Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-09-Portfolio

Previous  123 ... 477478479
Author SE-09-Portfolio
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 06:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Actual production was 6 times of hat they were able to sell?Source? Or its just one of your lucid dreams?
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 06:52
Eldar of all people knows very well that a Camera is the last thing that is optimized in a proto. This is a perfect example of bullshittery from him. Moreover, the amount of handshake in that shot puts a parkinson's-ridden Muhammed Ali in a superior position. Hand me the same proto and I can guarantee you better shots. That's not an empty claim.

I'd like some sources for the claim about production numbers of the W995 too. From what I understand, it led the sales charts for contract handsets in the UK for a while. Even over here, it's very nicely priced.

As for the W595 claim, I dunno which asian countries you're talking about, but over here; the prices are like this:

W595
http://www.spider88.com/ProductPreview.aspx?prodid=526

N5800 (Comes with music)
http://www.spider88.com/ProductPreview.aspx?prodid=613

Reduce a 100 bucks for the non-comes with music edition. Still doesn't change a thing.
NoTnERb
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-25 10:49
The price over at my country for the W595 and N5800 is also a bit far. W595 is priced at PHP 8700 (approx. $185) while the N5800 is priced at PHP 13800 (approx. $293).
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-25 11:30
So Eldar manipulates in his articles.

There's no other brand which he treats this way.
Probably there's a reason why he's so bitter.
a w a r e
prototype_bo
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 12:47

On 2009-11-25 11:30:48, doministry wrote:

i'm not defending the guy, but he was amongst the first people who believed in SE (when the joint venture emerged).
he loves the manufacturer, you can tell that from a previous post titles (letter to the new CEO of SE) where he's exactly pinpointing the things that needs to be changed.

i mean, they got to get their stuff together. my cousin was depressed for returning the Satio (black) to the retailer, after turning into a brick!!! black friday & christmass shopping spree could have been way better.

look at motorolla. scratching their heads to make the droid a success. and it is!!! because they have strategically tied it up with Android 2.0 and Verizon!!!
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 13:06

On 2009-11-25 12:47:17, prototype_bo wrote:

On 2009-11-25 11:30:48, doministry wrote:

i'm not defending the guy, but he was amongst the first people who believed in SE (when the joint venture emerged).
he loves the manufacturer, you can tell that from a previous post titles (letter to the new CEO of SE) where he's exactly pinpointing the things that needs to be changed.

i mean, they got to get their stuff together. my cousin was depressed for returning the Satio (black) to the retailer, after turning into a brick!!! black friday & christmass shopping spree could have been way better.

look at motorolla. scratching their heads to make the droid a success. and it is!!! because they have strategically tied it up with Android 2.0 and Verizon!!!

Remember he stay at Russia....sorry to me, whenever he covers report about selling price. It is good we ignore what he says since its referring to Russia market.

Asia/ America/ West Europe and many other country have different pricing trend/ policy etc.

He can praise Samsung as if Samsung or Nokia is made by the almighty but the fact is...Samsung is not a popular brand at Malaysia. I see more Nokia/ SE or even Motorola user more than Samsung. But the situation turn around if you are at USA where Samsung and LG is everywhere.

so just ignore that part of his story.

his comment on SE poor implementation is obvious with all the cancelled phone....from 2008 till 2009....i think u all remember how many code name we heard that never made it to the market....with Alicia being the most unique project since it ends up in "Quantum of Solace" but never make it to the market. That is very bad product management
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-25 18:36
@se_dude
Eldar has mentioned it on his blog.
Its been the same with SE in recent times. I remember posting about the dismal sales of the X1 on useb/se-nse a while back. Am not supporting eldar..heck he is overtly critical at times, nor does my loyalty lie elsewhere, which is evident from my blog . Rather all am saying is that things can be better for SE if they start pricing their products right. I love their phones and will always be a loyalist. However I can't say that all consumers have the same sense of brand loyalty.
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 18:42
Eldar has mentioned it on his blog.

Oh, sorry, i really couldnt stop myself. Eldar,
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-25 19:01
Ah, in that case I don't believe a **** of it
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-25 21:12
haha! Anyway, have fun guys!
[ This Message was edited by: Karun on 2009-11-26 07:24 ]
Sony Mobile Evangelist
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-11-26 01:40
No offense Karun, I've provided you links to show that this claimed pricing for the W595 is wrong. Another person has stated that it's the same in Philippines. Is there any reason then for you to believe Eldar anymore?

Moreover; sitting pretty in moscow and always using rubles in his reviews to state prices; what the duck does he know about pricing strategies in "Some asian countries"? There are enough of us here from "Various asian countries" that can give first hand pricing info on any phone model.
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-26 06:23
No offense taken my friend.

My point was on the basis of the pricing in the subcontinent - India, sri lanka etc..I checked up in india and now I have the feeling we are being shortchanged here. The w595 is just slightly cheaper.

However Its the case with only mid-end devices. the high end devices are cheaper than Europe..I checked up with Michell.
[ This Message was edited by: Karun on 2009-11-26 07:24 ]
Sony Mobile Evangelist
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-26 07:09
yea, the mid end devices are priced pretty high here. If only SE releases a few phones without the fastort from now on, sales will zoom up.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-11-27 11:37
Thanks for visiting this thread over the last year everyone. It has been a great success, but now it's time for se_love to take the reigns. You can catch up with him over at SE-Portfolio 2010.

Masseur, lock 'er up!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 477478479
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic