Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800 Bugs and Suggested Improvements for Sony Ericsson Engineers

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Author P800 Bugs and Suggested Improvements for Sony Ericsson Engineers
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 10:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@woaow>>> about the alarm, you could set your phone to flight mode while sleeping so you wont be bothered by anything, it wont eat up much power too since it's in power save.
@jplacson>>> i believe that the baby blue and silver powder color is sorta a trademark of for their top of the line phones, which i really agree with. it gives em class and uniquness, not like nokia you could change em and it makes it too fancy and cheap. it doesnt give the "compact" or sturdy feel at all. so i guess with this combination of color is an honor to have!
@:es:>>> how come when i get a call (ex- landline number) and decide to add to contacts (update an entree) it doesnt offer this feature at all? i automatically creates a new entree! i cant update the entree i want to update?! do i have to go to contacts and edit it? thats such a hassle! i aint good in remembering numbers so i have to go back to the call logs and check if what i enetered was correct! work it, baby!
to the rest , i concur! wassap SONY ERICSSON?! WORK YER ASSES OUT!
stianj
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 14:18
Most of my wishes are already mentioned, and the rest of them aren't that important. But my three on top:

1: SMS-delivery report

2: When GPRS-timeouts (after the given timeout in control-panel), I get a ugly box popping up, interrupting whatever I'm doing. I have to click continue or wait some seconds before it disappears by itself. It should at least be a choice where it disconnects silently.

3: Ability to create custom folders for sms, email and MMS. I can't see any reason why we can't, when there are folders for contacts, calendar entries and so on.
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 14:29
What's with the "sonyericsson" logo appearing on the viewfinder?
rmg
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 14:32
Please tell me there is an option to have SMS delivery reports....

Please......

This is an important thread. A P800 bugtrack thread and tips n tricks thread should be stickied!

jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-07 14:37
Quote:

On 2003-01-07 10:55, mondo wrote:
@jplacson>>> i believe that the baby blue and silver powder color is sorta a trademark of for their top of the line phones, which i really agree with. it gives em class and uniquness, not like nokia you could change em and it makes it too fancy and cheap. it doesnt give the "compact" or sturdy feel at all. so i guess with this combination of color is an honor to have!
@:es:>>> how come when i get a call (ex- landline number) and decide to add to contacts (update an entree) it doesnt offer this feature at all? i automatically creates a new entree! i cant update the entree i want to update?! do i have to go to contacts and edit it? thats such a hassle! i aint good in remembering numbers so i have to go back to the call logs and check if what i enetered was correct! work it, baby!
to the rest , i concur! wassap SONY ERICSSON?! WORK YER ASSES OUT!

I don't want to change the color of my phone... but I'd like a more neutral color than BABY BLUE! Silver? Gray? Even Black? I think a darker blue would've been ok... or emerald green (since it IS their corporate color)

And I had the same problem with the phonebook... just enable Auto-save in the Phone Preferences.
Froddan
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 14:54
The ability to write mail with the keypad (like sms), and t9.
Make it possible to use wap even when keypad is on.
Reduce the flickering on the viewfinder.
Add a line for birthday in contact field, and sync it with calendar.
Make it possible to create own folders for mail/sms, for storage.
Sms function in outlook, like with t68.
stianj
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 15:00
Quote:

On 2003-01-07 14:54, Froddan wrote:
The ability to write mail with the keypad (like sms), and t9.
Make it possible to use wap even when keypad is on.
Reduce the flickering on the viewfinder.
Add a line for birthday in contact field, and sync it with calendar.
Make it possible to create own folders for mail/sms, for storage.
Sms function in outlook, like with t68.

Oh yeah, a field for birthday, which syncs with the calendar would make me the happiest man on earth!

salling
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 17:53
I actually think this may be a feature to save battery when the battery is low. I've only noticed this in low-battery situations.

- jonas

Quote:

On 2003-01-07 14:29, ferrarista44 wrote:
What's with the "sonyericsson" logo appearing on the viewfinder?

ervil
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 18:24
Froddan and Stianj.
You can actually write birthdays and a lot of other personal info in the notes field and sync this info. When you zoom a contact you have a "blank sheet icon" as nr.2 icon from the left corner. This is for notes and it syncs with outlook as well. Just tried to add birthday on my buisinesscard and it synced the new info perfectly. (Still you want get the info in the calendar...)

[ This Message was edited by: ervil on 2003-01-07 17:26 ]
ktd
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 19:06
Exept fot T9, alarm when phone is off and custom folders in SMS I wouldent mind:
1) PROFILES!!! I really miss my PROFILES in my Nokia phones.
2) Option to select volume for message sounds.
3) Mp3 ringtones.
4) frames, asp, php in browser.
5) OPTION TO HAVE ALL BUTTONS, SLIDERS ETC. ON THE LEFT SIDE FOR US LEFT HANDED.
6) Take out the way of writing . (dot) with just a click on the screen and only have \ to write a dot. As it is now I deletes alot of text when I wanna click ok and not hold down on the OK or back button long enough.
7) Option witch calender screen that should show when selecting calendar. I want the monthly shown by default.
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 19:13
yeah! a more specific reminder! like birthday/ anniversary/ call... hmm ... sounds like a nokia! even thou! must have something like it or even better! its what you call competition!
i think for me one major thing they should add is the personalized folders! this is supposed to be an electronic organizer gadget thingy but with out the folders, its not organized at all!
themes! themes! themes!
i dont like the icons at all!!! i think the 7650's are better!
nevertheless, i still love it. but i know it could be better! EY SONYERICSSON? YA HEAR ME?!
@jplacson>>> if they give alternative colors, wont everyone want every single color? its better this way that we're all equal, no envy! BUT i prefer SILVER! LIKE ZAO'S! THAT'S MORE CLASSY! but the bad side about it, i dont think it'll look nice as it is now. it might turn out like a boring metal bar or something. baaah! im happy with this one! DONT CHANGE THE COLORS! green?! it's metallic already... it might look like an over grown BUG! or so gooey/slimey--- not a good sight! (but the logo's well done! it wont work with a phone. trust me.) this is nice already! looks so fresh... (coming from an artist )
limit on the production (yeah right!) i dont want it to turn out like the 7650! everyone's carrying it! i was surprised this fish-ball vendor had one! yeeesh! and what's sad and ugly about it, it's being raffled everywhere! INSULTO! BIG NO NO!
THE P800 IS JUST NOT AN EVERYBODY PHONE. SO DONT GET INTO THAT!
JaNeiJo
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 19:29
Many good suggestions, and let's hope many of them come true in future SW updates.

My top 3 "must have" SW-updates:

* Category sync with outlook in contact, calendar and task.
* Folder editing in SMS, MMS (and e-mail folder sync with outlook)
* When unfolding keyboard, be able to set the starting screen of my own choise ex. calendar.

My top 3 "wish i had" in future P800 HW-generations:

1. Just a little bit better camera (indoor-photo, brightnes/contrast). Not much, because i'm afraid the picture-files will increase to much in size.

2. What about WLAN 802.1a (or b)?
Highspeed (up to 52 Mb) web-surfing at home or at the fast growing amount of IP-sone's in ex. city-center's, airport's, hotel's......
Much cheaper and our mobile-operators will disagree as they will not earn a penny on this, but anyway....

3. No MemoryStick! Instead more internal memory (64MB) and:
...a more usefull slot (ex. CF) for GPS (Glo.pos.sys), WLAN, and other usefull (or not) stuff you can get on CF-card (ex. even extra memory, better camera (-up to 1,3 Mpixel today), modem/ISDN for those who need it, VGA-card for connecting VGA-monitor or projector ex. for powerpoint-files, Harddisk (-up to 4GB in near furure).

Thats my SW & HW list of wants
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 19:36
THAT BLUE BUTTON-------option to change its function!

WHOLE SCREENSAVER----- when the virtual flip is on, and the screen saver activates, i want the screen saver to occupy the whole screen. not just until where the v flip is. i want the v flip to be always there, but NOT when the screensaver activates.

SECONDS----- the minimum of screensaver activation is 1min. i hope it could be in 10 15 or 20 secs.

@jplacson>>> thanks my friend for the info on the auto save! i hope itll work as i want it to!

@ i agree. that pesky sonyericsson logo on viewfinder and annoying blinking error message only occurs when bat is low! WELL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

ADVICE TO - - - SONYERICSSON

I. dont keep customers waiting for forever for your products. why:
1. because it pisses us off.
2. because it's irritating.
3. because it's not polite.
introduce it when YOU ARE SURE that you could keep up to your word. inconsistency is a very bad omen to business.
but all is done. you took your time to make it perfect. we understand that and glad you took the effort to. the phone arrived, we suckers got it. the least we could've expected ARE THESE F*CKING revisions and comments! you took your time already and WHY are there still bugs in it!? Why isnt it working as IT REALLY SHOULD? WHY WHY WHY? well that doesnt matter already. we have the phone already, right?! the least you can do is have it UPGRADED for free or part of the warranty so us customers will be TOTALLY happy and will continue to support . i hope this would strike some sense. i'm sure alot of customers agree with me and i'm sure alot of P800 owners would really be happy if you would do something about this issue in our convenience. you OWE US ALOT! make us totally happy!
mondo
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 19:42
what about a DESKTOP for standby mode where you could put some files (just like an actual computer).
please fix the icons. they really dont look nice.>> or better yet, choices of icon sets so we could personalize it too! yeah! that would be cool! hmmm... the startup screen user greeting.... that's it? just plain text on a blue box? i was expecting something else like choice of animation to make our p800 seem to be happy that it was opened by its user! yeah! that would be nice too!
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-07 19:50
Look ppl, most of these lackings or whatever will be fixed by 3'rd party developers, NOT by firmware upgrades. And that's the way it should be IMO. That's the whole point in having an OS, you get to chose yourselves what features you wan't to add.

This post was posted from a P800

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic