Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Need Help: SE K800i USB Connection Problem

12  Next
Author Need Help: SE K800i USB Connection Problem
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-07 14:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm having some issues with my SE K800i. Everytime I connect my phone to my computer, the USB Connection options (File Transfer and Phone Mode) show on my phone's screen. Everytime I select any of the options, it says that my phone is ready to use with my computer but it's not detected on my computer. I think it's not a problem with my phone's port because my headset is working. I was able to use my phone with USB connection the day before I encountered the problem. Other USB devices are detected on my computer. What do you think guys is the problem? USB drivers, firmware, port on my phone, USB cable or the SE software on my computer? Any isolation steps guys that you would suggest? Thanks in advance. :)
"No one can predict to what heights you can soar until you spread your wings."
Boysie
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-07 15:17
Mine does the same sometimes. If i unplug it and plug it back in its ok. I put it down to a worn connector or dirty fast port.
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-07 20:26
Fast port is the name of the port wherein you connect the headset, charger and the phone cable. Right? I already tried cleaning it and tried reconnecting it several times but it's not being detected anymore. It was working fine before but I don't know what happened. :(
Boysie
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-07 20:37
Can u try another cable?
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-07 23:16
That's what I wanna try as well but I don't have any other USB cable. Actually, it works but I have to forcely push the connect of the cable to the fast port, angled at around 2 degrees. I don't know if it is really a problem with the fast port but my headset works fine. But there are times that when I connect my headset, only one ear works. I have to wiggle the headset connector and forcely push it as well.
lazeeboy
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2009-01-08 00:13
had that same problem before. resolved it by cleaning the cable and phone's connecting points using cotton buds dripped with cleaning fluid(in my case, from an old vcr head cleaner).

lately, what i've been doing is to just use bluetooth to transfer small files(pics, themes, java apps) and an m2 adapter for larger files(mp3's, videos).

[ This Message was edited by: lazeeboy on 2009-01-07 23:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: lazeeboy on 2009-01-08 10:53 ]
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-08 15:06
I already tried cleaning them but still does not work. I can use bluetooth to transfer files but the reason why I want to use the cable is because I'm going to install a modded camera driver and modded acoustic driver. I have been installing different modded drivers before but now phone is not being detected as well everytime I use XS++.
wizaj
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-08 15:26
I think the issue is the cable, if the FastPort is clean. It's happened to me quite a number of times till I finally replaced the cable.
Patch Porter/APF/ZAPF/WBXML Modder/GFX Dev/Java Coder
centur
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-08 21:45
Click right button on My Computer > Manage > Device manager

Download USB drivers: http://ma3-origin.extranet.so[....]ic/k800_usb_signed_drivers.zip (extract on Desktop)

Connect phone and choose File transfer and see unknown devices in Device manager, them click right button Update driver and select extracted folder on Desktop.
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-08 22:06
@wizaj: But sometimes my phone is detected if I will push it hardly at an angel of ~2 degrees. Actually on the fast port, there are some parts that the dirt cannot be removed and those parts are the parts where the teeth of the USB cable connector go through unlike the teeth of the headset that do not contact those dirty parts. Those dirty parts look like the copper color has gone. Do you think the fast port has gone bad?

@centur: I think the same problem will occur even if I will reinstall the USB drivers because sometimes my phone is being detected. What is the best way to clean the fast port by the way?
Boysie
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-09 00:03
Isopropyl Alcohol solution and a cotton bud.
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-09 04:21
Oh ok. Thank you. I will try that. :)
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-10 10:01
Hi guys, thanks for all of your help. I just solved my issue. I don't know what really solved the issue but what I did is that I cleaned the fastport, reinstalled the USB drivers and stretched the USB cable. My phone just got detected by my computer. I'm so happy! :)
Boysie
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-10 11:23
Lol! Stretched the cable!!!!
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-12 17:10
I have a problem again. Whenever I connect my phone, sometimes it shows Uknown Device on Device Manager. I already reinstalled the USB drivers but still the same. I have to reconnect it several times so that it will be detected.

Another problem is that sometimes my computer turns off whenever I connect my phone especially when I'm using my phone as a modem. Do you think it's a problem with my phone's firmware or with my computer? You know I'm unable to transfer files on my PSP as well. The USB connection always gets lost whenever I transfer games or music files.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi