Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > XploreME v4.xx - (J2me) - audio player, video, text viewer - everything )

Author XploreME v4.xx - (J2me) - audio player, video, text viewer - everything )
SonyShorts
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 18:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Guys I searched Esato and could not find a post on one of my fav apps called XploreME, here goes....

XploreME - PowerTools for your mobile (J2me)

latest version - 4.1 , Author - ThaPhoeniX , Developer - ThaPhoeniX

Originally developed for Motorola handsets. XploreME has since transcened into support for other handsets too....

XploreME! is a midlet program for Java enabled phones designed to provide tools that will enhance the mobile experience. XploreME! contains tools like file browser and manager, picture viewer, advanced media player (video/audio), text reader, audio recorder, stopper, alarm/sleep clock, RSS reader, score table manager, virtual dice.

Requirements:
· Java MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1

Choose Sony Ericsson for users on this forum
http://i38.tinypic.com/2jbjhnb.jpg

Audio music player

Audio files (still only supported by the phone itself) can be browsed and played in the music player. The music player has the standard features of play, pause, stop, next/frwd, back/rwd, shuffle, repeat modes (single track and playlist) and the in built java volume. There is the jump track feature also. Album art is readable from the folder in which the music is in (folder.jpg or folder.xmef). There is no id3 tag viewer, visulisation or equalizer however these features have been suggested and considered for future versions. The player supports user created skins. The skins have to match the screen display of the phone i.e. 240x320, 176x220. Created skins are more phone 'universal' since the images for the layout smaller thus giving virtually no skin reading errors on other handsets like Nokia, Motorola etc

the player can be locked by holding the # key and unlocked by double tappin g that same key also

Possiblity to access the help menu for player by pressing ' C ' button on Sony Ericsson. The help menu shows the key map to the playback controls

Games

Text Viewer
The 'viewer' in the file manager can be used to view anything in text format with scrolling and zooming. Non text editting but for viewing text type files only (open with viewer). The viewer is said to be updated in the a future release with support for changing the text and background colour along support for other features as proclaimed by the developer

Zooming is by the music player's volume buttons @ 7 & #

Sleeper
the sleeper displays the current time (24hr format) with seconds and full date display (m d yyyy). there is an alarm function also.

File Manager

toggle landscape view in file manager (press 9 on Sony Ericsson)

RSS feeds

Choosing the source to view files whether for video, audio or file manager

Options and Preferences

the phone platform selector also appears on first run after install

DOWNLOAD - 240x320
http://rapidshare.com/files/1[....]XploreME_v4.1_320x240.zip.html

sorry there has been no release of a 176x220 or 128x160 screen size for 4.1 but there were in those sizes for 4.0. The developer is currently busy with other matters and promises to get back to developing XploreME soon.

[ This Message was edited by: SonyShorts on 2008-10-16 17:17 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 18:30
looks nice that app. too bad it doesnt work with my p990. it runs the app but i cant get it working.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
jigonx
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 20:02
Nice application. works well on K850. but it can't show photos/picture with >3Mpx size..
SonyShorts
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 20:36

On 2008-10-16 20:02:42, jigonx wrote:
Nice application. works well on K850. but it can't show photos/picture with >3Mpx size..

All java image viewer apps are like that with larger scale pics
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-17 16:49
has potential, but I prefer KD Player for audio (more features, better ergonomics), readmaniac for text file viewer (readmaniac is a full bookreader) and mini commander for file management, so Xplore doesn't appeal to me that much.

Also, when you can multi-task java apps, why have one app that does everything but onlyk one thing at a time? It's better to have a java app for each function so you can multi-task betgween them.
ajeetpv
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 19:21
I like the winamp media player skin.
groovepeppy
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 22:46
I just deleted it minutes ago, don't fancy them enough...
Black Sensation Z710e - Black Apollo 9360
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-18 11:22
Great idea, but when you "lock" it you don't really lock it do you, if you press one of the buttons ie. power, or any it will knock it off cos its java
SonyShorts
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2008-10-18 22:25

On 2008-10-18 11:22:05, lukechris wrote:
Great idea, but when you "lock" it you don't really lock it do you, if you press one of the buttons ie. power, or any it will knock it off cos its java

Yes correct because it is Java.

@ max_wedge - thanks dude for letting me know about ReadManiac
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-10-19 04:48

On 2008-10-17 22:46:58, groovepeppy wrote:
so? you can do whatever you want

doesnt this work with 176x220 phones?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
SonyShorts
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2008-11-15 23:45

On 2008-10-19 04:48:56, tranced wrote:

On 2008-10-17 22:46:58, groovepeppy wrote:
so? you can do whatever you want

doesnt this work with 176x220 phones?

Yes it should work fine with 176x220 and other resolutions but on the media player you have to use 'skins' that match your same display (e.g. 176x220 skins for 176x220 fone)

hope this helps

===============================

XploreME! v4.2 is out!
featuring new playlist viewer, fast playlist loader, new reader modes, a new Bluetooth chat utility and more![/size]

The preview's show XploreME version 4.2 (j2me) and how you can now rotate the main menu (press ' 9 ' on Sony Ericsson)

Changes:

General
- Added quick loading of a playlist file that was last used, last used means that you save a playlist to a file,
or load a playlist from a file (using the file browser).
- Fixed a bug in Mixed mode file browsing in V3x/V3xx and other phones that contains 3 drives.
- Added new utility: a simple Bluetooth Chat between two mobiles in a closed range. Note: this utility is in beta stage and
may have bugs. the two mobiles must support bluetooth connection in a java applications.
- Fixed a bug in some phones with big resulotion (320X240): the main xploreme picture shown as it suppose to
be in smaller resolutions.
- Changed: Options settings "vibrarion" and "play tree" are ON by defualt.
- Added some new icons, changed some old ones, like playlist file icon.

Browser
-Fixed a bug in file actions: after returning from the results screen, the browser was scambled sometimes.
-Fixed a bug: When doing a cut/copy action in a browser the cut/copy list was erased sometimes.

MediaPlayer
- Added Playlist Viewer for advanced playlist control:(to enter the viewer, press # in the player)
shows all tracks in the playlist, with different color for playing track and queue tracks,
when pressing on a track in the playlist viewer, the track will be loaded, pressing again will load the main player display.
- Can search tracks in the playlist viewer by pressing *
- Added: Can queue tracks the playlist viewer!! (like in winamp when pressing "q" on a track in the playlist windows), this options allows you to choose
the next(up to 15) tracks to be played manually, the queued tracks will be with a different color in the playlist viewer,
also will show the position of in the queue when selecting the tracks. queuing is done by pressing 7 in the playlist viewer.
- Shows position on the playlist in the playlist viewer.
- Fixed a bug: art image was shown before it got resized
- When changing a song while the playing is on stop status, the next song will not start play
(only when playing is on play/pause status the next song will start play)

Text Reader
- Added 7 display modes: Normal, Full, Full BlackWhite, Full WhiteBlack, Full BW without scrollbar, Full WB without scrollbar
toggle display mode with "0", hold "0" to return to the normal display mode.

Bluetooth Chat
- allows simple chatting between 2 mobiles, one needs to wait for a partner and the other needs to search for one,
when connection established, one can send a message by pressing 5/J-fire.
When a message is received a new message indicator will be shown, incoming messages
will be stored until they will be shown, to show the next incoming message, press the Soft1 key.

http://xploreme.editboard.com/portal.htm

[ This Message was edited by: SonyShorts on 2008-11-16 02:10 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi