Previous  123 ... 313314315 ... 477478479  Next
Author SE-09-Portfolio
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-06-21 09:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-06-21 01:09:07, badassmam wrote:
My last post stated that WinMo would be 'taking a back seat' to and their 'X-panel' replacement UI. I played with the thing and I guess that WinMo will be driving with contributing with their camera and Walkman player. The panel button didn't work well, it caused crashes and stuff since its a proto but you'll probably be only using WinMo. I was hoping for 3d live panels which constantly update but you don't really need it since WinMo is good right now. The X1 was excellent but the panels sucked and TF3d is so much more responsive and useful. The hardware itself and keyboard are nice but X1's is beautiful even though it is less functional.

I do not have much news, I did see Reese again in black but it was switched off so no idea about the OS. There is a June announcement, it may not have been the case of a postponed announcement for the X2, it could be that are on time and the last event was only to show off Satio and co. As well as the X2, we should see some other new stuff as well. It may not all be high end though. We could see a 8MP Cybershot and also some Walkman phones. Actually, there are a few phones that need replacing in the mid and low end of the portfolio particularly the Walkman side of things. September is the time for the next 'important' announcement anyhow.

you don't seem all that excited about the X2. shud we be concerned?
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-21 13:44

On 2009-06-21 09:44:30, Legen wrote:

On 2009-06-21 01:09:07, badassmam wrote:
My last post stated that WinMo would be 'taking a back seat' to and their 'X-panel' replacement UI. I played with the thing and I guess that WinMo will be driving with contributing with their camera and Walkman player. The panel button didn't work well, it caused crashes and stuff since its a proto but you'll probably be only using WinMo. I was hoping for 3d live panels which constantly update but you don't really need it since WinMo is good right now. The X1 was excellent but the panels sucked and TF3d is so much more responsive and useful. The hardware itself and keyboard are nice but X1's is beautiful even though it is less functional.

I do not have much news, I did see Reese again in black but it was switched off so no idea about the OS. There is a June announcement, it may not have been the case of a postponed announcement for the X2, it could be that are on time and the last event was only to show off Satio and co. As well as the X2, we should see some other new stuff as well. It may not all be high end though. We could see a 8MP Cybershot and also some Walkman phones. Actually, there are a few phones that need replacing in the mid and low end of the portfolio particularly the Walkman side of things. September is the time for the next 'important' announcement anyhow.

you don't seem all that excited about the X2. shud we be concerned?

i think the main problem is that the others are already using the new nvidia chip by the time they release the X2.
on the other hand i wouldn't be too much concerned, because he says the the X2 is more functional then the X1 ... which is a good point
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-21 13:46
If X2 will be announced in June and is not "important" I think the september announcement should show us the Android phone or something
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-21 14:43
I hope that the android X5 will be a fulltouch screen phone with an amazing design on par with the one see on the X1.
I SE
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-21 14:46
@badassmam

Good post, and spot on at that.
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-06-21 14:57

On 2009-06-21 14:46:19, Mizzle wrote:
@badassmam

Good post, and spot on at that.

you've seen/touched it also?
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-21 23:33
The Zune HD is using the nVidia Tegra so go to youtube and check out the video. That is one smooth mofo of a UI and its a sign of things to come with HTC as far as I know. It is smoother than the iPhone and running WinMo with that will be amazing.

Some of you have got me wrong, the X2 is a nice piece of kit with putting a lot of good stuff into it. WinMo 6.5 is a lot better than 6.1 and because of this, X1 to X2 is a significant improvement. The phone is important for as well, HTC will have similar competition but camera and Walkman features give it the edge. HTC will do a replacement for the Touch HD and are going into different things like more Androids, big screens, super big screens etc.

X2 is better than the Touch Pro 2 as far as I am concerned. Its all positive for the X2 except for their 'panels' thing. Keep it simple, fast and responsive like TF3d. Running WinMo is demanding anyway so why slow down the phone massively with such a thing?
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-22 00:03

On 2009-06-21 23:33:36, badassmam wrote:
Its all positive for the X2 except for their 'panels' thing. Keep it simple, fast and responsive like TF3d. Running WinMo is demanding anyway so why slow down the phone massively with such a thing?

is there a chance that they'll work it out till the release ?

i'm really into getting the X2 as my all in one device, but i'm still undecided if a Zune HD(its really impressive what microsoft is up to with this device) and a mid-end handset would suit my lifestyle better ... we will see
[ This Message was edited by: jack00 on 2009-06-21 23:07 ]
rizzamarv
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2009-06-22 02:07

X2 is better than the Touch Pro 2 as far as I am concerned. Its all positive for the X2 except for their 'panels' thing. Keep it simple, fast and responsive like TF3d. Running WinMo is demanding anyway so why slow down the phone massively with such a thing?

I for one enjoy the Panels, of course I am mainly using only one (spb 3.0) but I have to say loving the idea of these extra features like the media panel or even the skype panel. For me it adds value because there is more tweaking and adjusting possible and am not really to bothered about the speed. Sure they could be faster but having several ways of operating the phone (instead of using just one OS) has proven really interesting and kept me excited about my X1 longer than any phone did before.... But thats all probably a matter of taste and requirements. Anyway if the rumoured specs are true the X2 should be a sprinter anyway

Again the question when and where in June?
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 13:50
imagine a sonyericsson with the new android os(HTC Hero announced today) on it. how awesome wuld that be?
[ This Message was edited by: Legen on 2009-06-24 12:53 ]
mreman4k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 15:15

On 2009-06-24 13:50:46, Legen wrote:
imagine a sonyericsson with the new android os(HTC Hero announced today) on it. how awesome wuld that be?
[ This Message was edited by: Legen on 2009-06-24 12:53 ]

The HTC Hero looks good! If it comes to the US with ATT 3G, that may be enough for me to jump ship and try out Android.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 19:01
Android certainly does look impressive on the Hero. Dicky said he wanted SE to stamp its own identity on the UI and offer something different. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 19:06
http://translate.google.com/t[....]ml&sl=ru&tl=en&history_state0=

Ahh well, eldar is back to bashing. I thought there wont be articles on SE any more.

Now analogies between SE and siemens.
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 19:10

On 2009-06-24 19:06:33, se_dude wrote:
http://translate.google.com/t[....]ml&sl=ru&tl=en&history_state0=

Ahh well, eldar is back to bashing. I thought there wont be articles on SE any more.

Now analogies between SE and siemens.

He can go f**k himself for comparing them.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-24 20:14
mobile-review is a huge disappointment for me.

was great in the past, now is just owned by Nokia,
it's apparent.
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313314315 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic