Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > C905 earpiece dead/failing fix

123  Next
Author C905 earpiece dead/failing fix
Bialynia
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-16 21:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well I am pretty sure we can find a fix to the earpiece failing. My earpiece went this morning and I was ready to ship it off to get fixed when I read that someone here had pressed the "C" button and gotten it to work, well I can get sound in the earpiece by depressing and holding the "C" key, when I let go it disappears. So is this a hardware soldering bug or is it software related? Clearly the earpiece still works which is good news and gives rise to some optimism. So I would suggest that those that have the earpiece failure play around with the phone and see if anything can fix it. I will do a master reset and I will reflash the phone tonight to see if that may resolve the issue, I will update tomorrow.
sibluenose
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-16 21:58
This sounds grim. I only got my phone on Saturday and am horrified to see how many folks are having this problem.

Surely this is more likely to be a hardware issue than a software issue but I guess with the complexity of the phone there is an outside change that reloading might work.

If it is hardware there will be a few hundred thousand being returned and that ain't good news! (
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-12-16 22:22
My poor friend at work had his replacement handsets earpiece fail yesterday! The first one got sent back for the same thing, now he's stuck where he was three weeks ago!
I did a master reset for him, but to no avail. And yeah, the trick with the 'C' button brought it back but only for a minute. This is kind of why I jumped ship, because there were so many niggles with this handset.
Here's hoping it gets fixed soon
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-16 23:57
I had this fault.

No need for it. A high end phone you expect the phone part to work. I was two weeks with no C905 due to this fault.
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 00:10
had mine from friday, hope that wont happens to me, more than 5houres talk, so far so good, it seems design fault..
---------------------
Bialynia
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-18 05:04
Flashing and resetting the phone did not work.
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-18 06:49
I think the latest firmy still doesn't have this bug covered yet.
HiddenTreasu
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-19 18:59
I got the same f**kin problem... spent nearly 500 Euros for this (otherwise great) phone and now the earpiece went dead on me... wtf?

The thing is... where do you send it to in order to get it repaired or even a new one? I got mine on eBay and still got the receipt, but I would like to know if you could go to any Sony Ericsson service point and get it fixed or not?

Thanks in advance,
Hidden
yea g
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-20 10:47
Any se service center should fix it.
golemsmate
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-20 19:49
just tried the "C" button trick and... it works!!! but it isnt comfy to hold n it fades out sometimes defo sending it back to mr sony
Coconuts
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-26 18:43
Im gutted.... my earpiece went on Christmas Eve so Ive been stuck talking on loud speaker or pressing the C button which doesnt allways work!

Ive been into 02 but they said come back in the new yr so they can send it off for repair... Will this prob get fixed ??? how bloody long will it take ??

Ive been over the moon with this phone til this happened, then now have discovered all you have had probs too....

Some one pls give me some answers why?? its made me miserable...

Thanks Coco x
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-27 01:06
I had this too, luckly it happened within 11 days so took it straight back to CPW for an replacement so far so good.

Seems to of been a dodgy batch!
"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE" Sent from my Quietly Brilliant HTC.
darrenf23
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-12-29 14:33
The earpiece stopped working for me the other day. I was just trying to find out if others had experienced this problem and found this thread. But just now I remembered that I recently turned "open to answer" and "close to end call" on -- so I've turned them off, and the earpiece has started to work again.
Homeless
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-29 18:36
I had this also after a month. I swapped it fortunatly for a new one so far so good. Id love to no weather its hardware of software related. And if its down too a manufacturing week. You reckon theirs anyway of finding out.
duhprest
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-31 23:17
Are sony ericsson gonna give a public message about this? I think they should say something like, if it's true,

"We're working on the problem and it should be able to be fixed in the next update."

..Something along those lines and I think that would help a lot of people....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi