Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-09-Portfolio

Previous  123 ... 193194195 ... 477478479  Next
Author SE-09-Portfolio
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-03-27 07:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
T707 look more like a Z750 upgrade to me..... oh well not many using that phone anyway.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2009-03-27 13:24
It looks only better, more not.
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 11:45
I do think the T707 is nice, but if you have a Z750, is it really worth it to upgrade to this phone? Besides the better camera & light effects & gesture control, what really sets this phone apart or makes it a real improvement over its predecessor? And why does have a higher index number than its twin, the W508?
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 13:49
Because the bastards at SE cancelled Alicia(W707) for this most likely cause they both looked the same and all.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 18:06
So will you release W707 to clash W980 almost same time, stupid.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 19:46
No but still they could have delayed it and have it come out mid june before the W995 instead of release this but whatever.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 23:51
Sorry guys but I tried SF against WinMo 6.5 and it seems that WinMo is much better. On the phone side WinMo is very nice and informative while SF is simply colourful but not much else. On the business side of things, WinMo is a lot better but also when using it as a phone.

I am annoyed that the SF is so similar to Nokia's version which is ugly. I think that the UIQ on the G900 with the shortcuts and stuff were better than the current SF. The d-pad as well is something that I did miss.

On the positive side of things, Idou has a camera that is a lot better than the C905 which in itself isn't bad at all. You can honestly do without a digital camera now.

In other news, an Xperia is to be released at the end of the year which is supposedly running Windows. Other Xperias are floating around but I know little about them. One is the successor to the X1, another is likely to be on Android and the other that exists is a total mystery. HTC is making an ultra phone with the nVidia chip so expect flashy effects and proper multi-tasking.

Personally, I am looking forward to the next Xperia because will always have better music and camera than any HTC device but I think that using the nVidia chip could make my jaw drop but battery life could suck like Omnia HD and LG Arena.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-29 03:51
interesting information badassman. but thanks for it. not much info has been going around lately.

I would really like to see the idou in real time performance and tasks. I never thought i'd actually consider winmo.. perhaps i will turn to Palm's webOS after all.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-29 05:51
@badassman-Your inputs are highly appreciated in these times of "info recession ". Is Se planning for a featured version of the IDOu?? Shall we see a non-smartphone touchscreen coming from SE in the near future?? or are they going to keep their focus on developing more smartphones from now on..
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2009-03-29 09:00
quite ok with IDOU running system even though I never like Symbian before.

camera right now with decent performance but I hope it will be better a lot.

I really concern about battery life, it need improvement this section IMO.

I also think UI will be better than the using on current one. always cool in UI section.

finger-friendly than 5800 XM for sure 5555

at this early stage prototype quite acceptable for IDOU in IMO.

I heard next X will get QWERTY too, can you confirm it Badassman?

about non-smart touchscreen I heard something new too, S _ _ _ _ _ _ _
my insider so kind with with me. only told me with thing like this.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-03-29 22:05
I have been assured that there will be a qwerty Xperia, personally I think this will be running WinMo but I can't say if it will be the next Xperia but expect this one around November.

I have also heard about a non-smart touchscreen phone but that means a new UI developed by themselves possibly like A2. It sounds interesting but the entire company is being very slow about everything, I don't think we will see Idou released for some time yet and by then LG and Samsung will have their 12MP phones out as usual.

This Entertainment Unlimited brand is also confusing me. Idou has no 3.5mm jack whereas the W995 does. If you ask me, I think the Walkman is more of an Entertainment Unlimited device and it certainly does excel in all aspects. If the price is right, the W995 will storm the market.

Idou is like a concept phone so there should be changes i.e. the back excluding the lens cover is a really cheap looking plastic and also very plain. I was a bit stumped because the first software I saw many months back was like that of the G900 but now its like the 5800 XM. UIQ should have been the base to be honest. I expect more changes but messaging is really poor for example. You cannot type quickly on SF because Idou isn't multi-touch. WinMo handwriting is better than SF as well.

There is a lack of info because now is a lot more critical with what they release so many phones like Alicia are cancelled. They don't want info about cancelled phones leaked because everyone will whine about lost features and design and rightly so because Alicia is better than the new T707 thing.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-29 22:24
badassman... thanks for all your information even though it gives me a sense of disappointment.

From what i've seen, Idou seems like a great phone. But I would like to see it in its final form with a real usage video using more than just the media player.

Is idou even considered a smart phone? Though it is SF, it doesn't seem like it is capable of anything more than a feature phone.. at least not at this point.

too shame that the messaging is not good. could be a real problem for me and unfortunately, i probably won't be able to try it out before i consider buying it. I'll ahve to rely on online opinions and videos... *sigh*.

Well, with my financial situation, i doubt i'll be able to afford idou when it comes out.. so i'll most likely get one of the xperia successors...
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
NoTnERb
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-30 02:57
Will we see anything new in CTIA?Will SE announce anything new?
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2009-03-30 03:01
I saw a news article yesterday online saying they wont be announcing anything at CTIA.
Would a touchscreen feature phone be a successor to the G900?
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-03-30 04:21

On 2009-03-28 18:06:40, HxH wrote:
So will you release W707 to clash W980 almost same time, stupid.

w707 is not clashing with W980.... W980 is too high end. w707 is smack in between W980 and W5?? ahhh i can't remember all the code...the T707 version in walkman.

but then W707 as we have seen all the leaked stuff have a big navigation key with lcd...oh ya...it was showed in Quantum of Solace how it works.... it does look similar to all these phone.

anyway we have to get over with the cancellation but hope they can bring another phone with tht funky design...a keypad with display underneath.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 193194195 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic