Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > HTC warns consumers against grey Touch Diamonds || Not anymore

Author HTC warns consumers against grey Touch Diamonds || Not anymore
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-09 21:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HTC has warned consumers not to purchase grey market versions of its new flagship Touch Diamond device from online retailer eXpansys.

The Touch Diamond, which will not begin shipping in the UK until the end of the month, is currently being sold by eXpansys for £494.95.

A spokeswoman for HTC said: ‘If customers buy their device through eXpansys they won’t be supported, it will have nothing in terms of manufacturer warranty.’

S O U R C E

[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2008-06-10 14:05 ]
soulsaber
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 04:33
I wouldn't buy for that price! That is like the most expensive online.
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 13:44
expansys response

Warranty on the Diamond (found in their HTC Touch Diamond Support Forum)

The units are WWE and have full manufacturers warranty, eXpansys will handle any warranty repairs on your behalf as eXpansys would with any other HTC device
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 13:45
thats means HTC are still not sure about the reliability of their devices..
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-10 14:12
HTC has backtracked on its comments yesterday to Pocket-lint about supporting customers who’ve bought a non UK version of the new HTC diamond.

“HTC will always support the consumer and their device but what’s important is that consumers know that devices are region specific and that to receive the full customer experience, the device bought needs to be relevant for the region they are in. To ensure this, consumers can acquire their HTC Touch Diamond through our trusted distribution network”

On Monday the Taiwanese company had said that any device bought through Expansys would not be covered by Warranty or come with HTC qualified support, in particular pointing towards Expansys in the UK who had imported phones from a different region to beat the official release in the UK.

The company has also moved to quash rumours that the new handset won’t be available until July.

In an interview with Pocket-lint Florian Seiche, VP of HTC Europe told us that the HTC diamond is shipping in the UK now and be available everywhere before the end of the month.
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-11 01:10
expansys conduct has been petty and underhand to say the least. all because they lost the distro deal to brightpoint.
i sent mine back to them on the very principal that i won't do business or give my money to con artists.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi