Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > War in Georgia.

Previous  12
Author War in Georgia.
iva_se
X2 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 01:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
http://tvali.ge/index.php?action=watch&v=24615
PLAY VIDEO

[ This Message was edited by: iva_se on 2008-08-11 00:05 ]
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 03:20
Living close to the area, I want to give a perspective on how this whole mess is seen based on media information.
First of all, Georgia is supposed to have a total of 7 or 9 airplanes, so there is no way to compare them to Russia's military strength.
The Russian claim is that the Georgians started bombing and destroying the capital of Osetya causing a great number of civilian casualties, most of whom are said to be Russian citizens. Osetya has been an autonomous region and a part of Georgia. There are videos going around showing the devastation from the bombing, but who bombed is an entirely different story, there is probably no reliable way to find that out.
It's obvious that Russia can crush the Georgian military as well as any local power such as Ukraine that stands in its way, so the question is why did this start.
Anyone following recent political developments will probably have a pretty good idea why the Middle East and now the Caucasus is in deep trouble.
I believe the source of the problem is the fact that the US has been trying to create regions of influence that are too close to Russia for their comfort.
If you had asked me 20 years ago, I would have said that this is a good thing but having seen the policies of the Bush dynasty, the US seems to mess up everywhere they go.
If you look on the surface, the US represents democracy and freedom but if you look a little deeper you see that they actually represent money and all their policy is based on pleasing the money owners. I know that even in the US, intellectuals are not happy with this situation. The fact that US foreign policy sucks does not help them either, in 20 years the ratio of people sympathetic to the US has gone down from 85% to 15% in Turkey, one of their longest and strongest allies in this region.
So it's obvious that the main reason under this dispute is the fact that Georgia had become too much under the influence of the US and Russia had to break this. There is nothing anyone can do, don't think that either the US or the EU will lift a finger to help any of these countries.
The Turkish TV said that about 30,000 Georgians have crossed over to Turkey in fear of their lives. Personally, I am sympathetic to the Georgians and I wish them the best of luck in resolving this situation, they will need it.
Looking at this from Russia's side, they naturally want to protect their interests and their citizens. So how different is this from the US invading Iraq? It's sad but the fact of life is, unless you are strong enough to defend yourself don't expect any help from others, the neighborhood bully is always right. Others will pump you up and then leave you out to dry when things get thorny.
My deepest sympathies and condolences to those great number of civilians killed by whichever side.
P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 07:22

On 2008-08-11 01:04:40, iva_se wrote:
PLAY VIDEO

Its really funny. Looks like "Oh my God, i killed the man, help me! OOOOh i killed another one!
iva_se
X2 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 07:51

On 2008-08-11 07:22:06, xenia wrote:

On 2008-08-11 01:04:40, iva_se wrote:
PLAY VIDEO

Its really funny. Looks like "Oh my God, i killed the man, help me! OOOOh i killed another one!

f**k YOUR NATION!!!
SOON WE TAKE VENGEANCE!!!
GEORGIA NEVER BE PARTS OF THE MOTHERf**kEN RUSSIA

According to the data of August 11, 2008, over 50 Russian fighter jets are flying across the airspace of Georgia.
Earlier today the capital city of Georgia has been bombed. Shells hit Makhata Mountain and Kojori brigade base. Russia attacks Georgia in spite of the fact that the foreign minister of Finland - Alexander Stubb and the foreign minister of France – Bernard Kushner are on official visit in Tbilisi.
Georgian troops have been withdrawn from the conflict zone and Georgia has declared unilateral cease-fire, despite Russian Federation attacks the whole territory of Georgia.
International community should take extreme measures to stop Russia.
XPERIA
iva_se
X2 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 07:56
http://interpressnews.ge/index.php?lang_id=ENG&sec_id=10150
XPERIA
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 08:05
God, why so immature? Both of you.

[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2008-08-11 07:05 ]
iva_se
X2 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 08:06
10.08.2008 22:00 : Сегодня заседании Совбеза возникла дискуссия между российским и американским дипломатами

Постпред США раскрыл содержание телефонного разговора между главами МИД – Лавровым и Райс. Российский министр, оказывается, сказал буквально следующее: «Михаил Саакашвили должен уйти». В этой связи российскому постпреду в ООН был задан прямой вопрос: «ваша цель – смена режима в Грузии?» Чуркин от ответа уклонился. Тот же вопрос ему был задан повторно. Российский постпред снова не дал конкретного ответа…

http://www.echo.msk.ru/news/533107-echo.html

СААКАШВИЛИ ИЗБРАННЫЙ ПРЕЗИДЕНТ ГРУЗИИ!!! ПУТИН ПОШЁЛ НА Х*Й!
XPERIA
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 08:10
I'm a little unstable about this whole situation, I understand Russia wants to show it's no walkover but they need to stop soon or repercussions are going to be immense, I see Mr Cheney has given Russia a little poke in the right direction, a message of support entwined with a message of we're ready for war....

I just hope the whole thing blows over soon or it could be near on mass war and we all need to make love not war!
iva_se
X2 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 08:19
THIS MORNING:

2008-08-11 03:22
Russian Fighter Jets Dropped Shells near Batumi

2 Russian fighter jets dropped shells near Batumi at 03:05.
According to the released information, shells hit the Akhalsheni forest.
Russian fighter jets flew over Batumi for 10 minutes and left Georgian airspace.
----------------------------
2008-08-11 04:13
Shells Hit Sharabidzeebi, Makhvilauri and Borough Khelvachauri

2 Russian fighter jets dropped shells on Khelvachauri region an hour ago, namely on the villages - Sharabidzeebi , Makhvilauri and borough Khelvachauri.
According to the released information, shells exploded near the dwelling in the village of Makhvilauri. The village is 14 m away from the border of Turkey.
Several busses and a house have been damaged due to blasts in borough Khelvachauri. No wounded have been reported.
-------------------------------
2008-08-11 05:11
Russian Fighter Jets Bombed Brigade of Kojori and Makhata Mountain

Russian fighter jets dropped 2 shells on brigade base of Kojori and the Makhata Mountain at 04:30 am.
Shota Utiashvili, head of the analytical department of Interal Ministry of Georgia reported InterpressNews regarding this.
No information has been spread regarding destructions. As InterpressNews was reported by the Ministry of Internal affairs, nobody was in brigade base of Kojori when shell exploded. No wounded have been reported.
-------------------------------------
2008-08-11 05:32
Information regarding Bombing Territory of Kojori Brigade Base has not been Confirmed

The ministry of Internal Affairs does not confirm the fact of bombing the territory of Kojori brigade base at the moment.
As InterpressNews was reported by the Ministry of Internal affairs, Russian fighter jets dropped shells on Makhata Mountain and the village of Patara Lilo at 04:30 am.
According to the preliminary information, nobody has been injured in bombing.
---------------------------------
Russian Aircrafts Bombed Military Base of Senaki and Patriots Camp of Ganmukhuri

Russian aviation attacked Senaki a few minutes ago. Shells hit the military base of Senaki and the vicinity of the base.
Russian fighter jets bombed Patriots camp located in the village of Ganmukhuri, Zugdidi region as well.
Information regarding casualties has not been confirmed until yet. Several have been wounded.
------------------------------------
2008-08-11 09:38
Russian Aircrafts Dropped Bombs in Kakheti

Today morning Russian aircrafts dropped bombs in Kakheti approximately at 04:30 am.
As the reporter of InterpressNews reports, the probable target of attacks was military aerodrome of Shiraki located in Dedophlistskaro. Though, the aerodrome has not been out of working order for 15-16 years, namely since Russian military units left this territory.
Bombs damaged the take-off runaway of aerodrome and houses. Fortunately no casualties and wounded have been reported.
---------------------------------------------------
2008-08-11 09:57
Russian Fighter Jets Attacked Tank Unit in Gori

Russian fighter jets dropped a bomb on the territory of tank unit in Gori at 06:00am.
The military base and the city Gori were bombed for many times during the last days.
The locals of Gori have already left the city. Georgian and foreign journalists are still working in the international media centre.
----------------------------------------------------
THIS IS MOTHERf**kN RED ARMY OF RUSSIA
XPERIA
iva_se
X2 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 10:00
comment removed

My Sony (Ericsson) Phone History:
Ericsson: GF768 > T10i > T18i > T28i > T68
Sony Ericsson: T68i > T610i > F500 > K700 > Z1010 > S700 > K800 > K810 + M600 > K850 + W960 + C902
My Next Phone Will be XPER

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2008-08-11 09:27 ]
Burgaz
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 10:03
Isnt this all a bit too much for a mobile phone forum... surely there are better places to talk about things like this...

And the insults are getting a bit much too now...
I Fantasy Worlds and Disney Girls.
Currently using: iPhone
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 10:09
agreed.... and since I already removed and warned iva_se about his previous comments I'll close this now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  12
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic