Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 358359360 ... 477478479  Next
Author SE-09-Portfolio
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-07-31 01:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think SE doesn't currently have the readiness to see a new, innovative product put out by another manufacturer, and say "right, we're doing that and improving on it, and fast."

They seem too eager to let the other manufacturers run the game and then follow up later. They need to be watching the likes of Samsung and LG (who without a doubt are the big innovators at the moment), and trying to beat them to new technology. If they can't do that they need to start hurrying to at least stay with Samsung and LG.

SE is slow. We all know that. And they need to get their collective arses into gear.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-07-31 01:20
I don't believe SE has the resources to churn out device after device, not as quickly as the Koreans do, so what they DO produce simply has to be at least, a better experience, if not boasting the best spec sheet. The simply can't compete with Samsung, they have to give a new or better experience.

This message was posted from a WAP device
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-07-31 06:45

On 2009-07-31 01:20:10, goldenface wrote:
I don't believe SE has the resources to churn out device after device, not as quickly as the Koreans do, so what they DO produce simply has to be at least, a better experience, if not boasting the best spec sheet. The simply can't compete with Samsung, they have to give a new or better experience.

Like what Apple did with iPhone, no wonder that despite having a dated hardware its selling like hotcakes all over the world. I think this is what SE is going to do with Satio, Rachael and Vulcan. the idea of putting the latest and fastest hardware and offering a unique and better-than-anything-but-apple UI is their heavy weapon. I think these three phones are SE's flagship in their respective platforms and will be warmingly welcomed by its target users once released. Samsung and LG will lead the hardware but SE and Apple will lead the UI experience. Nokia? i don't know.
10 years at Esato
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-31 15:08
the reason why i still have faith in se is rachael and kiki
saito aino and yari are luckwarm handsets - the masses won't care about these in Q4 (the only way would be to price them aggressively and bundle them with providers) ... anyway

rachaels UI shows that they try to make a unified touchscreen interface
the costumer shouldn't worry weather they have an android, winmob or symbian device. if a costumer looks at the interface he/she should say - "hey its a sony ericsson and its fun to use".
having a cooperate identity across the portfolio is getting more and more important - and this shouldn't stop at the exterior design. the problem is that all manufactures mainly use the same hardware/software suppliers, so spinning your own cooperate identity around this package is the only way to shine in the mass.

secondly you have kiki
i don't want to call it a revolution in the dumb-phone(gizmodo) market, since we don't know anything about it
but its radical different and makes your head turn
this is what you need these days - creative solutions
jockep
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 15:05
Aino and Satio seems to be delayed

Satio™ - 12 oct 09
Aino™ - 5 oct 09

Yari and Naite still say 28 sep 09
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 16:49
There are no delays!
is on time.
The calendar is running faster than , but there are no delays.
Keep it positive :]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 16:57
Amen to that! Can we look forward to an announcement this month then? :)

badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 18:40
I have to agree with Muhammad-Oli. I have been playing with LG and Samsung phones and am loving them. The new Chocolate is fantastic, you can use the long screen as two i.e. to split for two different tasks. The Omnia phones as well are very nice and give us a number of options. The X2 is the only WinMo 6.5 phone, a cheaper one without the keypad would sell very well, these are in demand. Samsung are currently top for camera and and I see them getting stronger.

I'm currently using the G900 until WinMo 6.5 comes but then it looks like i'll be jumping ship. I saw some of the high end stuff from HTC and even compared to Rachael and Vulcan, they will be better. Vulcan is excellent but since I don't need a keyboard, why not go for a HTC or a cheaper Samsung? Options are important, give us none. No Walkman with a touchscreen while we had three iPhones already and Satio doesn't count. A dedicated Walkman with 3.5mm is nowhere to be seen.

Sorry to rant but there are some totally obvious phones that should make and even Nokia coming late with the 5800 are making progress. Samsung have been dishing out touchscreen phones and have come up with a winning formula, as have HTC. If think that Satio, Vulcan and Rachael will storm the market they are wrong. Satio won't be the first 12MP phone out, the other two will come after their competitors. The competition is very good and as a consumer i'll have a huge choice but not from unfortunately.

No news to report. There should be a C905 successor somewhere, Satio gaming stuff is a big thing at the moment. Its supposed to have excellent graphics and the games are supposedly more advanced, not sure how much fun you could have without buttons though. Nokia releasing loads of new stuff soon, their 12MP phone is sensational. HTC will dominate smartphones, they are going toe to toe with iPhone with their UI on their powerful WinMo devices.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 18:53
SE have given themselves enough room with this phone. Q4 was what was announced and it will be Q4 by the looks of things.

The sad thing is they don't have the luxury of 'long off' releases in their current bad financial state.

No need to release hundreds of phones but bring those that are announced sooner. The good is that it will likely be stable.

It looks very good on the latest video doing the rounds. Pity it is S60 and nothing like QWERTY P1- the only type of smartphone from SE that I want and still hope for!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 19:11
Very sad though but I have to agreed with badassmam.

AFAIK, Only one toy left for this year.

I looking forward to next 2010, outrageous project, look like cool but still tradition.

time will tell ya, do not expect so high guys.

what I dreamed for next year, I love to see w890 legacy alunimum case with good 5 mpx cam and TORCH function very important to me.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 19:12
need to announce these phones asap, the current lineup is no where near good enough, the satio isn't going to be a big seller because of the price, the aino will fail because of the "limeted touch", the yari is a average mid range product which may do well if marketed well enough and the price is right. There is nothing out that can compete againts the LG Cookie and Tocco Lite, currentley these phones cost £100 and the W395 costs the same! Touch screen is all the rage and appear to believe that these high end phones are all that are needed, but not eveyone can afford high end and seen a PAYG is becoming a better option need to be more competitve in the PAYG sector.
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 19:33
Unfortunately I am having a bit too much fun with non SE phones. Over here I found this shop with a trade and go thing where you can trade your phone for the same brand and get a phone for roughly that price or get credit for the phone to buy a new one and I gave up my W995 for the Beat DJ from Samsung. While i found it gimmicky at my test use before it came out, its excellent now. But that is not the matter. I am getting a bit too fussy for phones and SE let me down with 2 products so far. Lets see if Yari can change it for me. XD
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 20:04

On 2009-08-01 19:11:48, HxH wrote:
AFAIK, Only one toy left for this year.

so the X2 is going to be the last phone this year ?
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 20:06
Well my Uncle who works at SONY(not SE) says that a lot is being said about SE in Sony nowadays. The guys are looking at SE with more vigour than they used to. Sony and SE are supposedly combining forces to develop android and it is going smooth. 2010 will see a lot of Android devices with a new UI. He had no idea of the specs, but according to him, SE wont be releasing many non-touch high ends from now on. It will be touch. So we can forget about of a "C905-successor" for now.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-02 16:05

It looks very good on the latest video doing the rounds. Pity it is S60 and nothing like QWERTY P1- the only type of smartphone from SE that I want and still hope for!

This is my regret too!
I miss the portrait smartphone, the only one nowdays is
PalmPre.

Would be so great to see the comeback of P990 like or even P1 style,
with rocker keys....

Unfortunately all dominated by side-out design which has one advantage - bigger keyboard.

Luckily at least X1 (and X2) rumour have all necessary hardware controls.
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 358359360 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic