Posted: 2009-06-02 01:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks for the info, badassmam
bodeh6
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 01:57
Reese would make sense for the June announcement as SE has not done anything like Reese before (feature phone with QWERTY).
Visit my blog myse1.blogspot.com
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 02:30
Hmmm this announcement could be interesting...
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 03:11

On 2009-06-01 19:07:01, se_love wrote:

On 2009-06-01 19:00:59, c96sthl wrote:
http://www.microsofttranslato[....]articles/2009/birulki-18.shtml

if you guys are able to read the messy translation.... it seem Eldar think having microSD or putting 3.5mm or listening to some of the demand by user is not good???

errr but i thought i saw some review saying SE is slow in doing so? i don't know say i like to pick on it... i just dislike all this story after the W595 crap produced which jump into conclusion the design will crack like W580 for its numeric keypad.

Just leave it is what I say. He gone off the deep end imo and there is nothing we can do.

Ya I used to hope that I can stop reading the junk... but you can't help resist when you come across it.

anyway I doubt it is totally a choice for SE to dump M2 as well since the leaked PSP Go don't have UMD...I am not surprise Sony is the root cause on this as they have trying to dump all those funny thing they have made for the last few years in order to cut the lost.....M2 is a logic move by sony to kill it as there's no other phone maker using it except SonyEricsson and even those KDDI and Docomo phone at Japan by SE also using microSD.

I wonder will Sony eventually move to SDHC for camera as well....I think it is a way for sony to grab the market too.... as I know many people who love the design of sony or SE product come with one remark... the memory format didn't match with their canon (SD) or nokia (microSD)

opsss off topic.

Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 03:22

On 2009-06-02 03:11:55, c96sthl wrote:
anyway I doubt it is totally a choice for SE to dump M2 as well since the leaked PSP Go don't have UMD...I am not surprise Sony is the root cause on this as they have trying to dump all those funny thing they have made for the last few years in order to cut the lost.....M2 is a logic move by sony to kill it as there's no other phone maker using it except SonyEricsson and even those KDDI and Docomo phone at Japan by SE also using microSD.

I don't believe it is Sony attempting to lose the M2 format, I think this is something to do wih Sony Ericsson, separate from Sony. Does anyone remember about a year ago when there were moves to standardise the memory card formats and chargers in mobile devices? Perhaps this is Sony Ericsson's first move towards that goal.

And the reason I don't think that this has anything to do with Sony? Well as far as I know Sony's PSP Go uses M2 as it's memory card format, so obviously Sony themselves are still pushing it.
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 04:47

On 2009-06-02 03:22:23, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

On 2009-06-02 03:11:55, c96sthl wrote:

I don't believe it is Sony attempting to lose the M2 format, I think this is something to do wih Sony Ericsson, separate from Sony. Does anyone remember about a year ago when there were moves to standardise the memory card formats and chargers in mobile devices? Perhaps this is Sony Ericsson's first move towards that goal.

And the reason I don't think that this has anything to do with Sony? Well as far as I know Sony's PSP Go uses M2 as it's memory card format, so obviously Sony themselves are still pushing it.

You're right. Eldar's senile ramblings aside, a move to have standardized memory card formats and charging devices was initiated by the industry a while ago. Also keep in mind that SE is making a major move towards smartphones and platforms like WinMo 7 list SD as the only Memory format it will support. The smart money is to re-use components in as many places as one can.

SE japan has always used SD.

Also, Sony DSLRs, by virtue of having Minolta heritage ave always supported CFs (Industry standard) and now SD for the beginner models (Again, industry standard). They never had Memory stick as a sole storage device.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 05:47
okie thanks for the correction

but it is in my opinion good for sony to quit some of those format....just like how they eventually give up BETAMAX almost 20yrs ago.

so i won't feel bad now that M2 will be drop....
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 05:49
The really worrying thing is the inclination of manufacturers towards touch. I mean i hardly see any non-touch high end phones nowadays. I think there should be a balance which as of now isnt happening.s there any robability of SE releasing a non-smart 12-mp?? The C905 successor??

Also someone in M-R was telling that SE are preparing a fashion line and would be available by christmas.

domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 08:55
It'll be about some "green phones" (remember the GreenHeart phone concept?)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/g[....]ericsson-announces-greenheart/
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 09:08
@badassmam: I hope that HTC is the firestone, any time frame for the announcement? and SATIO is looking mighty fine with the speed ive seen lately! its a good look.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 10:13

On 2009-06-02 01:25:11, badassmam wrote:
LG to also announce their 12MP phone soon and release it before Satio as well so need to pull their fingers out of each others.........

September announcement as well as a June announcement. If there is nothing too good this week, it has to come in September. No real news of the announcement but Reese could be part of the 'new range' as stated earlier. It was leaked because it should have been announced at that time. Touchscreen Walkman is around, i've been told it is a more compact Satio but i'm not convinced yet. Also, with the W995 out, it may even be branded or 'named' for the Entertainment Unlimited line so where Satio is 12MP, this could be 8MP but with a 3.5mm jack if you catch my drift.

A lot of stuff about A2 and A3 but I think will work on SF in terms of touch. If they were to do an A3 touch as people have been saying, it would be very similar to SF anyway. I think that A2/A3 will be reserved for non-touch only. A few rumbles about a business phone with SF i.e. with Quickoffice and PDF+ etc. which is more suited to nerds. It may not be high-end, it could be like the G900 which was above the 'dumb' phones but below the X1. One big positive is that there is a greater PS3 influence i.e. menu designs.

Meanwhile in a secret location, HTC have put the Nvidia chip in their phone. If you think Satio is fast, HTC are doing ultra fast. I've seen a Touch HD mule doing proper 3d menu demos with transparency effects and stuff. We may see the iPhone UI de-throned....... Nokia will throw out tons of touch phones and the 5800 successor will be nice. These should come in September. I've been trying to get iPhone info. The specs will probobly seem low end. The processor is supposedly quite fast. Its also likely to look very similar to the current iPhone but the screen is said to be stunning. I have been told that they will surprise us with some very nice features, possibly quite innovative but definately super cool.

If these are true, I feel sorry for SE. It seems that 2009 is not their year. I think they have to hurry up Satio's release date and add more few features to it, because it is the only device that I find interesting in their 2009 phone portfolio so far.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 14:14
According to source. Announcement at 13.00 UK time on Thursday 4th June
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 14:15

On 2009-06-02 14:14:12, goldenface wrote:

Eco phones? Good lord please no...
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 14:20

On 2009-06-02 14:15:54, se_love wrote:

On 2009-06-02 14:14:12, goldenface wrote:

Eco phones? Good lord please no...

I think it's pretty cool. And I read somewhere that the C901 is apparently an eco phone (or it will be). I don't know how much truth to that there is though. Greenheart is a nice idea.

I hope that they have their own look to them though, I really liked the redesigned K770i that was the original Greenheart concept. It had style with its circular buttons and white backlighting.

EDIT: Here it is:

[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2009-06-02 13:22 ]
dr.W
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 16:31
So does this mean no new Xperia until September? If that's the case then SE has really put themselves behind the 8-ball again with all the releases due for this summer. If they're soldiering on with only the X1 at the high end then they will have given up another year of smartphone sales. I hope that's not the case.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 288289290 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic