Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > A2-DB3150-DB3210 Flash Themes No Vibration

Author A2-DB3150-DB3210 Flash Themes No Vibration
pampi
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 18:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

How can I disable or get Flash themes without vibrating everytime I select or move to a menu?
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 18:32
Settings > Sounds & alerts > Vibrating alert > Off

You can't have only the Flash themes' vibration disabled.
Nokia 3520 > 6600 > W800i > W890i > C702 > C905 > BB 9500 > Samsung INNOV8
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 18:41
that vibration from the flash themes is something that characterize them. anyways, there are flash themes that dont vibrate when you highlight icons at the menu.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
pampi
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 22:37
Thanks for quick response.
Where to get the flash themes with no vibrating on menu highlight?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 23:08
it's a bit difficult to know what does and what doesn't. you have to try them . look for them at 4shared.com
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-04 06:15
Most Flash themes whose menu layout have been modified (i.e. the position of icons have been pimped) do not have vibration. Some examples would be Danger, the Glassy bunch, Targeting (you can get these for db3150/db3210 at www.se4ever.ru). Don't really know but it seems the vibration was turned off by their authors.
Nokia 3520 > 6600 > W800i > W890i > C702 > C905 > BB 9500 > Samsung INNOV8
pampi
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-04 17:18

On 2009-01-04 06:15:38, gtr83 wrote:
Most Flash themes whose menu layout have been modified (i.e. the position of icons have been pimped) do not have vibration. Some examples would be Danger, the Glassy bunch, Targeting (you can get these for db3150/db3210 at http://www.se4ever.ru). Don't really know but it seems the vibration was turned off by their authors.

Thank you, I will check it up.
dawian
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-19 15:58
Vibration command is implemented in the SWF file, which is built-in in your phone's filesystem (hidden from basic user). For accessing them on A2/A200 phones (newer SE phones), we use application called A2uploader. Google it, just be sure to disable antivirus while downloading it - or the antivirus won't let you download the program.

Don't get scared off - whole process is simple like never before on SE phones. A2uploader will be your main and probably only tool.

Now brief intro on how flash menus work on SE phones: Flash menu is file with .swf extension - here FlashLite animation. Common theme for SE phones is file with .thm extension. Theme file is TAR packed (like ZIP or RAR, just different code) and if you're using Total Commander, it'll open and save .thm file without problems. In this .thm file - there are pictures, backgrounds and all fancy graphics needed for theme PLUS there is one file with .xml extension, which tells which picture goes where, what should how behave etc. - it's theme layout scheme. This is most important and main theme file AND this file also stores information whether theme has or has not flash menu. If it does, then it points to some file with .swf extension, that is stored in the phone's filesystem.

NOW, that means you can't have flash menu just with .thm file. You need to upload .swf file named exactly as in the .xml file in the .thm package. .THM and .SWF do not have to have exact same names! - .SWF needs to be named corresponding to the .XML information.

So, when we understand this pairs of THM and SWF files, we can move further.

To edit vibrations for your .THM theme, you must edit corresponding .SWF file in phone's filesystem. We do that by editing it in computer and then uploading it to the phone via A2uploader. So, before editing, you normally have both corresponding .THM file and .SWF files in your computer.

1. Open SWF file with HEX editor or maybe in some simple text editor that will leave text unformatted (Didn't try notepad, but it might work). I used HxD that comes with Total Commander Ultima Prime package - it does not really matter which editor you use - the only important thing it that filesize must remain the same or the .SWF file won't work.

2. We need to destroy command StartVibrate. There is a script called Vibrate, that vibrates phone everytime you move in the menu. Search for string Startvibrate in the file. You'll find one.

3. Change whatever letter of the Startvibrate, but be sure to keep filesize intact. So change it to Startpibrate, Sparthibrate or whatever. You'll destroy script operability this way. Save. Preview in browser just to be sure SWF file works.

4. Install Gordon Gate drivers from A2uploader package. Have data cable for your phone ready.

5. Open A2uploader, click Filesystem. Turn off phone. Then hold 2 and 5 together (some phones require holding C button) and connect it to computer via cable. A2uploader should discover it and let you to the filesystem. Go to tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash directory. Here you'll see SWF flash themes installed in your phone. Upload your non vibrating theme by dragging and dropping to A2uploader. Click Shutdown FS. Disconnect phone.

6. Wait a while, then switch on the phone. If it doesn't switch on, reinsert battery. Then switch on. Check menu vibrations ... voila!!

If something went wrong and you don't see flash menu, following might have happened:
- filenames are wrong. information in XML file in THM package doesn't match with SWF filename
- wrong editing SWF file. you changed filesize and thus SWF is not working. use hexeditor to change startvibrate string
- you didn't upload swf file correctly. maybe you dragged and dropped it elsewhere

Good luck!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi