Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Is Sony Ericsson doomed?

Previous  123 ... 192021
Author Is Sony Ericsson doomed?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-09-03 00:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am just happy sticking to the good old Sony Ericsson a200 now. Can no longer be bothered with smartphones
Phone?? What phone??
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-03 01:21
WP7 is not really on the radar ATM. It's not 2007 anymore - Microsoft can't afford to release an OS missing advanced functionality and expect people to buy regardless. They need to hit the ground running. Manufacturers have learnt from Android - releasing a basic version and the bringing out a non-stop supply of major updates is a problem manufacturers and certainly do not want to go through again. WP7 had better be close to the mark first up or it won't get the manufacturer support to gain the critical mass it needs and Android now has.

Laptop manufacturers should all be following Apple's lead diversifying into the smartphone market. Sony seems to me to be the next best 'integrated' laptop and phone maker; I bought my Vaio as a direct result of my addiction. HP have bought Palm (and WebOS) for a reason and now Dell are getting serious about smartphones. Acer are in there too and even Nokia has had a foray into netbooks to stay competitive.

Since I bought an iPhone 3G I have toyed with and investigated the feasibility of buying a Mac but have decided against the idea as I don't really like the Apple way of doing things. They have some remarkable products and features but I'm not a devotee to their way of thinking. I am interested in a Dell Inspiron notebook + Dell Android smartphone combination though... ultimately my continued support of rests on faster Android OS updates and laptop/cloud integration. I guess time will tell if and Sony are serious about competing with the other 'big boys' in computing.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-03 01:28

On 2010-09-02 23:58:01, Bonovox wrote:
I have very quickly gone off Android

Thank God and Amen to that
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-03 12:26

On 2010-09-01 16:26:53, TeenInvader wrote:
Bring the thread back to life ... are they still doomed ?

Nope Nokia is in far worse shape, with losses in the low-margin low-cost phone lines & no traction in the high end smartphone class.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 192021
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic