Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-09-Portfolio

Previous  123 ... 224225226 ... 477478479  Next
Author SE-09-Portfolio
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-08 21:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i look forward to the next announcement, which is the end of this month right? Idou should be officially announced with an official model name, correct?

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2009-05-08 21:56
Exactly, on the 28th May and maybe with the new XPERIA.
[ This Message was edited by: murderjon on 2009-05-08 20:58 ]
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-10 17:57
Yeah, looking forward to that day too

Only 18 days
mr tripe
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 00:06

Sony Ericsson CEO Admits Troubles
SE was 'near-anarchy' when he took over in November 2007

there are problems with x1, it was a kind of experience

two new smartphones released by the end of the year with a third in early 2010

PlayStation based mobile phone "could happen"

http://www.trustedreviews.com[....]yStation-Phone---X1-Failure/p1
[ This Message was edited by: mr tripe on 2009-05-11 10:25 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 00:59
Strange that the X1 would fail. The thing that killed it was those very slow panels, otherwise its awesome in every department. Looks like are struggling at the moment but I hear of new and original phones to come. I think that Idou will be a Cyber-Shot so no 3.5mm jack.

If all goes to plan, we shall see a new Xperia this month. I have heard of a Walkman device that has a full touchscreen but some say it is not a Walkman, possibly an Xperia but who knows. I have reason to believe that there is a Walkman based on Idou but not so blatently copy and pasted.
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 03:58

Sony Ericsson CEO Admits Troubles
SE 'near-anarchy'

Isn't that a misquote?

The article says SE WAS in near-anarchy when Komiyama-san took over. Nowhere does it mention that the company is STILL in that way.

Anyhoo, good to see that SE is getting back to being technology leaders.
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 14:46
Tried my best at translating this.

Eldar:

Ericcson is ready to sell its stake to se-
The most logical buyer through this partnership is Sony. I like how the president of SE called the X1 an "experiment". SE require great number of "experiments". More seriously though, the comments that ericsson has made on this tight situation, but is willing to invest money, numbers do not sell there share. The company is still worse than the vision of, for example me.

Q-But what about the Motorola situation? We have nothing. In general, would it be sad is such players such as SE & Motorola just go with the chess board??
A-Motorola models from the end of this year, very much depends on companys future. It is sad that the market is changing so much.

Q-Now are Sony and Ericcson likley to spend the rest of there short life together in small disputes from each other??
A-Ericsson and Sony have accused each other.

Q-But who else is using the platform by sony ericsson? If ericsson goes, to whom can they offer what is now sony ericsson?
A-They can offer there hardware to everyone, nokia, samsung etc. Nobody would be intrested, they did offer to sell it to Nokia, and they refused, about a month ago. Given that Se bases it models on Nokia UI, what is the purpose of buying there own development?
[ This Message was edited by: 10123 on 2009-05-11 13:58 ]
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 15:33

On 2009-05-11 00:59:07, badassmam wrote:
Strange that the X1 would fail. The thing that killed it was those very slow panels, otherwise its awesome in every department. Looks like are struggling at the moment but I hear of new and original phones to come. I think that Idou will be a Cyber-Shot so no 3.5mm jack.

If all goes to plan, we shall see a new Xperia this month. I have heard of a Walkman device that has a full touchscreen but some say it is not a Walkman, possibly an Xperia but who knows. I have reason to believe that there is a Walkman based on Idou but not so blatently copy and pasted.

Idou is NOT a Cyber Shot, SE have already announced it's under Entertainment Unlimited and that it will NOT be called a Walkman OR Cyber Shot. So Idou can easily be both the phones you are describing.
Personally though I don't rule my life about weather a phone has a headphone socket or not, I can 'Shock Horror' happily use an adapter thanks.

@10123: And what the hell does your post have to do with THIS thread exactly? Please use the thread I've posted below for posts like that, we don't need it in the 2009 model line up thread as well:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=185280
[ This Message was edited by: apolloa on 2009-05-11 14:34 ]
breccia
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 18:51
so what we can confirm for 28 of may?
xperia successor and idou?
or they place idou as xperia successor...???
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 20:37
I think on the 28th, if anything happens we will see a new Xperia handset running Windows, this is what I think the Xperia brand stands for is Windows mobile phones, it will be aimed at business users.
The Idou IF it's announced at the end of the month will be under a new brand, SE are clearly aiming it at the consumer, it's no surprise it's Symbian as this is where their experience is in smart phones and of I suspect most of us are happy for a Symbian based SE model is still being offered, especially with the Symbian Foundation OS
As to what brand the Idou will be under? Who knows?
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-05-11 21:28
Idou will satisfy the customers who love touch screens. And it good enough to be a high end. But what a about the devices to have a hard keys big screen like N95, n82,etc i mean with symbian. I'm seriously looking for such design. I would greatly welcome a device with spec like w995 with symbian. I feel that would make the users to end up with a satisfactory device. Is there any possibility to happen such a device from portfolio?
[ This Message was edited by: idumbakumar on 2009-05-12 13:55 ]
sale987
Elm Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-11 22:22
Easy guys with this Idou. This should be very powerfull phone, so its need a time. Please be patient. BTW i think it want get any other name. It will stay idou
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-05-12 12:22

On 2009-05-11 14:46:34, 10123 wrote:
Tried my best at translating this.

Eldar:

Ericcson is ready to sell its stake to se-
The most logical buyer through this partnership is Sony. I like how the president of SE called the X1 an "experiment". SE require great number of "experiments". More seriously though, the comments that ericsson has made on this tight situation, but is willing to invest money, numbers do not sell there share. The company is still worse than the vision of, for example me.

Q-But what about the Motorola situation? We have nothing. In general, would it be sad is such players such as SE & Motorola just go with the chess board??
A-Motorola models from the end of this year, very much depends on companys future. It is sad that the market is changing so much.

Q-Now are Sony and Ericcson likley to spend the rest of there short life together in small disputes from each other??
A-Ericsson and Sony have accused each other.

Q-But who else is using the platform by sony ericsson? If ericsson goes, to whom can they offer what is now sony ericsson?
A-They can offer there hardware to everyone, nokia, samsung etc. Nobody would be intrested, they did offer to sell it to Nokia, and they refused, about a month ago. Given that Se bases it models on Nokia UI, what is the purpose of buying there own development?
[ This Message was edited by: 10123 on 2009-05-11 13:58 ]

So...no one is paying attention to this? Really really sad. It seems my feelings were correct...i loosed interest on SE, because things are really going down...what once was a great company is no more, and will be dead soon.
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-05-12 12:44
^^ I clearly see that ares, I myself am losing interest to SE as well. theres alot of buzz regarding the break off and it's unstoppable. this could only mean one thing. SE is following the trail of UIQ: death besides nothing had really caught my attention except the idou which i pressume will be another failure with its Xperia-like release
10 years at Esato
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-12 14:33
@ares
Well this isn't exactly the thread for that, so no wonder it got none of the deserved attention.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 224225226 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic