it's 'nothing special'
Then theirs the price, your issue with SE charging 'Top Doller' well seeing as it's a flagship device then i would FULLY expect SE to follow what EVERY other mobile phone manufacturer does and charge 'Top Doller' for it.

If I am wrong in my assessment of your character then please correct me.

Right, rant over, phew.

Found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOEeufpv-k

Anyone know WHY he is trying to pinch zoom on a photo at the end? Do they know something we don't or are they displaying that the Idou has no multitouch?
[ This Message was edited by: apolloa on 2009-05-14 18:18 ]

@apolloa
Only you made any comparison between your posts and those of a 16 year old.

I merely expressed an opinion as to the upcoming Idou nothing more and made what I believe to be a fair statement of the features of the Nokia 5800 and the failings of IT's music player compared to those of the walkman series.

I work very hard for my money, and feel perfectly justified in complaining about what I consider to be the rubbish build quality of the P series, Sony Ericsson have no qualms about selling devices with incomplete sw and cases that require user modification to make them acceptable.

I refer of course to the appalling battery covers on the P910 P990 P1 all of which (Search the Forums) required the "Credit Card Fix" to stop them flexing and creaking NOT acceptable build quality on a £400 handset.

I am not interested in "the N97 will be as badley damaged if you drop that" argument. I consider it a rather childish "tit for tat" debate,

I do not own an N97 I used to own a P1 and that did not handle daily use that well.

I did own a W950 who's touch screen failed within a week!
I do own a P990 who's case has been creaking since its second month
I do own a W960 who's case is creaking and cracked after 10 months use

I do not buy phones out of any misguided brand loyalty, I make my selection merely on the basis that they offer what I need from a device at that point in time at a price I am prepared to pay So the "Nokia is rubbish" line is of no interest to me at all as I think my Nokia 5800XM is great and its cheap.My W960 apart from its appalling build quality IS one of the best hand held devices I have ever used

As for having "Nothing constructive to add to the Idou thread" I feel stating that it should be cutting edge and sensibly priced is a reasonable and sensible observation.

I am always amused by those who's reaction to anyone making a direct comparison between Sony Ericssons products and Nokia's products is a hysterical defence of all things Sony Ericsson regardless of their products failings.

Sony Ericsson are a big company who have been losing huge sums of money for a reason! I feel certain they do not require "Fanboys" to defend them.

If as you claim, you have used both the IDOU and the Nokia N97 I for one am pleased for you and would like to ask what the user experience has been like for you?

I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
Mizzou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-15 15:38
they design's dements from Sony Ericsson sometimes held in the hands of those creations? what a nice mobile to heavy and bulky as a brick, gibbous as camel .. what is on the back of Idou the camel hump than K800, otherwise it would be super mobile

when finally made slim and elegant mobile phone with dimensions gadgety good parameters, at least comparable to the competition?

us to increase beard? when SE finally extinguished?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-05-15 16:08
Dimensions 111 x 54 x 15 mm. Is the 15mm including the 'camel hump'? If so then I don't find it bulky. The K800 is thicker.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2009-05-15 15:11 ]
Radu_91
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-15 16:21
in the lens cover area i think it's thick as a C905 which is quite a thick phone
Mizzou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-15 17:02
large cap obstructs the camera there, back to be smooth as the iPhone, HTC, Nokia or LG (109x56x12,5) .. Idou could have a nice smooth line

se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-15 17:52
Holds a 12 mp camera btw, if you dint notice.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425 262728  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic