Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > internet connection stops working after couple hours

123  Next
Author internet connection stops working after couple hours
bangsters
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-15 23:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hi. anyone else experiencing this? after a couple hours after turning the phone on, the internet stops working, gprs at least. the globe at the top stops showing up abd i can't open any page or use activesync or any app that requires internet access. if i reboot my p1i it works again, for a couple hours then back to the same problem.

i had to reboot my phone just to start this thread arrgghh.

thanks
http://www.toqen.com - quality hosting, dedicated servers and colocation that's right on the budget

http://www.clubfairlady.com - a Z33/350z and G35 site and a lot more
Trev1982
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 03:35
i think you have a problem man, im doing about 6 hours a day connected to the net either surfing or listening to internet radio, i online on my phone more that i use the pc, you could deleting your internet settings and re-installing them, worse comes to worse back your phone up and master reset/formatt internall C and then re-backup,
BB 8120
bangsters
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-16 03:43
thanks! this already happened before. i did a master reset (internal format), and everything seemed to have been fixed...until a couple days ago when it started happening again....

not sure if it's some app i installed, but i noticed this started when i installed a bunch of apps, agilemessenger, @web, bootman, and some others....i tried uninstalling them but still having problems...i don't want to do a master reset again as I have hacked the phone and have configured it to my liking already.

any suggestion? i tried removing the internet settings and recreating them but no luck...
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-16 08:07
I had this problem for some months and it turned out that it was a provider problem. Every now and then, if I pushed the network icon it would tell me that the gprs connection is cut off - I can't remember the exact term but I had to put it in flight mode and on again and it would refresh itself, re-registering onto the network.
Of course, I talked to them numerous times and they didn't recognize a thing; it was ok by them.
You shoudl try your phone with other network for a few days to rule out the phone...or not.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
stuartg
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 16:57
Hey, I have this issue as well! I'm on the 3 network in Australia, but I'm using the G900 and having this issue. Did you manage to find a fix or a workaround? It's like GPRS dies, the globe goes away and the phone doesn't appear to be able to re-establish a GPRS connection. The only way around it I seem to have found is turning the phone on and off, but that becomes VERY tiresome.

I've tried turning on flight mode and then going back to phone mode, but this doesn't seem to work for me.

Really strange, because the internet DOES work for a while, but then just dies for no reason.

Please help!

[ This Message was edited by: stuartg on 2008-10-17 15:57 ]
bangsters
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-17 17:01
this is exactly what's happening on mine. i am using tmobile usa and they are saying no problems on their end as they see my phone registering on their network....

On 2008-10-17 16:57:22, stuartg wrote:
Hey, I have this issue as well! I'm on the 3 network in Australia, but I'm using the G900 and having this issue. Did you manage to find a fix or a workaround? It's like GPRS dies, the globe goes away and the phone doesn't appear to be able to re-establish a GPRS connection. The only way around it I seem to have found is turning the phone on and off, but that becomes VERY tiresome.

I've tried turning on flight mode and then going back to phone mode, but this doesn't seem to work for me.

Really strange, because the internet DOES work for a while, but then just dies for no reason.

Please help!

stuartg
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 17:07
Hmmmmm... I'm bracing myself to call the (notoriously BAD) 3 Customer Care line in the morning. Sigh.

Still keen to hear if anyone else is having this problem, or if it's just a random Aussie and a random American!
whatsucka
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-17 19:55
omg!! dis is exactly i was gonna post about it when i come bak after skoo... then i see dis post
im using w960 with tmobile tzone... i can connect to the tzone for a while then i can connect bak on once it get disconnect, n the only way is to reboot my fone. everytime i try to connect to online it will scan for my wifi connections 1st then when is tzone it wont connect

how to solve dis problem??
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-10-18 02:03
Try checking the internet profile settings. I got a silly problem with the way of logging in (PAP and CHAP login settings). Check that it may help.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-18 17:44
Just checked and saw that mine does this AND after a few days of stand-by.Actually,after 3-4 days mine starts acting up(out of memory messages appear) and one of the problem is loss of connection.Putting it to flight mode and back doesn't work,I had to reboot just minutes ago cuz the globe won't appear and the internet wouln't be available.I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the operating system,too,as you see above!
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
myth®
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-10-18 18:05

Strange..

I've never had any of the issues mentioned in this thread..

Could be the side effects of some mods as I don't use any of them.

Just an idea..
HTC HD2 [16 GB] + SE HBH-DS980
sigea
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-18 19:02

Try going into flight mode and then choosing phone mode, sometimes my GPRS picks up that way
stuartg
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-10-19 04:13
Myth, my phone doesn't have any mods applied, so I don't think it's got anything to do with that.

sigea, that doesn't seem to work on 3, though when I'm roaming onto Telstra it seems to work. Really weird, and annoying because I'm mostly on 3G coverage area with 3
whatsucka
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-19 06:15
Is strange dat dis never happen to my fone since i got it in april...but dis problem happen to me since october...so weird...
mange69
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2008-10-19 15:36
Quote:

On 2008-10-17 16:57:22, stuartg wrote:

Please help!

This happens to me too, but not everyday. It was a while since the last time. An other issue related to this is when I use my phone as a USB modem with my laptop. When I disconnect on the laptop I can't connect via GPRS again just to browse on the phone. Impossible to connect. I have to restart the phone again. It sucks since the process takes a while... =/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi