Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Htc Diamond, Xperia, E71,E90, P1,P990, i phone,-Input options Analysis

Author Htc Diamond, Xperia, E71,E90, P1,P990, i phone,-Input options Analysis
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-28 11:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
which phone do u think has fastest input & navigation(making & receiving calls, contacts, calender , sms messages, notes),based on.

1) Fastest to enter information (making & recieving calls,entering quick information on contacts, calender , sms messages, notes, email address etc)
2) Fastest & easy to use & enter information while on the move
3) can be used Prolonged(frequntly) usage while on move( without much hassle)
4) Phone which can enter information such as email, comtact nos or small notes during the phone call(with ease)

And state why the phone has best/fastest input types

Technical experts view on the above

Analysis Type

Ease of Input
Form factor
navigation
accesing funtions
On call Functionality
Quick to enter infromation

Top 3 Devices

1)E71
Direct Full qwerty keyboard, unlike P990,(so need to play with flip to access qwerty keyboard)
Direct access to contact, messages buttons, for entering new contacts or email address,
dedicated call end buttons

1)P990
Fastest way to enter information using nomal keyboard as well as full qwerty keyboard
Navigation pad
dedicated call end buttons
Touch screen

2)P1
Touch screen
No navigation pad
No dedicated call end button
half qwerty
not as easy to use, one handed as P990(lacks dedicated normal keyboard unlike P990 or E90)
So second place for this

next 3 Devices

Close call again here within these 3 devices

3)HTC Touch diamond Pro
Touch screen
One step above to xperia due to 5 row keyboard And touch sensitive scroll wheel(which can be used for fasts crolling contacts or so)

4)Nokia E90/Sony Ericsson X1
Close call again, while E90 has normal keyboard to enter information during a call, If u want to enter information on x1 u just need to slide
to get acess to keyboard. or pull out styles to use on screen keyboard( which is not fast as entering text hardwware keyboard)and some more draw backs here n there on both the devices.............

Last two Devices

Again close call, But i think both of these gets last position, due to lack of anyform of keyboard ?

5)Iphone 3g
Touch screen
Multiple keys can be entered(multi touch)
lacks hardware keyboard
No haptic feed back

5)Htc touch diamond
Touch screen
Decicad call end button, Touch sensitive navigation
lacks hardware keyboard
No haptic feed back

DISCLAIMER : Further corrections may be made, based on valid user feedback & opinions, the view based here are technical experts opinions.Techical expert does not gurantee this aricle is free from error, and the same time commited to provide most accurate infromation as possible

Thank u

Regards
TECHNICAL EXPERT
RESEARCH-ANALYSIS-SOLUTIONS

[ This Message was edited by: technical-expert on 2008-06-28 10:13 ]
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-28 12:16
when are you going to get it into your skull people here dont like your way of posting?
And how many devices did you actually use?
himlims_nl
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2008-06-28 13:05
pretty much agreed to.
i've used all of those phones.
Still find the TyT2 the best for entering messages / email.
however the onscreen writing (which is not mentioned anywhere) with the Pxxx series, is really good.

//edit
what you mean with 'no normal keyboard unlike E90' ????

[ This Message was edited by: himlims_nl on 2008-06-28 12:06 ]
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-28 13:25
QVGA

1)U dont have slightest bit of commons sense, what ur talking about.
2)First there more member who dont like ur way of post than me, So ur post stands for urself
3)Secondly u dont have enough knowledge to even understand the post, let me explain u the post as ur so dumb
4) im not reviewing any phone
5) The post is about various inputs, And the post is trying to analyze best input options /form factors based on members opinion
6)As i have created the post, i have to give my opinion as well
7) cant u read that "the view based here are technical experts opinions"
what im trying to find out is what is the best input device with nice form factors -Further corrections may be made, based on valid user feedback & opinions,

if u t dumb enough not to understand the article, I request u do not post, if u have anything constructive to post then do so.

The discussion on the above articles, will bring few questions & feedbacks on the devices.

Regards
Technical Expert

[ This Message was edited by: technical-expert on 2008-06-28 12:29 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-28 14:07
At the local library yesterday I read an article in a Popular Mechanics magazine where they compared seven smartphones including iPhone, N95, Blackberry, a Samsung, an HTC, and a couple of US 'network specials'. They got seven smartphone novices to send a txt, send an email, and make a call and timed them while doing it. The iPhone won hands down as most people found it simplest to use. The funny thing is that some bunny's were stabbing at the N95 screen thinking it was TS until they eventually worked out the 2-way slide

In a blind test the iPhone's photos were rated worst and its multimedia second only to the N95.

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2008-06-28 13:08 ]
himlims_nl
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2008-06-28 15:03
still is a personal issue,
and anyone coudl call himself a so called expert, since there is no qualification on this subject to refer with.
i call myself an expert since i'm in telecom retail for 5yrs
but still .... anyone could
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-28 15:09
Surprising verdict considering P990 is your current phone.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-28 15:16
@technical-expert

Well really there is no definitive answer as we are all individuals and what suits some or even most of us doesn't suit all and what's more is that it never will.

Which is why there just isn't one device that is the best for everyone. Out of your list i have used and still use the E90, most of the devices you list haven't even been released yet which makes it impossible to know just how good they are. You can only guess what they will be like as can anyone else.

But for me and my use the E90 suits me best with it's large 4" screen and well spaced 57 keyboard with good tactile feedback suits me best. The worst for me was the iPhone as i just didn't like or get on with that at all. I have tried both a TyTN 1 and a M600 and didn't really get on with those either. But the E61 was one of my favorite formats and devices not sure the E71 will be as good for me as, due it's smaller screen and keyboard.

But as i said there really is no right or wrong answer here only what suits each individual best is what counts. Many here will hate the E90 and love their P1 where as for me it is the opposite.

I really have difficultly in understanding just what you thought the results would show or prove other than what each users preference and favorite device is. As really that is all that it can show nothing more and nothing less.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-06-28 14:43 ]
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-28 17:16

On 2008-06-28 13:25:38, technical-expert wrote:
QVGA

if u t dumb enough not to understand the article, I request u do not post, if u have anything constructive to post then do so.

The discussion on the above articles, will bring few questions & feedbacks on the devices.

Regards
Technical Expert

[ This Message was edited by: technical-expert on 2008-06-28 12:29 ]

i think you're too dumb to get my point. you're living in a parallel universe where you consider yourself an actual technical expert, where as you clearly are not!
anyway, this thread is too ridiculous to even post in, so go pleasure yourself.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-06-30 05:18
@Tech-Expert:

You said X1's has no normal keyboard unlike E90. How do you define a normal keyboard then?
10 years at Esato
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-30 05:26
@Razec

Normal keyboard is the one which is used to quickly enter numbers or used to send short messages.While if u have observed the on screen keyboard in xperia is too small which need u to pull out the stylus or open up the slide to do simple message, entering an email id or entering phone nos.

For example"if u walking on a street with ur notebook or bag or whtever, u just need to slide the phone to send a simple sms or send a phone no or type an email id, or u need to pull out they stylus.which requires two hands.thats why normal keyboard comes handy with single handed usage/.and requires less attention

Regards
Technical expert

One expert at esato that never lets u down
technical-expert.

[ This Message was edited by: technical-expert on 2008-06-30 04:49 ]
haris_el
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-15 20:48
Mate,

i dont want to seem harsh, but i dont understand what are you comparing between these phones - and i honestly dont know which other posts you have written...

If you want a phone to use while you are walking use the one below. You can use 2 sims into two different phones right?

Then, if you want to write an email - which you should be sitting down and you should use both hands, any phone from the above should suit you...

but - P990 ??? Compared with all the other brand new phones???

Come ooooon !!!

For me M600 style is the best, however its more advanced version - P1i - its not so more advance in order to convince me to buy it. I would have prefered an Iphone version with M600 keypad

Currently as Xperia is not out, i am thinking buying the HTC Diamond..

[ This Message was edited by: haris_el on 2008-07-15 19:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi