Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Orange GPRS/MMS question

12  Next
Author Orange GPRS/MMS question
Aled
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-01-11 20:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have an orange t68i, it has 3 gprs data accounts (GPRS WAP, GPRS Internet, MMS)
when i use WAP or GPRS Internet, the amount of data used is logged in the data counter,
however when i send mms, the amount of data sent/recived is not added to the data counter.

as i am now not charged for WAP, but am still charged for GPRS Internet, is there a setting i can change so that when i use the WAP data account does not store the amount of data sent/recieved?
Cheers,
Al.
PiotrMmX
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-11 20:20
Not sure about that. Question-do you pay for recieving mms? How much do you have to pay for a mms? Best regards! Peter.

This message was posted from a T68i

saeed.asmal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 03:03
The network companies are incurrin the charges for mms retrieval...

This message was posted from a Nokia 7650

saeed.asmal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 03:04
The network companies are incurrin the charges for mms retrieval...

This message was posted from a Nokia 7650

wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-12 03:36
@aled - it doesn't add the file sixe of the mms to the counter as you are charged per message sent with mms - not the amount of data you send [addsig]
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 03:44
Has anyone mentioned that all MMS are free till end of jan on Orange.
Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 03:57
If nobody wants it.. put it on eBay.
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 05:27
NO NOT END OF FEB.
Well i have rechecked & Orange say free till end of JAN.
BUT they said fair use policy applies, which is 50 a week or 7 a day. after that they are 40p each, SO COUNT THEM.
Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 05:39
@pachy Which one did you read then?

http://www.orange.co.uk/muckabout/

Terms and Conditions

Free Photo Messaging ("The Promotion") applies to all Orange pay as you go and pay monthly customers from 1 December 2002 to 28 February 2003.

For the duration of The Promotion, if you have a compatible phone you will be able to send photo messages to anyone with a mobile phone or email address. Orange users with a compatible Orange phone will be able to view your message on their phone; however, users who do not have a compatible Orange phone will receive a text message with an ID password inviting them to view your message at http://www.orange.co.uk/mms.

The Promotion does not apply to multi media information messages via 277, which will continue to be charged at 25p per message received.

The Promotion is subject, at all times, to a fair usage policy as set out below.

Orange reserve the right to request that subscribers exceeding the limits set out below reduce their usage. In the event that usage continues to exceed these limits, Orange may at their discretion remove The Promotion from your account and refuse to allow further access to the Photo Messaging service or The Promotion until the end of The Promotion.

High usage of The Promotion is classed as 50 photo messages per week.
A week is defined as Monday 00.01 to Sunday 23.59.

During The Promotion, the number of people you can send the same message to is limited to five. Each recipient will be classed as a separate photo message.

If you are a pay monthly customer and have purchased a photo message bundle, the cost of the bundle will be credited to your account for the duration of The Promotion. After 28th February 2003, photo messages will be charged at your standard Service Plan rates.

Orange reserve the right to amend, vary or cancel these terms and conditions or to withdraw this promotion at any time and will notify you of such changes.

Service is subject to the Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Orange Network Services, a copy of which can be found at the back of your Orange phone User Guide. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions, and the Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Orange Network Services, the latter will prevail.

[ This Message was edited by: boyi on 2003-01-12 04:42 ]
Aled
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 18:34
@orangeman- i realise this, but there must be a setting in the MMS data account somewhere which tells the phone not to store the amount of data transferred, it must therefore be possible to set the WAP account the same way (so it only logs data transferred over orange internet data account)
Jaydee
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 20:58
I understand your question mate, and I've got a t68i so i will check. Do you use the NowMMS service? Because the guys who ork there are totally clued up on just about everything, so i'd send them an e-mail.
I'll keep trying too.
Cheers, JD.

NowMMS - http://www.nowmms.com
drfell
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2003-01-12 22:13
Hello eaody! Does sy know how long stores yahoo sent / received emails. There are operators, who delete emails monthly,there4 my question. Pls reply to forum general topic R520. Thx and reg, drfell

This message was posted from a R520

slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-13 21:54
Does anyone know what speed gprs wap will run at on the orange network (uk).
Just a quiery really doesnt seem much fast on my t68i using gprs against a 8310 using dailup.
I get to the home page quicker but after that it about the same time going round wap sites like esato.
I know that each network runs grps at diff speeds etc depending on users at any given time.
Also I dont expect to get a the top speed all the time but it does seem to be ruuning at about 9.6kps all the time.
Any wap test sites out there
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-13 22:01
End of feb free mms ends

Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-13 22:05
GPRS is faster when scrolling down the pages!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi