Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > How can a Tungsten and T68i paired successfully?

Author How can a Tungsten and T68i paired successfully?
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-08 00:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi! Any advice welcome before I go bald! haha!

I have a Tungsten T and T68i! I have managed to pair the two and have used the Tungsten dialer to dial another phone throught my T68i.

In the Tungsten's, preferences, bluetooth, trusted devices menu I have the T68i showing. There was a 'gold key' when I first paired it but that disappeared! I can also see Tungsten T as a paired device in the T68i connect> bluetooth>paired devices menu.

The problem is I cannot seem to keep the pairing!! I have checked this ( thanks to Matteus )

http://www.palm.com/europe/mobile/pairing2.html

but still can't manage to maintain the connection.

I do not switch my T68i off at night, but if I did, or switched the Tungsten off, do I need to set up pairing again?

Any advice much welcomed!!

Ofiaich
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-08 09:23
Hi again!! I am tearing my hair out now!

Often get a pairing recognised but it is so unstable that these devices don't stay paired. What am I doing wrong ?

I can see people here who sent to this forum with PDa's and a S-E phone!

Please help!

ofiaich
JWBlue
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-08 09:28
did you use Phone Link to pair your tungsten and fone? Phone Link came with the CD of the tungsten [addsig]
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-08 09:45
Hi JWBlue,

Yes, I used the phone link that came with the Tungsten. They pair but then they stop talking to each other.

I have no experience with bluetooth and wonder what to expect. I mean should the pairing stay live until I switch one of the devices off?

I want to set up my e-mail and browser but am stuck at this stage.

Ofiaich
XBone
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-08 10:00
I'm currently using my TungstenT with a Nokia 6310i, but have also tried it with the T68i. The Tungsten handles that Bluetooth stuff a bit wierd...
It does pair, but it disconnects completely after each and every action. The guys at palm probably found out that this consumes less energy, than keeping the connection.
And the Tungsten does also cut a GPRS connection, if it's not used for a certain time... Annoying, but I haven't found any way around it. And most of the time the SMS and GPRS apps work over bluetooth.
Good luck
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-08 10:09
Thanks Xbone

[ It does pair, but it disconnects completely after each and every action. ]

I can't seem to make it do any actions, except for the occasional 'dialer' success!

[ The guys at palm probably found out that this consumes less energy, than keeping the connection. ]

I see. The energy that I use trying to sort it must be high! Hahaha!

[ And the Tungsten does also cut a GPRS connection, ]

I haven't made a successul GPRS connection yet because the pairing is so unstable.

By the way, is there a program to download some 'good luck!! hahaha!

Ofiaich
FASTECHS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-06 04:31
T68i firmware: R6

I have tried everything. Even though the following steps are for a T68, I still can’t get the units to connect. When following the directions located at: http://www.palm.com/europe/mobile/pairing2.html. I can’t get to step 9 as I receive a message on my Tungsten T that “No additional Bluetooth devices were found”

ISSUES
Tungsten can detect my laptop, however no Bluetooth hot sync options found anywhere
terrible
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-06 05:45
I think one sure way of getting a Palm and a phone is upgrade to Tungsten | W.
*** I LOVE MY P800 ***
Jumpinfrog
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-03-07 00:56
Try the following:

Before you strat the connction setup in the phone dialer, go to the add new device of the bluetooth pairing menu and choose phone accepts. Press it and then quickly press next on the Palm. There will be a passkey exchange. It worked for me...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi