Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > C902 Locking and freezing and turning off

Author C902 Locking and freezing and turning off
robdf2
Model not set
Joined: Aug 05, 2008
Posts: 2
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 10:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Had my C902 about 5 weeks now and constantly keeps locking up , freezing , and turning itself off ,happens when dialing numbers , texting and very slow to navigate in my menus.
Contacted vodafone to get an exchange unit and was told their policy only covers exchange up to 14 days and as i contacted them after 21 days they could only offer me a repair.
My girlfreind had a previous sony ericson phone with vodafone who experienced same problems , the phone went back and forth for repairs numerous times in a 4 month period and in the end she threw it in the bin and went back to her previos phone.
I have 17 months left on my contract with this piece of crap.
Has anyone else suffered these problems ?
im loathed to have a reoair based on previous problems.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: May 20, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: Sweden fur alle
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 11:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
reflash your c902 with EMMA. otherwise try SEUS (but you might have latest FW, so SEUS will say NO)...otherwise do a master reboot. (but EMMA will fix your issue)


you got yourself a monday example...... sometimes it happends, (thats life)
_________________
I C902, W810 & T29
------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21179102@N07/
(t610, t630, k700, k750, k800, k810, k850)



[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2008-08-05 10:16 ]
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Posts: > 500
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-05 11:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Looks like you know nothing about EMMA...

Anyway, you should take it to a SEMC service center to get it repaired / flashed. They should be able to use EMMA, and reflash it properly for you.

_________________
Unofficial Sony Ericsson Blog
Best dedicated blog ever!

[ This Message was edited by: Mizzle on 2008-08-05 10:31 ]
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: May 20, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: Sweden fur alle
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 11:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
eehhhh. i didnt know i had to explain in details. OF COURSE I MEANT THAT HE SHOULD GO TO HIS LOCAL WORK SHOP AND FLASH IT THERE WITH EMMA. (im not born yesterday you know)

ps. it sounds that you dont know so much about EMMA either, (the "new" SEUS is starting to get more like EMMA, SEUS is allready changed by the way. (it going to be nearly exact like EMMA, (with other words you are able to flash with EMMA server yourself, but in some smaller way)...did you even knew that ?????

_________________
I C902, W810 & T29
------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21179102@N07/
(t610, t630, k700, k750, k800, k810, k850)




[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2008-08-05 10:47 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
Joined: Jun 13, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: The NZ of L
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 12:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-08-05 11:44:30, plankgatan wrote:
eehhhh. i didnt know i had to explain in details. OF COURSE I MEANT THAT HE SHOULD GO TO HIS LOCAL WORK SHOP AND FLASH IT THERE WITH EMMA. (im not born yesterday you know)

ps. it sounds that you dont know so much about EMMA either, (the "new" SEUS is starting to get more like EMMA, SEUS is allready changed by the way. (it going to be nearly exact like EMMA, (with other words you are able to flash with EMMA server yourself, but in some smaller way)...did you even knew that ?????



Come on! Of course you have to explain it. You need to explain it entirely for the original poster who may not know as much as the more experienced members. I mean, who's going to know what EMMA is?! Its just silly to expect a new member to know that kind of thing.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
robdf2
Model not set
Joined: Aug 05, 2008
Posts: 2
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 13:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes you are totaly right , i am now totaly lost , whats is emma and seus ? and how do i get the flashimg done
sorry for being a newbie but we all have to start somewhere , any help is much appreciated.

[ This Message was edited by: robdf2 on 2008-08-05 12:17 ]
Gigz
Model not set
Joined: Apr 24, 2008
Posts: 17
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 13:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just send it here mate, they'll sort it for you.

http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=97047
Rookwise
Nokia Lumia 620
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: UK. Phone:Nokia Lumia 625
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 18:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

What a great welcome for a new member. They are asking for help with their phone and people start bickering in their thread and ruining it.
I suggest that you settle your difference's via the pm system and not ruin other peoples threads.



On 2008-08-05 12:12:50, Muhammad-Oli wrote:



Come on! Of course you have to explain it. You need to explain it entirely for the original poster who may not know as much as the more experienced members. I mean, who's going to know what EMMA is?! Its just silly to expect a new member to know that kind of thing.




I agree 100% there.


@robdf2

The problem is with all current A200 platform phones.


Go here first:-

http://www.sonyericsson.com/c[....]ailed/pcsuite/c902?cc=gb&lc=en

Save the file and then run it from your computer.On the left side there is a list of functions. Choose Backup & Restore and backup your phone.

NOTE:- Only backup calender and contacts. Nothing else.


Once thats done. Download this (SEUS):

http://www.sonyericsson.com/c[....]updateservice/c902?cc=gb&lc=en

Again save the the file and run it from your computer.
Turn your phone off and remove the sim card and memory card. Then follow the instructions on the screen. (If it says you have the latest software. Select Continue Anyway)
Once the update is complete. Unplug your phone. DO NOT put your sim and memory card in yet.
Turn the phone on (It will say Please Wait for a few minutes). Select your language when asked and wait until the phone shows the Insert sim or view demo tour notice.

Turn your phone off again and insert the sim and memory card then turn it on again.
Go back to the PC Suite and restore your contacts and calender.

Thats it. All done.


If you continue to have problems (you will get the odd restart now and then. Its part of the A200 platform). You might have to consider debranding the phone. Mine and my dads C902's were O2 branded handsets and we were getting a lot of issues with the phone. I debranded them and everything works fine now apart from the occasional restart.


To debrand your phone. I would recommend you use

http://www1.davinciteam.com/index.html


As there have been problems reported when using the other sites like Kulen Kendi, Wotanserver etc as the CDA of the phone doesn't get written properly and can crash the phone.
Faster than a speeding turd, more powerful than halitosis, able to leap tall buildings in a single fart ? There's an App for that
Fredricx
C902 Black
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Posts: 106
From: Sweden
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 23:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-08-05 18:33:48, Rookwise wrote:

Turn your phone off and remove the sim card and memory card. Then follow the instructions on the screen. (If it says you have the latest software. Select Continue Anyway)
Once the update is complete. Unplug your phone. DO NOT put your sim and memory card in yet.
Turn the phone on (It will say Please Wait for a few minutes). Select your language when asked and wait until the phone shows the Insert sim or view demo tour notice.

Turn your phone off again and insert the sim and memory card then turn it on again.


What´s the point with removing the sim-card and the memoystick ??
They only ask you to remove the battery and then put it back.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: May 20, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: Sweden fur alle
PM
Posted: 2008-08-05 23:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
you 100% right. neither the information on SIM or MEM card gets erase by flashing or uppdating. (just the phones memory who gets erased)

just save your contacts & sms, etc. thats the only thing who gets erase. (themes and stuff comes back in the new FW)

ps. just use the function; "copy all contacts to SIM card" before you flash it. then its done

-----------------------------------------------------
@Muhammad-Oli, you really something. first of all, if you read MIZZLES first post, you clearly see that I ANSWERED ON MIZZLES SILLY QUESTION ABOUT HOW MUCH HE THOUGHT I KNEW ABOUT EMMA, ETC. NOT ABOUT robdf2 KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HOW MUCH HE KNOWS ABOUT FLASHING WITH EMMA. SO YES, MY ANSWERS WAS MORE POINTED TO MIZZLE INSTEAD TO robdf2.... WAS IT SO HARD TO "SEE" THAT.

sometimes i just wonder man.

_________________
I C902, W810 & T29
------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21179102@N07/
(t610, t630, k700, k750, k800, k810, k850)



[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2008-08-05 23:06 ]
Rookwise
Nokia Lumia 620
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: UK. Phone:Nokia Lumia 625
PM
Posted: 2008-08-06 13:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The point of removing the memory card is that the memory card can be corrupt and will need reformatting.This has been mentioned previously on this forum by other members.I have had this happen on my K850 where the memory card was corrupt after an SEUS update. Previous versions of SEUS also asked you to remove the sim card as well. Yes its not important but just as a precaution i always do it and have never had any problems since doing so. End of the day its up to you what you decide.

This message was posted from a C902
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
Joined: Jun 13, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: The NZ of L
PM
Posted: 2008-08-07 02:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-08-05 23:52:32, plankgatan wrote:
@Muhammad-Oli, you really something. first of all, if you read MIZZLES first post, you clearly see that I ANSWERED ON MIZZLES SILLY QUESTION ABOUT HOW MUCH HE THOUGHT I KNEW ABOUT EMMA, ETC. NOT ABOUT robdf2 KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HOW MUCH HE KNOWS ABOUT FLASHING WITH EMMA. SO YES, MY ANSWERS WAS MORE POINTED TO MIZZLE INSTEAD TO robdf2.... WAS IT SO HARD TO "SEE" THAT.

sometimes i just wonder man.



Don't give me that shit. My post was clearly talking about you telling the original poster about EMMA, when no new member would know about that. I was saying you need to explain it further because you seemed surprised when Mizzle questioned your knowledge because you didn't explain it when you should have.

I wasn't trying to sound like I was insulting you, so don't come back and start an argument over something that's just not worth it. Cheers.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi