Previous  123 ... 383384385 ... 477478479  Next
Author SE-09-Portfolio
dr.W
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 20:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-08-28 17:16:19, my ninja wrote:
thats stupid, xda supported the X1 and have info threads for the X2/X3, theyll support it, at the end of the day its windows for them, and they did a great job last time, i dont know if theyll dedicate a forum to it, but they will support it.

XDA supported the X1 because it was manufactured by HTC.

You really should not call people stupid. There's really no need to be rude that way. Especially when he was not wrong in his assumption.
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 20:41
the claim he made was, i made no personal attack, i merely chose to simplify my statements without the need to write a tremendous explanation b.c its easier to type. im sorry if youre offended at me calling someone elses doubt stupid, ill try to keep that in mind next time.

if the x2 is going to be announced, SE seems to be announcing lines of phones this year as opposed to previous years when they would merely refresh a phone that was on the market for about a year. it is my hope which very well may be "stoopid" that the Vulcan/Rachel will be announced together, now if they are released in the same quarter i cannot say, but at least some official info on the device. i would expect them not to want to eat away at the SATIO/Idou sales, but who knows with SE. I just hope that HTC announces their products soon (if Leo was only an andrOId ...)
timooz
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 21:34
I am starting no argument here , but X2 won't have XDA support. If they decide to make an exception then it would be awesome.

@my ninja, my claim is not stupid by any means , its all over there at the XDA forums
dr.W
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 22:46

On 2009-08-28 20:41:50, my ninja wrote:
the claim he made was, i made no personal attack, i merely chose to simplify my statements without the need to write a tremendous explanation b.c its easier to type. im sorry if youre offended at me calling someone elses doubt stupid, ill try to keep that in mind next time.

if the x2 is going to be announced, SE seems to be announcing lines of phones this year as opposed to previous years when they would merely refresh a phone that was on the market for about a year. it is my hope which very well may be "stoopid" that the Vulcan/Rachel will be announced together, now if they are released in the same quarter i cannot say, but at least some official info on the device. i would expect them not to want to eat away at the SATIO/Idou sales, but who knows with SE. I just hope that HTC announces their products soon (if Leo was only an andrOId ...)

I'm not offended, you didn't say anything to me. I was just trying to interject a little clarity and politeness.

Oh, and by the way, you don't need to patronize me, I don't really care what you think of me as long as you're polite when you say it.

synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-08-29 04:48
I just remembered, the X2 has a resistive screen, right?

If I'm not mistaken, the speclist of WinMo 7 demands a capacitive screen. WHich means the upgrade may be trickier than I thought.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
glownlow
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-08-29 05:51

On 2009-08-29 04:48:38, synn wrote:
I just remembered, the X2 has a resistive screen, right?

If I'm not mistaken, the speclist of WinMo 7 demands a capacitive screen. WHich means the upgrade may be trickier than I thought.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

i do believe you are correct about win7 needing cap screen. but do we kno what's rumored and what's real with the x2 yet?

some are saying it's oled screen. while others aren't sure what it is..? idk.. lets hope cap screen isn't THAT important for win7 to work :/
DEVICE: SEX1A (ATT)
ROM: gtrab's R3.61 BARE wm6.5
RADIO: 1.16
MEM: 16GB
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-08-29 17:28
source: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=4332
-----------------------------------------------------
WM7 Chassis 1 Specification

Core requirements:
Processor: ARM v6+, L2 Cache, VFP, Open GL ES 2.0 graphics HW (QCOM 8k, Nvidia “Tegra” AP15/16* and TI 3430 all meet spec)
Memory: 256MB+ DRAM, 1G+ Flash (at least 512MB fast flash – 5MB/s unbuffered read @4K block size)
Display: WVGA (800×480) or FWVGA (854×480) 3.5” or greater diagonal
Touch: Multi-touch required
Battery: Sufficient to meet Days of Use LTK requirements.
Controls: Start, Back, Send and End are required (soft controls allowed as long as they are always present).

Peripherals:
Camera: 3MP+, flash optional, 2nd camera optional (VGA resolution sufficient)
GPS: aGPS required
Sensors required: Light Sensor, Compass (3 axis, 5 degrees, 100 Hz sample rate), Accelerometer (3 axis, 2mg resolution, 100 Hz sample rate)
USB: High speed required, 20 MB/s transfer rate.
BlueTooth: BT2.1 required, must run MSFT BT stack, CSR BlueCore6 or later recommended.
Wi-Fi: 802.11B/G required, must run MSFT Native Wi-Fi stack, Atheros 6002 or Broadcomm 4325 recommended.
Connectors: Micro USB and 3.5mm Audio required.

Options:
FM tuner: If tuner HW is present it will be detected and supported by the Media application.
Haptics
SD Card (Micro SD recommended)
DPAD, qwerty or 12/20 key keyboards all optional

it says NOTHING of capacitive screens being necessary only mutitouch and with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26cjgzRnkc (stantum's resistive multitouch displays) it would seem that resistive is better than capacitive, its more accurate, AND can sense pressure, as opposed to merely a charge. i would MUCH rather have a stantum resistive screen than the iphones which is woefully inaccurate for my hands, cuz they arent soft which apparently helps in my non scientific testing, ive actually had to work in my day so the skin is thick and tough, doesnt work well with capacitive screens (incl. g1)
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-29 17:48

On 2009-08-28 12:15:43, Dups! wrote:
@c96sthl

So true on os optimization! It would be futile to have all the bells and whistles and have poor implementation of the os.

You'll find quirks like a sluggish phone and terrible rendering of images for example. So, for me, optimization takes precedence.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2009-08-28 11:17 ]

what i hope for is just about having mobile device work like a pc or laptop but i doubt this is preferred....anyway you never know...there's some finnish startup i think called avax trying to implement Atom chip for their phone.

one day it could just be the industry is having hardware maker and then a group of os maker just like we have in computer industry.
glownlow
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-08-29 20:42

On 2009-08-29 17:28:01, my ninja wrote:
source: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=4332
WM7 Chassis 1 Specification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26cjgzRnkc (stantum's resistive multitouch displays)

very informative thanks!

looks like a really nice display. slap a omap3 or snapdragon under it and i'm sold.. keyboard or not
DEVICE: SEX1A (ATT)
ROM: gtrab's R3.61 BARE wm6.5
RADIO: 1.16
MEM: 16GB
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-29 21:01
SE HAVE to contract with these smart guys

with this even the Satio or any resistive screen smartphone can multitouch with a better software than the one putted on by SE (maybe symbian^2 could allow this )
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-30 00:31
All of your prayers have been answered! Google search for: 'Sunno S880' and behold the awesomeness. Slap the logo on it and nobody will suspect it. On a serious note, its a fantastic idea so maybe a more established manufacturer should nick the idea. WinMo during office hours and then Android in your own time, that is fantastic.
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-30 01:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv3X5y-ajtc&feature=related
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-08-30 01:48
you have to wonder with multitouch solutions so prolific are OEM's going to outsource and utilize a technology such as this? you have to wonder about OEM's esp SE that make phones for markets other than latin based alphabets, this supports stylus inputs and multitouch in a way and technology that is already widely implemented.

it sickens me when ppl say if its not capacitive im not getting it, well if its stantum resistive then your selling yourself short. i guess ppl just dont know, or have the time to inform themselves on tech, thats been licensed since last year, and not whats popular now. i however would like a glass screen, but at the loss of glass to have a more accurate touchscreen im all for more accuracy!

has anyone here been invited to the X2 announcement?
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-08-30 17:24

On 2009-08-30 00:31:12, badassmam wrote:
All of your prayers have been answered! Google search for: 'Sunno S880' and behold the awesomeness. Slap the logo on it and nobody will suspect it. On a serious note, its a fantastic idea so maybe a more established manufacturer should nick the idea. WinMo during office hours and then Android in your own time, that is fantastic.

http://www.slashgear.com/sunn[....]mo-borrows-idou-style-2854276/
You know people. On the inside. Convince them please to get this off then copy it then take it back.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-30 18:27
licensing two operating systems for one product sound expensive to me
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 383384385 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic