Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > Place your contacts home addresses in T68i.

Author Place your contacts home addresses in T68i.
kalo93406
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 23:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello.. I just got my T68i. I made the Phone Book/Contact manager more like a PIM by adding my contacts physical address.

I did this buy putting all of my contact info (including street addresses) in MS outlook. Then using SE XTNDConnect for the T68i.

Show all the fields on your Phone Book… Click. “phone Book”, “options”, “contact info” then check all the fields

When in XTND click on “settings”, then “mapping”, “contacts” and “mapping” again.
Keep all the field mapped the same, but change these.

For “company” map to two fields in Outlook., “home address city” and “home address state” fields in Outlook.

For “title” filed map to “home address street” field in Outlook

For “other phone” map to, “home address postal code” field in Outlook.

Have all of your contact info in Outlook. For me the first time I just deleted all my contacts in my phone then did a fresh sync from Outlook. Works like a charm and when viewing contacts all the info displays well.

This really works well for me. Now I have all my contacts street addresses when away from home

Hope this is a good Tip for someone out there.

Cheers
bub
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-06 00:59
I tried this but then I get the address, when browsing through the addressbook appended to the contact's name. Is there a way to avoid this? Looks ugly.
Always ask for a receipt if a SE service point opens your T68i to remove dust, otherwise your warranty expires!! Happened to me.
kalo93406
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-05-06 04:45
Bub.. I'd like to help but i just don't understand exactly what you've said. First.. What does "browsing through the address book mean? Discribe how you get to this browsing function... Then what exactly do you see when you get to the page you are looking at.

When I go to the "phone book", then (3) manage contact, then (1) view contact, hit (yes) and then scroll through contacts.. as i look at a contact with an address it displays very well with last name, first name, street address, city/ state, home phone, work phone, mobile phone, zip code, email address.

Do you mean the address is appended right into the name fiels with the name??? if so there is some error in your mapping of the fields.

Hope I can help some how.. give me more info if you can..

Cheers, Roger
bub
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-06 12:50
He Roger, thanks for replying.

With browsing I mean when you tap your joystick down or up from the mainscreen, the phonebook view you then see looks like:

[firstname] [lastname] [company]
Yannick Smits myaddressstreet
John Doo otheraddress
Roger hisaddress

That's messy. I don't think I made a mistake with the mappings, just that the T68i thinks it is usefull to append the company name to a contact.
Always ask for a receipt if a SE service point opens your T68i to remove dust, otherwise your warranty expires!! Happened to me.
kalo93406
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-05-06 13:10
Bub. I'm so sorry.. I've just noticed mine is the same way... didn't really even notice it that much I guess... Yeah, I suppose it isn't as clean... I see it is just the "City" with the Name in my case... Can't believe I hadnt' noticed.. I dont have addresses for all of my contacts.. so guess that is why I didn't really see it.. thanks.. Roger

[ This Message was edited by: kalo93406 on 2003-05-06 12:11 ]
binoblaine05
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-05-06 22:38
Thanks for the info chum...that should help...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi