Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Non Windows Mobile phone with handwriting recognition

Author Non Windows Mobile phone with handwriting recognition
Edulous
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-26 20:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've just moved from the Sony P800/900 series, via the HTC Touch Diamond to Sony's X1 / Experia handset. I really dislike Windows Mobile 6.1 - it is much slower (even with X1 processor) and neither synchronises nor searches Office applications (particularly Contacts and Notes) as well as Symbian (or Palm) OS. Worst of all, I find the handwriting recognition greatly inferior (having worked with most types). Can anyone recommend a handset which offers:
- handwriting recognition (NOT Windows Mobile)
- HSDPA / Edge connectivity
- a decent camera (>3.2mp)
The nearest thing I've found is the SonyEricsson G900, but it doesn't have fast broadband. I've searched everywhere, but even Treo has moved to Windows Mobile.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-28 14:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm really impressed with the WinMo transcriber. I can literally write out a sentence or word in print or cursive and it will convert it to text perfectly (provided you have initially trained it). It also does shortcuts. AFAIK The p-series only works with single characters and you have to use certain parts of the screen for numbers and letters.

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-11-29 12:21 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi