Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > usb charging

Previous  12
Author usb charging
jms2367
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 09:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
yes. it's slower. i left my phone attached to the usb overnight a couple of times and i never got a 100% full charge (coming from 20% or less charge).
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 09:51
It is the same here. Never got fully charged battery with USB charging, as it should charge with the charger... It may show percentage, but it doesn't have capacity.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
yea g
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-06 11:34
not because of the voltage its because of amps via usb the fone asks the moterboard usb chip for more power but se have to make it stop asking sometime otherwise you get the under power message on your screen. If you have something which just uses the 5v off the usb this is very bad as if your motherboard cannot supply enough power the device plugged in is not told to stop taking power so it conytinues to then your motherboard gets f...ed
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-06 16:43

On 2008-09-05 22:53:29, strizlow800 wrote:
Aaah that's ok then. I got you wrong. sorry. Actually it is solower due to the lower voltage of the USB port compared to the charger.

Voltage is the same, it's the current that is lower.
gothenk
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 18:22

On 2008-09-06 11:34:47, yea g wrote:
not because of the voltage its because of amps via usb the fone asks the moterboard usb chip for more power but se have to make it stop asking sometime otherwise you get the under power message on your screen. If you have something which just uses the 5v off the usb this is very bad as if your motherboard cannot supply enough power the device plugged in is not told to stop taking power so it conytinues to then your motherboard gets f...ed

yes.... im agree with u bro

16 Gigs Optimus Black
4 Gigs Radiation Silver Kate
2 Gigs Champagne Black Emilie
4 Gigs Vapour Silver Naite
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-08 13:41

On 2008-09-06 11:34:47, yea g wrote:

I've seen so many usb ports fried this way fortunately normally it just fries the usb hub that the port is attached to and not the whole motherboard. However that usually means four or more ports gone, sometimes it can mean you have no more USB on your motherboard at all

Luckily it's never happened to me but I've seen it happen to my customers.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi