Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-09-Portfolio

Previous  123 ... 317318319 ... 477478479  Next
Author SE-09-Portfolio
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2009-06-27 23:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What HTC is doing to the Hero should be illegal for being so ******* awesome. Just wish they put that software and enhancements to the hardware to something without such a huge looking chin, like the Magic.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-28 03:19
ok.. though the HTC Hero is great and all, enough w/ HTC this, HTC that and SE should be like HTC, Samsung, or LG.

This is an SE rumors thread! Let's talk about SE rumors only and if there are none, well, then this thread just doesn't get updated til there is. It's kind of pointless to fill this thread with info about other manufacturers.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
mreman4k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-28 09:12
Back to rumours.

PSP Phone??

Looks to be a Sony only project (not Sony Ericsson).

http://gizmodo.com/5303323/ni[....]ing-on-famed-playstation-phone
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2009-06-28 09:23
^If that device was really on the work, then it would probably run the Android OS platform as the Walkman X series will be using the same..
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-28 13:07
the so called psp phone is definitly a good oppertunity for sony to gain some credibility back, but again it totally depends on the final product.
they could pretty easily f** it up. its necessary to realize that positioning such a device as a gaming gadget(or Playstation Phone) solely won't work(see nokias n-gage). it needs to be clear that its not just about gaming - it needs to open the world of sony entertainment(games,music,movies) to really appeal to a broad mass. sony has the content, but they need an easy way to make it availiable. apple currently does what sony could do better, i'm not a fan of android but it would allow sony to build upon a stable software platform, which makes it easier for them to concentrate on the user experience.
oddie k750
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-06-28 13:21
I've heard the question before but not even a hint of an answer- What's up with the cybershot phones?
I read the press release about walkman and cybershot brands focusing on the low/mid end market, but the moment se stops coming out with flagship cybershot phones is the moment I see it as dead.
[ This Message was edited by: oddie k750 on 2009-06-28 12:25 ]
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-28 13:37
@jack00- Are you trying to compare the ps brand to the stupid Ngage brand??
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-06-28 13:43
Surely a proper gaming companies phone would suck as would a phone making companies would. Surely.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-28 15:14

On 2009-06-28 13:37:40, se_dude wrote:
@jack00- Are you trying to compare the ps brand to the stupid Ngage brand??

partly
simply because it shows perfectly that there is hardly a market for a stand alone gaming phone
---

the gaming industry is mainly about producing expensive hardware, sold at a lower price. so each sold hardware is making a loss, simply because companies are expecting each owner to buy a minimum of about 7 games per console. be aware this calculation doesn't include development costs of the actual games.
after all, this only works at a large scale, where high quantities are sold - therefore the first xbox was never profitable for microsoft.
transforming this scenario to the handset market probably kills even a device if it carries the playstation brand. so you need to expand your demography to a large scale
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-29 01:19
I think its crazy but if it works, it would blow everything away. The Nokia Ngage was quite good, Tomb Raider for example was nice and at the time, I was very impressed. Since then, no other games that came out were of that quality. A PSP phone would have to have a very strong game lineup. The standard PSP is a masterpiece, its very powerful and has many excellent games. Don't expect to be drafted in for this one, they are like Newcastle FC in terms of finance and status.

I try to be positive about and then I see what the competition is up to and you see a large gulf. Its not really about quality, its about the consumer. Satio will be a hit but Nokia will update the 5800 and it will outsell Satio, there will be a range of Nokia touchscreens compared to and their portfolio. The Xperia has been around for a year and it only has one phone as part of it, X2 and others will not be out for some time. If there was a watered down, cheaper Satio out now it would eat up the large share taken by the 5800XM, anyone can see that but unfortunately.

HTC have recently announced their Hero phone and want to do something similar with regards to changing the UI to make it distinctive. They have achieved this with Satio and are attempting to do so with WinMo so a modified Android phone will take some time. Everything takes longer with even though their phones are worth waiting for, there are cheaper and good alternatives so the non-fussy consumer won't be waiting on the next big announcement from
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-29 05:47
The Psp phone would probably based on the psp-go and therefore would be able to play many, if not all games that arrive on the psp-go. Downloaded. I would expect Sony to pack the PSP phone with older games so that people who are interested in the PSP have to buy it to enjoy the newer ones released.

@badassman-When is SE oing to launch android?? Now that Donut is released when can we expect it?? Any better announcements this year?? And yes, they shuld come up wth a few cheap touch solutions.
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-06-29 13:27
Well the psphone would be the equilvalent of an iphone in Sony terms. The touch is the pspgo while the phone is the pspphone. Hmm nice idea...
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-07-01 20:05
any news on the aino about full touch support ?? Would buy it if it did
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-07-02 02:18
@10123
I don't think that Aino will get full touch, Eldar says that the type screen will not allow this but I don't know.

@se_dude
I don't think it will be too soon anyway, I would be surprised if it were this year since I have heard nothing of it.

Walkmans are floating about, some mid end models to come soon hopefully, no idea about any high end though. I know of a high end Cybershot which is due, Nokia will give us a 12MP phone before the end of the year. I have been told that it takes stunning pictures and there is something that puts it above its competitors, optical zoom maybe? Anyhow, Carl Zeiss are doing the lens.

Its very tight at with some of their phones so my source tells me that certain phones are around that he cannot say anything about. The X2 leak was fine as people were expecting it, other phones like Satio are totally unexpected hence the lack of info. I'm saying that have more phones that will surprise and there are a number of these which will be announced throughout the year. Nokia and HTC have shown their roadmaps so i've seen a few of their protos already.

On the smartphone side, I have heard that a few companies are using nVidia Tegra and these will come quite soon actually. Its not just HTC, others will be using it in their feature phones. HTC should have it out first and you guys will love it because there is no lag at all for example, on WinMo 6.5 which I saw on test. HTC will be doing a beautiful TF3d to go with this. I will be first in line for this phone. should join in if they are not already part of it. Imagine Walkman player like the ZuneHD interface, others will be doing it so its time to join the bandwagon.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-07-02 05:17
The Nokia phone will run on S60?? And is it going to be launched this year itself??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 317318319 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic