Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800 Bugs and Suggested Improvements for Sony Ericsson Engineers

Visitors browsing this topic: 3
Add to Bookmarks
Author P800 Bugs and Suggested Improvements for Sony Ericsson Engineers
mikilauda
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I would like to have a fast forward in the soundplayer.
I listen to audio books and ite very anoying if you miss
a part...

I also want a 128mb duostick but it looks like we have to wait,

http://www.sony.jp/CorporateCruise/Press/200212/02-1210/
translated with babelfish...
IC record media " magic gate memory stick Duo (duo) "
' MSG-M64A ' (64MB)
' MSG-M128A ' (128MB) 2003 year
February 10 day
March 21 day

jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:11
Quote:

On 2003-01-07 19:36, mondo wrote:

WHOLE SCREENSAVER----- when the virtual flip is on, and the screen saver activates, i want the screen saver to occupy the whole screen. not just until where the v flip is. i want the v flip to be always there, but NOT when the screensaver activates.

The screensaver is actually fullscreen... when disable the v-flip... I have an alternate solution for you mondo... try this...

Turn on screensaver, and turn on device lock on screen saver.

If you changed the device lock code, change it to an easy to TYPE 4-digit code.

This way, you don't need to use the v-flip (there are 2 v-flips... one looks just like the normal keypad, the other one is accessible no matter what... the icon is on the lower right of the screen)

To exit from the screen saver (Which is now full screen) just tap the screen, then enter the device lock code. This also keeps people from fiddling with your phone.
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:16
@raven>>> well they should've not made us wait at all or release a product if it will just be full of "LACKINGS". they took their time improving this gadget and i just find it hard to believe that it doesnt work the way it should be. its just annoying that THEY DIDNT ADD something simple like PROFILES, PERSONALIZED FOLDERS, etc. regarding the fact that it took them FOREVER on fixing this phone. yeah, maybe its a simple mistake or they FORGOT to add it (i mean hello! something as primitive like the 7110 could make personalized folders, and this cant?!), but its too late. the least they could do is add it up to the new ver. software and make it accessible/cheaper (atleast free) for us!
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:22
@jplacson>>> mondo whispers: ginawa mo naman akong mukhang tanga! hahaha! anyway, yeah i know that but it's just a hassle to tap, tap, tap! i want it the way i said it! especially when i paint, it's difficult to go through verification points. what i want is tap and ready!
Omar
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:23
FAX FAX FAX please. I still have to take out my Nokia Communicator 9210i (hate it), remove SIM from P800, insert it into Communicator then send and/or receive faxes. And vice versa.
Sony Ericsson, No fax? How could you!
And yes, it should be able to record videos and the lens should be a Carl Zeiss (better quality) just like on Sony digital still and handycams. The 7650's pic quality is waaaay better.
And tell us where the larger memory memory sticks are, we wanna buy them.
Funnily enough haven't had a problem syncing with Outlook (yet) but since so many are experiencing it then it must be happeing.
Better battery life please.
Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:23
@mondo: "Lackings" are in the eyes of the beholder. Most people are happy with the way the phone organizes things. You're not. Gee. Then why not develop your own extensions and apps for Symbian 7?

I find it a hell of a lot better than the 7650, and really don't mind not having SMS folders.

If you want a feature, then either code on your own, wait for a good third-party app or sign a huge petition and send it to SE, but don't call it a "Lacking" just because your own personal habits were not met by a phone.
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:32
@mondo, I don't agree. I like the OS to be as simple and stripped down as much as possible, leaving much of the memory free for the user to add whatever he/she wants. You just have to be patient a little while longer, and everything you wan't/need will come. The whole point is that we all wan't/need different things, and the phone-memory will be filled up before you know it.

This post was posted from a P800

mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:34
@rashkae>>> obviously you dont get it. lemme make it clear for you and ya all.
1. they introduced the phone.
2. said it would be released.
3. was cancelled.
4. said it would be released.
5. was cancelled.
6. it took them forever to fix whatever was wrong with it. and simple things they never added?

yeah, its better than the 7650. but remember the 7650 is just a phone. this is much better but the 7650 could work by giving simple things. and this cant. my "personal habits" is, i'm sure alot share the same "habits". and having personalized folders is very convinient and is very useful on organizing things. no one could deny that. this is an e-organizer, you know.
"the "LACKINGS", DEARY, was quoted from the other poster's reply on my post before that. geez.
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:40
@raven>>> the premise of my argument is "why didnt they add the simple things that are very useful to the owners?" i.e.= personalized folder(i dont have to mention what phones have this), reply receipt (t68i has this so how come this cant?), profiles (this is very very needed).
i never said : hey , give in to what we want! themes! icons! etc... what i and i think all of us would agree on are the basic things every phone has and every consumer really needs! yes, get the others from some developer, but simple things like these .... why didnt they consider adding it before releasing it?

ANYONE ELSE?!
Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:50
Actually, I *do* get it. Let me make it clear for ya

We were not talking about product release dates, but functionality, so let's stick to that. As for product release dates, I'd rather a product get delayed but have less bugs than get shipped out early with a bugfest to please the masses, like "another" cellphone manufacturer chooses to do.

Besides, quite a lot of the delay can be attributed to Sony and their insitence on using Memory Stick Duo's rather than the original MMC slot. (bleaaargh, but understandable from sony's point of view)

While folders *may* be convenient, just because you think you need folders doesn't mean that the lack thereof is a bug. Rather, those who tested the P800 while it was in development don't need or use folders, so the issue didn't come up.

SE is pretty good with software updates; look at the massive leap the T68 made with the T68i software; I wouldn't put it past the SE engineers (as well as the many, many Symbian developers) to fill in the gaps that they are now finding out from consumers. However, the real question would be whether or not Symbian 7.0 can support these features.

Clear now, "Deary"?
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:50
@mondo,

You keep missing the point. What is useful to you isn't nescessarely useful to me.
carpe noctem
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 20:58
Oh and btw, @Mondo, 7650 isn't "just a phone", it's a smartphone with a he!! of alot of apps available that deals with just about every thinkable and unthinkable "bug/lacking/whatever". Only problem being its memory...
carpe noctem
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-08 06:59
@R&R>>>well as i mentioned, the p800 couldve been better with the simple stuff added! 7650 IS just a phone compared to the P800 but it can do stuff that the P800 cant, which is disappointing!
but hey, i love my P800! i'm not regretting buying it and im glad i switched from my 7650 to this one. i just hope that when the software upgrade comes out SOON, it will meet the fill up the "LACKINGS" of the phone now. that's the point of this TOPIC, right? so , work it baby!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-08 07:41
Quote:

On 2003-01-07 20:32, Raven wrote:
@mondo, I don't agree. I like the OS to be as simple and stripped down as much as possible, leaving much of the memory free for the user to add whatever he/she wants. You just have to be patient a little while longer, and everything you wan't/need will come. The whole point is that we all wan't/need different things, and the phone-memory will be filled up before you know it.

Raven, I agree... most of what we want can be added using 3rd party apps. The 7650 was bare as hell when it first came out... now that there are a lot of 3rd party apps out, UIQ versions shouldn't be far away.

The ONLY thing I want SE to add is a landscape mode for the phone. This SHOULD be built into the SE shell, not a 3rd party app. And fix a few bugs in the ff: Communicam, name tag in SMS (only reads the LAST 7 digits, not the whole number), customizable opening/closing animations.

The rest of our 'wishes' isn't up to SE, it's up to Symbian! (We don't complain to Compaq if we want something new in Windows do we? We complain to MS!) Most of the limitations seem to be in the UIQ 7 OS. We are the FIRST users of UIQ. Let's wait for a few updates. I'm just glad I finally have my P800!!!!!
contaygious
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-08 08:11
there is no alarm when the phone is off????????

All bricks have that function why not the P800????

How am I gonna wake myself up in the morning without this feature man?????

Aiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE A P800!!!!!!!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic