Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > T-T plus T68i but on O2 Payandgo UK.

Author T-T plus T68i but on O2 Payandgo UK.
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-10 17:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Folks,

does anyone in the UK use their Tungsten with an O2 payandgo mobile?

I am trying to connect my T-T to my T68i and check mails and use the web and sms. I can't get the connection and get the message wrong apn.

I think the O2 setup in the phone updater for the T-T is for people with contracts and the settings apn etc, will be different to the payandgo.

I think so because I can see apn as 'wap.o2.co.uk' on the O2 site but in my T68i the apn is payandgo.o2.co.uk

o2 payandgo support say you cannot use a PDA with an O2 payandgo mobile and they say it will receive and send MMS and can surf using gprs but it will not allow a connection to the PDA.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Ofiaich
2tangy
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-10 20:35
I contacted O2 when I couldn't get my O2 PAYG simcard working for GPRS across bluetooth to my PC. The actual APN you need to use is mobile.o2.co.uk but this is disabled for PAYG and can only be used if you buy one of their "Mobile Web" packages (see the product section on shop.o2.co.uk) You have to start a separate monthly contract to make use of it as well
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-10 21:29
Thanks 2tangy! Is it pricey?

I will check it out!!

Ofiaich

[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2003-01-10 20:36 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi