Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Xperia Or Touch HD

Previous  1234  Next
Author Xperia Or Touch HD
rafalson
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-01-06 00:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
actually I was comparing those two today. Speed of system was about the same, maybe HD slightly faster. Otherwise... if you like iponeish screens take HD, if you appreiciate typing easiness take X1.
I would choose X1 over HD because of neat design and hardware qwerty.

number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-04-05 14:41
Ok,
from experience here goes,
Had the X-1 from o2 for 2 weeks, ..........................as a fan of SE dating back to my trusty old T68i, which i still have a brand new unused one in a box someplace, guess that alone speaks volumes, didnt like the X-1 at all, i will be doing a comparrison with its replacement/HTC Touch pro soon, but just to say that whilst both devices come from the same stable, HTC clearly had the better clearer vision, when designing the hardware and UI. Frankly at the moment i am a bit pissed at SE, they make some pretty good mobiles, i currently have a much loved C902 but when it comes to smart devices, they cant seem to work out what the users want, so for my working tool ive jumped camp to HTC, and so far its brilliant.
[ This Message was edited by: number2 on 2009-04-05 22:45 ]
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-05-10 03:40
6 months in with HTC Touch HD & its a very very good phone, th X1 I tried went straight back wasnt impressed at all. htc is my first non SE phone this century
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2009-05-10 07:22
i really love this phone xperia because of it's panel feature.
let me tell you something, xperia has it all what other phones have but the panels is turly a great feature. it just dosent concentrate on a particular applictions but it also lets you connect with your phone calls and messages and all other features too. and whichever application of panel is there around are great. you can have all the features running smooth and nice.
i also like opera for web browsing in xperia and i think it's better than browsing on iphone also. xperia has a good music interface panel which allows you to browse your tracks with many options. i use cnn panel for news/skype panel to be in touch with my friends abroad/music panel/facebook panel for facebooking/evernote panel.
i dont have to tell you what phone does in normal mode cause it has everything u want and it works charm for me.
so all in all i really love the phone, it works smooth, great, stylish and it gives me all what i want !!
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-10 10:26
Sorry chum, sounds like you havnt tried the competition, but at the end of the day its all a matter of personnal choice, after trying both devices, i chose the HTC, the panels you go on about with so much enthusiasm, are just a hinderance, something else to navigate around to get done what you want to do. but as i said earlier, its a choice, but please dont make judgments without trying all the alternatives.
Ta very much!
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-10 11:08
The Xperia is tops at XDA though.
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-05-10 12:16
im an XDA member & I can't remember being asked to vote on which phone should b "tops"
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 16:40
As another XDA member i have also never seen a poll re X-1 versus Touch pro, having said that im not so sure that HTC users give a flying fig about polls, they care more about the device itself.
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 18:25
Back again,
Ok guys now had a few weeks getting to know the XdaSerra aka
HtcTouchPro
So my results, and remember these are my findings, personnal preferences.
1) HTC Flush screen, amazing i dont have to contort my grown up finger, or resort to the stylus to open the start menu. i just Touch the screen.
2) External speaker, instead of being at a point on the phone where my hand rather inconveniently covers it up, HTC have put it on the back where it provides clear sound.
3) Touch flo, one easy layout, that from day one was understandable and usable for grown up fingers.
4) Texting, i can do this one handed, just like a real phone, i dont need to open the keyboard or get the stylus out.
5) All icons and menus are for grown up fingers.
6) Operating manual, HTC 300 pages plus, SE X-1 manual 30 pages plus.
7) Keyboard, white letters on black keys, so easy to read.
No panels, just easy straight forward navigation.

What dont i like, what SE did get right,
The 3 mm headphone socket, HTC should have put that on their own device.
Camera button exactly where it should be.

Plaese feel free to make your own lists, as i said these are just my preferences, anyhow go to it guys and good luck.
[ This Message was edited by: number2 on 2009-05-13 19:03 ]
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 08:28
The poll on XDA forum for the best HTC phone in 2008....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446362

Look at the number of votes for Xperia !
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 08:48
The poll seems pretty suss to me. XDA devs isn't like Esato, the majority of people there are simply interested in getting the best out of their particular device and that's pretty much it. I've been a member there for a couple of years and I think today's the first time I've even wandered into the "general" section..

HTC hasn't been much of a brand until recently and many of the devices on that forum were marketed under an arrary of brand names like Dopod, XDA, Qtek etc, so the concepts of brand loyalty and fanboyism aren't well known. I wonder if the introduction of SE fans en masse may have changed that...
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 09:02
LOL.Just coz the Xperia won, XDA becomes useless. LOL.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 11:26
XDA isn't useless at all, XDA is just better than the silly grandstanding and fanboyism that goes on in places like this, where a phone like the X1 is "teh winner!!!111" because it's got the SE name on it.

That poll's so out of keeping with XDA generally, I suspect it's just been targeted by the SE faithful.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 11:46
Why cant you assume that people actually like the phone and voted for it??
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 12:24
I just did a bit of maths on the forum numbers - XDA's X1 forums contain a total of 70,788 posts. The Touch Pro's forums have 142,096 posts, twice as many, and yet in the poll the X1 is supposedly twice as good/popular as the Touch Pro. Likely? Or the result of the typical HTC/Winmo voting being spread across many devices, and the smaller SE crowd being focussed on one?

PS - 130,929 posts on the Touch HD if anyone's wondering, again almost twice that of the X1. Of course they might all have been saying "this phone's terrible, I wish I'd bought an X1" but I've a hunch that's not the case.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-05-14 11:37 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi