Author SE-09-Portfolio
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 03:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
S60 5th ed.?

Any chance of uiq 3.x?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 03:57
I hope we can see one more Android and WM 6.5 phone catering mid-end markets. with UI identical to rachael. with 3mp camera, and QVGA screen. that would be a best seller!
10 years at Esato
glownlow
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 04:32
we should talk to this guy

Johan Brodin’s Experience
Senior Manager R&D
Sony Ericsson
(Public Company; ERICY; Telecommunications industry)

March 2009 — Present (6 months)

Building up the Android organization in Lund and member of the Android SW management team

mayb he can answer some questions about rachael for us!
DEVICE: SEX1A (ATT)
ROM: gtrab's R3.61 BARE wm6.5
RADIO: 1.16
MEM: 16GB
glownlow
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 04:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Trasatto’s Experience
Head of R&D Services USA
Sony Ericsson
(Public Company; ERICY; Telecommunications industry)

January 2008 — Present (1 year 8 months)

Regional manager of global team responsible for providing tool and process support to software, mechanical and electrical engineering R&D teams. Tools supported include Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest, Mentor Graphics Design Capture and Expedition, and Unigraphics NX. Manage regional EDA library team.

Head of IS North America
Sony Ericsson
(Public Company; Telecommunications industry)

March 2007 — December 2007 (10 months)

Responsible for application development and support for RTP originated applications as well as shared support for certain global applications. Local focal point for managing RTP team involvement and support of new global application release and support plans. Manage the group responsible for providing both mechanical and electrical engineering support to R&D. Manage staff of 14 and $8M budget.

EDA Manager
Sony Ericsson
(Public Company; Telecommunications industry)

December 1999 — March 2007 (7 years 4 months)

Manage the support of EDA tools, libraries, mechanical CAD, and training sitewide. Develop, maintain and enhance the board level design process used by engineers and designers. Implement software tools and processes to reduce product development cycles. Define CAD and library strategy and tactics. Create software test and rollout plans. Develop web publications for online custom application support. Represent site in global CAD meetings. Analyze and manage software assets to achieve cost savings and maximum ROI. Supervise staff of up to six. Responsibility for $4M budget.

CAD Engineer
Sony Ericsson
(Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; Telecommunications industry)

January 1996 — December 1999 (4 years)

Design high density hand-held mixed technology telecom terminals for high volume applications. Investigate new packaging technologies for use in products. Develop, document and implement new design practices to help reduce design cycle time.

although this guy has more experience.. mayb we can really get him to open up to us... all the secrets he must have.. not to mention the multi million dollar budgets he gets to be in charge of
DEVICE: SEX1A (ATT)
ROM: gtrab's R3.61 BARE wm6.5
RADIO: 1.16
MEM: 16GB
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-10 07:45
Oli,

not to be a pain ... but how come the latest updates read thus far in this thread is not updated on the homepage in a while?? Or is it just me not been around for a while?

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 11:54
Nothing of value has been added to the thread in quite some time. When something pops up, I'll add it in. I could add in that we have a new codename with Jalou I guess, but that's a pretty minor thing. But in the last few weeks there has been absolutely nothing.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
mazi
G900 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-10 12:03

On 2009-08-10 03:01:57, tranced wrote:
S60 5th ed.?

Any chance of uiq 3.x?

UIQ is dead forever....
[ This Message was edited by: mazi on 2009-08-10 11:04 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 12:25

On 2009-08-10 12:03:48, mazi wrote:

On 2009-08-10 03:01:57, tranced wrote:
S60 5th ed.?

Any chance of uiq 3.x?

UIQ is dead forever....
[ This Message was edited by: mazi on 2009-08-10 11:04 ]

Trust me, he knows that.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-10 13:01

On 2009-08-10 03:57:45, razec wrote:
I hope we can see one more Android and WM 6.5 phone catering mid-end markets. with UI identical to rachael. with 3mp camera, and QVGA screen. that would be a best seller!

Well, we don't know much about this UI, besides some homescreens visualization.
a w a r e
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 23:00
I have confirmation of a Symbian touchscreen phone. It is weaker than Satio, maybe a 5MP camera since 8MP is more towards high-end. I think it will go head to head with the 5800 successor which I guess will have a similar spec. The 5800 successor can be seen in a Nokia video, its sleeker than the 5800 with a better camera. The UI has also been improved and maybe there will be a new Nokia service as well.

I would hope this phone is a Walkman but who knows. I don't know its form factor. If Aino were full touch, there would be no need for this phone. Either way, its out there being prepared but it will be released after the Nokia.

Nokia will be releasing a number of new models soon, a lot will have touchscreens. There is a mini N97, 5800 successor and lighter version but more interestingly, their 12MP phone and the 'qwertyless N97'.

HTC have two big screen bad boys. One is for multimedia, it has a kickstand and TV features. One should have a 1Ghz processor and 8MP camera, we may see multi touch as well but I would imagine that it would be for WinMo7. Microsoft want to make the UI like their Surface UI. On Windows 7, it is very cool so they want this on mobile devices as well. I believe that this will be the main selling point of WinMo7 but i'm not entirely sure. Anyhow, the HTC hardware should allow for this, possibly the new TouchFLO will be multi touch?
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-08-11 00:12
@badassmam i know that you usually get your ears on some information, and youve let it be known that some of HTCs future offerings this year will outclass SE's but i do have a question regarding Rachael in so much as the phone actually coming out in a timely manner to compete with nokia and htc? id rather not wait for a phone that will be obsolete, it looks to be amazing as far as using android (2.0?) but i also hear that the win7 min spec sheet is something to behold.

the only problem i can see with HTC devices is their size ... Rachael is so sexy its hard to pass up.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-11 01:05
@ My Ninja

I do not have a clue to when Rachael is to come out, earlier in the year said that their Android phones would come in 2010 if I remember correctly. The lovely UI video that you saw was a rendering so it was not from the mobile hardware. Android is nice to work with say developers but, with the HTC Hero you can see some lag with their Sense UI. This is why its too hard to say when it will be released because if you look at the latest Satio videos, the UI is very smooth so you can say that the phone is ready but it really depends on the schedule. The worst thing that they could do is release a slow buggy phone like the G900.

The main competitors will be out before Rachael for sure but the UI is very distinctive. I don't think that Rachael will be the most powerful out of its rivals but the UI will set it apart and hopefully, the hardware should not be such a big deal if the UI is done well because Android is quite light. I would say that it will be the best Android experience, the specs will be impressive because it is strictly high-end.

I have never been allowed to see Rachael in the flesh but everything looks better live like Vulcan for example. HTC phones are big in a good way and they do look good. I personally love the iPhone and Android as well but I need a phone with Windows functionality. It looks more likely that we will get a nice UI on WinMo before we get a seriously smart iPhone. Android is in between but WinMo is very powerful.
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-11 01:57

On 2009-08-11 01:05:51, badassmam wrote:
@ My Ninja

I do not have a clue to when Rachael is to come out, earlier in the year said that their Android phones would come in 2010 if I remember correctly. The lovely UI video that you saw was a rendering so it was not from the mobile hardware. Android is nice to work with say developers but, with the HTC Hero you can see some lag with their Sense UI. This is why its too hard to say when it will be released because if you look at the latest Satio videos, the UI is very smooth so you can say that the phone is ready but it really depends on the schedule. The worst thing that they could do is release a slow buggy phone like the G900.

The main competitors will be out before Rachael for sure but the UI is very distinctive. I don't think that Rachael will be the most powerful out of its rivals but the UI will set it apart and hopefully, the hardware should not be such a big deal if the UI is done well because Android is quite light. I would say that it will be the best Android experience, the specs will be impressive because it is strictly high-end.

I have never been allowed to see Rachael in the flesh but everything looks better live like Vulcan for example. HTC phones are big in a good way and they do look good. I personally love the iPhone and Android as well but I need a phone with Windows functionality. It looks more likely that we will get a nice UI on WinMo before we get a seriously smart iPhone. Android is in between but WinMo is very powerful.

So it's useless to wait for both X2/vulcan and X3/rachael before 2010 ?
Too bad I do like Satio and excepting some from the "Jalou" but I also do like having choice too that's the reson why SE is dieing because everybody can get their UI on the internet by hakers sites and specs doesn't match others one (still waiting for an oled high internal memory expandable SE phones since the W960 and the Ketai phone from 2007 !!! (without mentioning bravia) )
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-11 05:25

On 2009-08-10 11:54:10, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
Nothing of value has been added to the thread in quite some time. When something pops up, I'll add it in. I could add in that we have a new codename with Jalou I guess, but that's a pretty minor thing. But in the last few weeks there has been absolutely nothing.

Thank you Oli for the quick response, you're doing awesome. I was worried that I may have missed something important.

Cheers.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-08-11 08:15
I wish vulcan can have this kind of UI. it beats the crap out of their Xperia panels concept imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMgqB5NARtQ&feature=related
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 365366367 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic