Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > I can't save pictures on my t68i :(

Author I can't save pictures on my t68i :(
elfer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 00:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

I am following all the instructions to save a downloaded logo or pic on my t68i, but when I click "yes" to get the "save" option, nothing happens! The "save picture" option is also greyed out in the options menu...I don't understand???? is there something misconfigured on my phone?
Please help!
elfer
oj88
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 01:51
Probably the memory is full.

This message was posted from a T68i

elfer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 02:01
No, sorry. The memory is not full. This is a new phone, nothing has been uploaded. I check memory status. Far from full.

elfer
SuperRob
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 02:44
You probably have a phone from AT&T with Firmware version R5D007. AT&T disabled the ability to save graphics from WAP sites in this firmware version. Probably so they can charge you for graphics from their mMode sites.
elfer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 04:16
You can't be serious!? Yes, it's a AT&T!

What business do they have f*cking with "MY" phone? I paid for the darn thing.....is there any recourse?

elfer
aalaap
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-14 08:49

You have a few options...

- try taking it to a local dealer and flash the phone with non-at&t firmware...

- get an irda/bluetooth or better still, a data cable for your phone and hook it up to your pc to download stuff directly - this is what i do.

- get rid of the phone and buy a serviceless phone from ebay

i did all of the above haha

wap is crap expensive here so im not worried about not being able to download thru it .. frankly i havent even tried yet and i dont think i ever will !

- Aalaap
SGH-E630
T68iFan
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 09:01
Yes elfer, superrob's right. U should return it, cancel att an get t-mobile... If its < 2 weeks. Sorry :-(

This message was posted from a T68i

elfer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 19:03
I can't return it; I am a long-year customer with AT&T, but I am starting to get really, really pissed of at this shit.

I do have the cable to interface my phone with my PC.

What software would I use to download stuff to my phone? Is there a FAQ or something that explains how to do this?

I can't believe AT&T...I am so pissed I can't even tell you; I feel betrayed by them, after all these years.. arghhh!!!

elfer
quasi888
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-25 03:01
You're not alone, elfer. Been an AT&T TDMA customer for years, finally switched to GSM a couple weeks ago with a T68 (which downloaded graphics just fine), which inexplicably died last night, and brought it back to the store and exchanged it for a T68i today. Tried downloading my graphics from my private Esato area -- NOTHING.

I will continue to be an AT&T Wireless customer because in my area (SF Bay Area) most other providers suck, but this pisses me off to no end.

I do have a data cable at home, so I guess I'll go that route.

Dave

P.S. Just noticed something....the graphics in the *public* areas have an "Alternative Download" link, which *does* work for me. Perhaps if that link can be activated in the private areas, that would be a solution...?
amitm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-22 19:29
i got a replacement t68i from AT&T (R7A013) and it can save images just fine like my old one (R3C001)

have things changed?

stevenley
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-07-12 07:41
I got my t68i yesterday and had the same problem. I called ATT tech support and they intially said I should be able to but then said I wasnt. But while on hold waiting for a answer I realized that esato.com has a alternative download link which I simply clicked on and my phone prompted me if I wanted the image. Though what pissed me off is that the WAP browser would download the image to the page then I would redownload to my phone. This doubled the amount of transfered data. It would be a nice feature if they had some sort of page for just alternative download links in the favorits.

Steven Ley//stevenley@yahoo.com
Jowi
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-12 08:56
Quote:

On 2003-01-14 04:16:00, elfer wrote:
You can't be serious!? Yes, it's a AT&T!

What business do they have f*cking with "MY" phone? I paid for the darn thing.....is there any recourse?

elfer

ours is worst...PH Globe blocked all useful wapsites for downloads of images/themes/tones...they even blocked esato wapsite (downloads & forums wap)
SCORPIONKING1982
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-12 09:47
just had a thought for the AT&T users. Have you tried using the SE site to download pics?
If you got to http://www.sonyericsson.com/fun/index.jsp?ref=http%3A//www.sonyericsson.com/us/ and sign up there you can upload your own pictures to wap and download them to your phone. Rather than using the option menu to select 'save picture' u click a download link on the wap page and it save the pic to ur phone.
hopefully that makes sense and will be of use to you

tom
myspace.com/scorpionking1982
mkanet
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-14 05:56
No wonder when I tried this on my brand new ATT phone, my WAP browser says, "NOT ACCEPTABLE". I doubt there's a firmware hack to "fix" this problem for the Samsung e316. Has anyone been successful in downloading personal pictures from ANY WAP website? I tried sonyerricson's website, but that didnt work.

Am I stuck with buying an expensive data cable to do this? Geez imagine that... using a cable to transfer data on a wireless device!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi