Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-09-06 00:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-09-05 10:54:40, Ricky D wrote:
£605 for X2..

January release!

No sir, SE themselves say it is a Q4 release (see here). And I believe it was rumoured to be out in October. So if we can't trust the release date, why would we trust the price?
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-09-06 20:13
will be under pressure to release Rachael, HTC will bring their high end Android soon. Its the Touch HD successor on Android so it has a massive screen and its pretty amazing with the Sense UI. The sooner Rachael is out, the better because its similar to the HTC but it will come later which could be too late. Spec wise the HTC is fantastic and the UI is very nice indeed. I have a sneaky suspicion that Rachael will make a surprise appearance sooner rather than later. It was leaked with Kiki which is out of the bag now. Maybe some live pics after the HTC announcement?

Tegra powered HTC to come this year, I won't say on which device but, wow. Hope it does well and look at it, as far as I have seen it is lightning fast. Some people seen disappointed with the X2 processor but in reality, its quick and a massive improvement on the X1. Its a very solid piece of kit and will do well in its market. I personally don't like the panels but there is scope for some serious customisation which people will explore. For 2010, trends will start shifting so more capacitive screens for Android, WinMo and Symbian, thats from all companies.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-06 20:38

On 2009-09-06 20:13:09, badassmam wrote:
Some people seen disappointed with the X2 processor but in reality, its quick and a massive improvement on the X1. Its a very solid piece of kit and will do well in its market. I personally don't like the panels but there is scope for some serious customisation which people will explore. For 2010, trends will start shifting so more capacitive screens for Android, WinMo and Symbian, thats from all companies.

Okay thanks for this good info.
a w a r e
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-06 22:17
I hope they will have rachael out on the market this year, but I don't think so. Still a great phone IMO
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-06 22:44
Rachael this year to compete against the touch HD2 (android king ???) sounds sweet and unbelievable (hey doesn't SE make.believe )
the touch Leo is defenitly gonna give back to HTC the prize of winmo king this year again thank's to the snapdragon and 4.3" screen (is it real ???)
If the rachael is really gonna be realise this year It is going to be my third choice change (W995 to SATIO > SATIO to X2> X2 to Rachael )

I SE
PakMan786
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-09-07 01:48
tegra sounds really nice, badassmam, any idea when HTC is going to do their annoucement?
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-09-07 02:12
A lot of people are mixing up specs and names for HTC, I cannot say what but there are Androids and WinMo phones coming soon i.e. on sale this year, some great high end devices. The announcement should be soon anyway, before October when WinMo 6.5 is officially out.

Back on topic, Google have had a lot of feedback from people wanting multi touch on Android. It is part of their plans but not their top priority. A few phones are reported to be getting Android multi touch like from HTC and Motorola so it would be logical for Rachael to get multi touch as well in which case, a capacitive screen for Rachael......?
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-07 02:52

On 2009-09-06 20:13:09, badassmam wrote:
will be under pressure to release Rachael, HTC will bring their high end Android soon. Its the Touch HD successor on Android so it has a massive screen and its pretty amazing with the Sense UI. The sooner Rachael is out, the better because its similar to the HTC but it will come later which could be too late. Spec wise the HTC is fantastic and the UI is very nice indeed. I have a sneaky suspicion that Rachael will make a surprise appearance sooner rather than later. It was leaked with Kiki which is out of the bag now. Maybe some live pics after the HTC announcement?

Tegra powered HTC to come this year, I won't say on which device but, wow. Hope it does well and look at it, as far as I have seen it is lightning fast. Some people seen disappointed with the X2 processor but in reality, its quick and a massive improvement on the X1. Its a very solid piece of kit and will do well in its market. I personally don't like the panels but there is scope for some serious customisation which people will explore. For 2010, trends will start shifting so more capacitive screens for Android, WinMo and Symbian, thats from all companies.

Hmm. Regardless of those of us techie-geeks wanting to see the latest and most powerful cpu - just cause it reaches 1Ghz doesn't mean much without true processing power - very FEW of us or consumers out there will be able to afford a $950US retail priced piece of mobile kit. Think about it. Thats a thousand dollars for what? Ohh HD video recording with quality of the video still hopeless. Also with another $400-900US/mth for voice & data plans for the average North American or 300-500US for the average user in the UK/Europe thats quite a hefty price to pay; ESPECIALLY if after 6mths something better comes around that you want. Not to mention if there are bugs that could plague a device and hinder user experience/joy of using it.

There are 2 main things that should do to really impress their brand on users minds and create sales.
1. Create a passion for the smartphone lineup!
- needs to highlight WHY X2 deserves the price set on the markets. Really show/highlight the benefits of Xperia Support show how much quality experience is backed by your purchase for the lifetime of the 1yr warranty. Remembering the users name when calling from their mobile line. Work with a 3rd party service that uses teh Video calling feature (even over WLAN) to support the user - use a kind of low data remote control to try to fix software issues on the device.
2. Highlight the joys of USING the Xperia X2, then X3, and Satio of course.
- not simple audio pictures. But feature at least 6 types of users from fanatic high end consumer to a true business user (corporate business not a simple SOHO business of 10 employees). How well does video presentations work, printing documents at a meeting outside of your office. Sharing business cards via vcard & wireless to other users of different mobile devices (pull the brand off those devices, although some would be distinctive enough for users to tell). Highlight the reason for the choice of such a device: X2. etc etc.

The X2 is a sweet piece of device, and if the X1 thread is any indication, owners of the X2 will tend to keep it even thought its not 'king of the castle' in the mobile world. Also needs to ship higher quality headphones than those featured on the UK site: those buds look like they came from an Z200 or really low end slider.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-07 04:31

On 2009-09-02 18:09:44, 10123 wrote:
Hmmmm, well i dont know everything about the X2 i will have to see more of the menus to get a full idea, although if your not into taking photos (which im not as i have a camera) i dont see why current X1 owners would be intrested in the X2, the moment the X2 is released expect the people at XDA to allready have extracted all the new features and you will get it all on the X1.

I don't think so.
X1 doesn't support OpenGL ES 1.1. X1 has no motion sensor. X1 may have touch focus, but the accuracy and clarity of zooming will not match the X2. Users of the X1 that have owned it more than 6mths and still loving it will most likely upgrade to the X2 if the didn't already purchase the HTC TP2 - which every generation of this design looks great at frist and 4mths later looks horrible and performs just as bad.
Stereo speakers, flush screen for better finger input & sliding along with a possibly & likely better keyboard ... I think X1 owners will upgrade to the X2.

Something tells me Rachel will not get the X branded name.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-07 13:07

On 2009-09-07 04:31:07, Prom1 wrote:

On 2009-09-02 18:09:44, 10123 wrote:
Hmmmm, well i dont know everything about the X2 i will have to see more of the menus to get a full idea, although if your not into taking photos (which im not as i have a camera) i dont see why current X1 owners would be intrested in the X2, the moment the X2 is released expect the people at XDA to allready have extracted all the new features and you will get it all on the X1.

I don't think so.
X1 doesn't support OpenGL ES 1.1. X1 has no motion sensor. X1 may have touch focus, but the accuracy and clarity of zooming will not match the X2. Users of the X1 that have owned it more than 6mths and still loving it will most likely upgrade to the X2 if the didn't already purchase the HTC TP2 - which every generation of this design looks great at frist and 4mths later looks horrible and performs just as bad.
Stereo speakers, flush screen for better finger input & sliding along with a possibly & likely better keyboard ... I think X1 owners will upgrade to the X2.

Something tells me Rachel will not get the X branded name.

Well I will upgrade.
a w a r e
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-09-07 15:06
I'm actually looking forward to Rachel appearing as WinMo and Symbian have never really excited me.

Watching the Video of the UI again makes it almost irresistible. It does look fantastic. They really should get this out ASAP as it looks like a winner.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-08 07:33
I don't know has this been posted before, I found two videos of Sony Ericsson Kiki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x-tVUHAcAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcrPHTqbr-o

And one link to SE's site - http://www.sonyericsson.com/p[....]d=son_youtube_global_200900903
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2009-09-08 06:36 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2009-09-08 10:59
Eldar has posted a few tweet's about the future Sony Ericsson Smartphone plans

eldarmurtazin: SE denied to support WM in future, X2 possible the last one WM device (one more in development but could be canceled).Sales forecast is bad

http://twitter.com/eldarmurtazin/statuses/3836147699

eldarmurtazin: Next year SE will show 4 android phones, 3-4 S60 phones. I prefer HTC over Android phones, S60 isnt so bad

http://twitter.com/eldarmurtazin/statuses/3836154763

So it would appear that Sony Ericsson are going completely Open Source with their smartphones in the future.
[ This Message was edited by: Platia1 on 2009-09-08 10:00 ]
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-09-08 12:30
Fantastic news. No more WM crap. SE should go full force into Android, even forgeting Symbian untill horrible S60 UI is replaced.
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-08 12:40
As we know, Symbian^2 is comming, so it's not so bad for the S60 phones, they can upgrade to the new OS. However, Android is good choise.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 398399400 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic