Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > 5 more p800 bad things

12  Next
Author 5 more p800 bad things
chungagoring
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-14 00:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
1. the blue button under cam button cannot be customizable. it always leads you to the browser, even when you're in a call! this is stupid since when you're going to browse any internet page you already have taken off the stylus.

2. any alarm (like daily wakeup) will work when phone is off

3. when the alarms sound, you have to look at the screen to see where the buttons to silence, snooze and done are, and if you press jogdial, it switches off the alarm instead of snooze. it should be like this:
-press anywhere in the screen and it snoozes (man!, you're completely asleep, who'd want to search for the jogdial or something!)
-press a tiny button on an edge of the screen or the jogdial to switch it off.

4. voice memo is crap. you don't get a list of the memos, only "prevoius" and "next" buttons. you cannot put names to each memo either. it is incredible that this features along with call recording are present in t300 and not in p800 >:(

5. no voice memo to computer! they are not saved under phonememory/audio/ nor in any other computer accessible folder.
luis g-camino a.k.a. luiscamino in other forums
luiscamino.com
clubsonyericsson.com
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-14 00:43
Anyone know of any Symbian developers writing better alarms?
chungagoring
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-14 00:49
justo noticed in file manager that voice memos are stored in c:/documents/voice/voicenote. you can open them individually from here and save them elsewhere in the phone or in the memory stick but since file manager can't select multiple files at the same time, you must do it one by one if you want to transfer them to the computer or just rename them...

not only we need a better p800 firmware, we need a better file manager
luis g-camino a.k.a. luiscamino in other forums
luiscamino.com
clubsonyericsson.com
Markmomukhamo
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-14 04:01
I agree on the call for a better file management system. I downloaded some items off the myglobe.com.ph site and I couldn't find it. I hope they release the new firmware soon.
imanuk
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-11 15:20
Quote:

On 2003-01-14 00:28:00, chungagoring wrote:
1. the blue button under cam button cannot be customizable. it always leads you to the browser, even when you're in a call! this is stupid since when you're going to browse any internet page you already have taken off the stylus.

Try Quickstart. It worked for me:

http://www.handango.com/uk/Pl[....]atalog=20&txtSearch=quickstart

It cost but there are cracks out there. Besides to get rid of the damn internet browser suppied with the p900 its well worth it! Outstanding ly useful cos its the fastest way to display the clock and nav to your fav aps in one.

Give it a try. It even keeps the button toggled when you switch your phone off then back on again!
anish
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-03-11 15:25
@Imanuk
Welcome to Esato. You can see taht this is a very old thread if you look at the dates. But it seems you have done some searching which is very good coz it answers most questions. welcome again
Knowledge is two fold. Knowing a subject or knowing where to find out about a subject. I rely on both... That is why I come here.
imanuk
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-23 14:38
@anish
Cheers, I just wanted to let everyone know about this software, its made my life so much better! I left post on all relevant topics so any searches bring up relevant info. (I think of it as a service.)

Sometimes it can be so hard to find things while searching.

PS, how can I get a pic of a phone under my name?! cant find it anywhere. Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: imanuk on 2004-03-26 16:04 ]
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-23 14:44
a phone will appear after 10 posts, but it will only be a faint one

edit your prefrences at the top of the page to choose a phone
mtsl500
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-25 21:04
Installing SMAN gave me the capability of customizing my blue button

--mt
dogbone33
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-03-25 21:22
i designated my blue button to trigger the handy day in open flip.... so yes you can modified the blue button as well as the camera button
djpowelly
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-03-26 12:26
But doesnt everyone have thier digs in their fav phone, for eg. I WISH my T300 had bt, and I wish my T68i had mophun!
djpowelly
imanuk
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-28 07:51
But when a easy to knock button, opens a piece of software which takes a while to load, then trys to connect to the net, then puts up an error message and only then you can fianlly close it and carry on with what you were doing it becomes a problem.

Which could be so easily avoided but takes many hours of searching to find an appropriate solution.

Thats why its a reasonable dig... Deep breath...
licos
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-28 08:26
"keymaper" is another option to customise your px00
miaka
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-28 09:38
hi there!!!

just new here and i request some facts:
1)where can i download free software/application for my P800 (did i mention i love it)
2)where can i download free ringtones, videos, wav files and midi files
3)if i can download software for free is the registration free also.
4) MOST important - FM radio, is there an application for this and we can put it in loudspeaker like that ones available in nokia and siemens

thank u so much to the people who will respond to this. if there is confidentiality issue here...please feel free to email me at miaka_kashumi@yahoo.com

*proud to be pinoy*

imanuk
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-29 09:12
@licos I like keymapper, tho I wish the key/screenlock function implemented like the normal one, every other second the backlight comes on and zaps the battery!

Cheers, because if I wasnt so taken by quickstart it would be a saviour.

@miaka
1)Theres loads of websites (search google) or try the main two: my-symbian.com and handango.
2)Have a look in the forum for free vids and see the front page for ringtones as esato has lots for download.
3)Theres lots of software, some is free, some is availible to download for a trial period then you are required to pay for it if you wish to keep it; this is called shareware.
4) I dont know of any software that allows playback through the loud speaker, it is really a differnt audio system to the system connectors. Anyone else know any more?!

For confidentiality issues people usualy use the Personal Message feature.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi