Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia N97

Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 202122  Next
Author Nokia N97
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-12-07 18:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nokia releases loads of updates because their phones need it! When n96 came out, they released 3 updates within the first month itself! Why? Because it was so buggy(if u wanna have proof, go to nokia forum and check out how may ppl whined about this phone) and it still is....
Innov8's condition was better than this.
However, i hope N97 wont have this same problem.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-07 19:10

On 2008-12-07 07:17:35, Dextrr wrote:

On 2008-12-07 05:39:04, se_dude wrote:
What I have been trying to say for the last 10 pages of posting is that the N97 is scheduled to arrive May 09, and comparisons to the X1 or for regard, any of the phones in the market is totally incomprehendable.It is a good phone, but people here are trying to blow it beyond words.

As of now, the Innov8 is the most powerful symbian phone till date.No Nokia comes close to challenge its usperiority.We will havea valid discussion when the phone emerges in the summer.

On 2008-12-06 14:54:50, QVGA wrote:

yes exactly, so why bother arguing with him? he's just an attention whore, so leave him be.

I guess this language comes naturally to you,and I dont blame you

[ This Message was edited by: se_dude on 2008-12-07 04:40 ]

Ermmm - Aside from the wonderful-better-than-C905 8mp cam, you do realize it uses S60 which is ALMOST the same as what all Nokia smartphone have. So you praising the INNOV8 is like praising S60 and indirectly Nokia which now owns 99% of Symbian. I love this guy and his rational. He's gonna have a fit when his beloved SE uses Symbian in the not so distant future. Hardware/Body made by SE - Software/Soul made by Nokia.

And the INNOV8 doesn't have a touchscreen which is a definate plus and favors the N97 IMFO.

I remember how SE fanboys used to bash Nokia for lack of a touchscreen. Since, that's been taken care of, all they have left to rag on is the 'build quality' even if SE's isn't any better either.

Really man, you rock. The so called 8 mp cam is the biggest trump of the Innov8 and yopu are telling me to discount that??..

Btw, i know you are a bit shortsighted, but you should have noticed that i mentoned, "as of now" for phones that are in the market.Lets keep this bashing and smashing till this phone is available, which is almost 4 motnhs away.You Nokia fanboys can churn the cud as much as you want, but its just Nokia being late in introducing the already available technology in the market.Period.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2008-12-07 19:13

On 2008-12-07 18:51:53, djin wrote:
Nokia releases loads of updates because their phones need it! When n96 came out, they released 3 updates within the first month itself! Why? Because it was so buggy(if u wanna have proof, go to nokia forum and check out how may ppl whined about this phone) and it still is....
Innov8's condition was better than this.
However, i hope N97 wont have this same problem.

Well atleast they make the effort to update buggy phones until they are stable eg. N95, and N78.
BUT N73, N81, E51, E65, N95-8GB, N82, etc. . .werent that buggy but are STILL getting updates, new features, etc. . . .
Atleast if i get a buggy NOKIA S60 im confident that NOKIA will continue to update until they have fixed it and in the process they will add little things here and there to improve the user experience.
Last i checked the Innov8 did have some bugs, but are the users who bought it at such an expensive price guaranteed it will all be fixed? I doubt it. Did the G810 even get updates?

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-07 19:47
So, what do think of the design? To be honest, I quite like the design and it is, designwise, somewhat more simple than 5800, for instance, which is positive, that is!
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-07 21:50

On 2008-12-06 03:46:25, SloopJohnB wrote:
Is there anything new in this new OS besides widgets? I now itīs a touch device but itīs resistive touch and sorry but thatīs outdated. Itīs slower, less accurate and less responsive. Whatīs new in the software??

Wait, are we still talking about the X1?.... lol

@ C905 I can kind of see some similarities between the N97 and the X1 like others have mentioned, however in the pics on this thread where someone posted them side by side, the build quality and looks of the X1 look ages ahead of the N97. I was stunned when I first took my X1 out of it's box and held it in hand whilr I held it next to my N95 in my other hand. Like Apple, SE truly knows how to make premium feeling and looking devices. Compared to my X1 the N95 now feels like a Fisher Price toy, as will the N97 I suspect. I only wish my X1 performed like it looked, no doubt that the N97 will beat it hands down in this area with it's superior usability and functions (mostly thanks to a touch enabled S60 interface). The N97's design and materials look a little too generic and pedestrian to me. The whole design aesthetic is so meme, in regards to what other phone manufacturers are now doing with their own touch screen enabled phones (thanks for that one Apple), which is part of the reason why I was so drawn to the X1 design to begin with. No one here can deny SE's design elegance and pedigree in regards to the design decisions and execution of the X1! With the exception of Apple, I'm of the honest opinion that SE makes the best damn looking phones out there PERIOD, too bad design isn't all that it takes to make a phone great...

[ This Message was edited by: borisisinvin on 2008-12-07 20:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: borisisinvin on 2008-12-07 22:15 ]
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-07 22:54

On 2008-12-06 15:01:26, MWEB wrote:
Fairs fair, at least Mizzle (who has a strong SE background) has the honesty and intellect to know a decent phone when he sees one, as opposed to certain other members who display an almost psychotic fixation and hatred for anything with a Nokia label.

Yep, I've said I'm impressed, but feature wise it doesn't top X1 in my book. I'm fairly sure I'm getting N97 anyway, though, even though I hardly think I'll end up using it that much.

Was the same thing with the N95. When they announce something good, I'm not one to stay with the old stuff, and will make the move ASAP. Nokia, for me, is the manufacturer with the second best products, and when I think about changing my main phone to one of another brand, Nokia is the first and only brand, apart from HTC, I'm considering.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-12-08 01:30
Gucci,
never mind... this threads been off topic for long time.
But yeah, nice phone. If se doesnt get off with some good phone next year then this could be the one i might be buying, if its the best around then(but there r better ones coming too)..
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-12-08 03:19

On 2008-12-07 19:10:19, se_dude wrote:

On 2008-12-07 07:17:35, Dextrr wrote:

On 2008-12-07 05:39:04, se_dude wrote:
What I have been trying to say for the last 10 pages of posting is that the N97 is scheduled to arrive May 09, and comparisons to the X1 or for regard, any of the phones in the market is totally incomprehendable.It is a good phone, but people here are trying to blow it beyond words.

As of now, the Innov8 is the most powerful symbian phone till date.No Nokia comes close to challenge its usperiority.We will havea valid discussion when the phone emerges in the summer.

On 2008-12-06 14:54:50, QVGA wrote:

yes exactly, so why bother arguing with him? he's just an attention whore, so leave him be.

I guess this language comes naturally to you,and I dont blame you

[ This Message was edited by: se_dude on 2008-12-07 04:40 ]

Ermmm - Aside from the wonderful-better-than-C905 8mp cam, you do realize it uses S60 which is ALMOST the same as what all Nokia smartphone have. So you praising the INNOV8 is like praising S60 and indirectly Nokia which now owns 99% of Symbian. I love this guy and his rational. He's gonna have a fit when his beloved SE uses Symbian in the not so distant future. Hardware/Body made by SE - Software/Soul made by Nokia.

And the INNOV8 doesn't have a touchscreen which is a definate plus and favors the N97 IMFO.

I remember how SE fanboys used to bash Nokia for lack of a touchscreen. Since, that's been taken care of, all they have left to rag on is the 'build quality' even if SE's isn't any better either.

Really man, you rock. The so called 8 mp cam is the biggest trump of the Innov8 and yopu are telling me to discount that??..

Btw, i know you are a bit shortsighted, but you should have noticed that i mentoned, "as of now" for phones that are in the market.Lets keep this bashing and smashing till this phone is available, which is almost 4 motnhs away.You Nokia fanboys can churn the cud as much as you want, but its just Nokia being late in introducing the already available technology in the market.Period.

Oh man, this guy is incredible. The only thing that mesmerizes and oooh aaah's him is the # of MP a phone's camera has. How can I take you seriously kid?! Why don't you bash the X1 'cause it only has an itsy bitsy 3MP camera. This phone is aimed at people that like to keep in touch on the go trough various way of messaging and internet. It's a not a camera phone! Get it genius?

You SE fanboys waited almost a year for the HTC made X1, I think I can wait 4 months (according to you since you have insider info).

Anyway, moving on to a more serious discussion. I love my E71 and the N97 is perfect with the QWERTY and Multimedia. I always liked the X1 for it's multimedia and messaging capabilities but hated WM6.1. Now I have a similarly made device in the N97 BUT with S60. Best of both worlds!

orange
R520
PM
Posted: 2008-12-09 14:13

On 2008-12-05 04:13:12, se_dude wrote:
LOL.Sweet curvy N97?? The N97 is a revamped version of the arc slider X1.

Quite interesting to say that as N97 is not a slider at all. There's no slide mechanism in the device. However, there's two hinges that tilts the display. But, yes in a way they have revamped the slider...By removing it totally!! )
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-12-09 19:16
If you go and read Stuff mag this month there is an article about this phone. It looks completely different to what we see here. It actually looks better than what the pics show here. Anyone know of this.
Phone?? What phone??
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-10 09:58
comes in white. I'll buy it
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-10 11:27
Deleted

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-12-19 12:33 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-12-10 12:02
Thanks for clearing that up i was confused. And yes Stuff's version did look amazing they should hand that design over to Nokia.
Phone?? What phone??
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-03 09:12

On 2008-12-07 22:54:37, Mizzle wrote:
Yep, I've said I'm impressed, but feature wise it doesn't top X1 in my book. I'm fairly sure I'm getting N97 anyway, though, even though I hardly think I'll end up using it that much.

Was the same thing with the N95. When they announce something good, I'm not one to stay with the old stuff, and will make the move ASAP. Nokia, for me, is the manufacturer with the second best products, and when I think about changing my main phone to one of another brand, Nokia is the first and only brand, apart from HTC, I'm considering.

Common! The N97 outguns the X1 "feature" wise all the way through - save for the 1) metal keys, and 2) screen resolution. Clarity will be the key deciding factor upon initial purchase & price for those choosing between the two. But I think for you Mizzle, its the software that enables how you USE the features on the X1 that the N97 may/may not be able to provide - due to varying software availability. Again I feel features = mostly hardware + enhanced by what software enables a user to enjoy that hardware or influence/change how we use that hardware. But thats just my opinion, definately not law.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 11:15
having just re-read this whole thread just a couple of points from an impartial spectator...

1. Both manufacturers have had problems with quality control. Nokia had big probs with keypads lifting on 5500 sport phones, SE had big probs with the S500's keypads cracking but both companies sorted this out pretty quickly!!!

2. Software issues will always plague smart phones. Companies want to release the phones as quickly as they can and due to human error (which is the cause of software probs) some issues will get through the testing. Take Nokia releasing the N78 quickly, it had big problems with sms storage and freezing but this was sorted out pretty quickly again. Same with SE and some of their phones that have software issues.

3. Both companies are going to have different roadmaps of which direction they want the company to go down and every now and then they are going to cross and release similiar handsets. Nokia tend not to be so ahead of everyone anymore when they release their 'flagship' handsets they seem to use reliable parts that they can source cheaper than the latest megapixel cam module. SE seem to do very similiar things but also have introduced the lines of bringing in distinct sections to the market like walkman phones and cybershot phones.

4. Usergroups for both of these phones are going to be very different and one person may find something that is amazing and another person could find it the worst thing ever. Thats life!

And finally cant everyone just like what they like and give their thoughts without it turning into a flaming war and just discuss what is good about THIS phone and THIS phone only!!! it is a nokia n97 discussion not a lets compare everyother phone to this phone before its released!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic