Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Diamond

Author Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Diamond
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 00:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@WhyBe

I would of thought being in the US you would of realised just how few devices SE sells there but obviously you don't and yes SE are 4th or maybe 5th now and dropping but in the states they have virtually no sales or presence and that is a fact not conjecture. Which is why they are going to try and target the states with a version of the X1 just for it.

If you really can't understand the difference between purchasing a $100 pink cellphone and $1000 smart phone there really is just no hope for you. After this post i give up as it's just pointless wasting my time with you, as obviously you believe you know it all despite what any one else tries to point out to you.

More information has been mentioned over @MR suffice to say it mentions further delays to the X1 so you might have to wait till Oct/November for the X1 due to SW problems.

But for now you really can believe what ever you want as obviously it has nothing to do with reality so good luck with that, i just hope your not to badly disappointed eventually.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-20 23:17 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 00:33
@Dogmann, why didn't you read the link in my previous post regarding market share???

You X1 haters (you know who you are ) are full of emotion and no verifiable facts. The name calling and personal attacks are evidence of how weak your arguments are.

However, I'm sure you guys are great individuals

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-20 23:56 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 00:47
@aksd: I dont care about your posts in other threads. When u post in off topic stuff in a thread and u cant back it up u are trolling in the thread.

About me saying "trolling the forum", I was talking about this thread not your entire posting history ffs, sry you took it that way.

As far as you PM goes, I dont care you invented cam and acoustics modding and if you call me a stupid moron again I will... I will... I won't do a shit about it because you mean shit to me, u got it.

@Dogmann: What is the name of this thread?
It's "Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Diamond" not "Sony Ericsson (HTC) X1" and it isnt the Official X1 thread either.

So what he is talking about don't belong in this thread, hence he is trolling this thread.
Drz Daddy
W880 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-21 03:09
ooo I dont know X1 come with Winmo...

but i like the diamond ...

I ma PSP

[ This Message was edited by: Drz Daddy on 2008-05-22 18:30 ]
lolcito
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 03:24
I like the X1 !!!

Yo mi K850
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 03:29
@aksd:

On 2008-05-20 15:46:50, aksd wrote:
Check your sources, SE did the design HTC did the R&D, SE do not have required licensces to do R&D on WM

Todd Warren of Microsoft specifically states they worked with . Was he lying or something?

Watch the video interview at the bottom of this link. He addresses this within the first minute and discusses further at 2:10.

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-21 02:53 ]
nikolat
K510
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-21 07:18

On 2008-05-21 03:09:15, Drz Daddy wrote:
Winmo always comes with a lot of programs, facilities and a diversity of utilities. However, UIQ does not have that advance yet...

so i like the diamond ...

Both of the devices are WMobile...
Humble
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 08:28
I am a little concerned about the extensive 3d UI utilised in the Xperia,
Would this comprised opening apps, HTC Diamond uses 192Mb Ram,
I assume when in the Windows mobile enviroment there be enough free memory that wil result in a much faster response time, (stating the obvious)
They shouldave atleast doubled the Ram to 256Mb i would pay the extra 100 pounds serious, Is it shoddy programming, I noticed that the iphone apps opens very fast, btw I dont own an iphone, thats the only things that holding me back, I may wait for the touch pro or raphael, but the only thing that puts me off with the new htc Phones is the glossy finish i cant see jack in the bright of day, resulting me to be a night walker lol
clobar
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 08:32
In that case, sonyericsson dosn't do any R&D on any of their phones. They buy all their hardware platform from Ericsson. Isn't this the same as buying a platform from HTC?

If that is what you mean then i agree that SE dosn't do any R&D. But this is the case with most phone-manufactures..

On 2008-05-20 19:39:50, aksd wrote:
What exactly does that proove, did'nt you read my above post? SE did'nt need to do R&D on the phone as its already prepared by HTC, only the built in software requires testing, the platform is ready.

BTW I see no proof of any R&D done on the phone from those links, only that SE have released the phones and released the whitepapers which they have to do. Nothing special in that.

Me, a troll, thats hillarious. Why dont you just look at a few of my previous posts, compare them to yours and see who has contributed more to the SE community. Its one thing to blindly follow, its another when you analyize and after having worked in the industry know whats happening where.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-05-20 18:49 ]
rontysee
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 08:54
@ All people against X1
Have u seen the exclusive detailed review of xperia by benbalboy?
http://www.bengalboy.com/modu[....]d7372ad31d6c1bfc6fcd5cce24e85e
I hope most of your doubts will be cleared and u all will realize the true potential of X1.
BTW, u'll find that X1 has abt 89mb of free RAM which is enough for any type of multi-tasking.
And why are you all favouring the Diamond so much? It has so many weaknesses
1 no keyboard
2 no card slot
3 only 900mah battery
4 4:3 aspect ratio(not at all gud for watching movies)
5 Low standard camera without flash

Now tell me how can this be better than X1
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 09:16

On 2008-05-21 08:54:40, rontysee wrote:
@ All people against X1...And why are you all favouring the Diamond so much? It has so many weaknesses...

Actually, I suspect they don't like the Diamond or Raphael either, instead they just hate . They want so bad for a manufacturer, other than , to make a phone superior to the X1.

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-21 08:22 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 09:54
The X1 white paper says it has 256MB of SDRAM (for program execution?) and 512MB of Flash (for programs and OS?). Can someone please explain how the X1 RAM is divided up?

I keep hearing things like 128MB RAM and less. Can someone verify if the whitepaper has the proper numbers?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 13:13
Oh dear WhyBe

Now appears it you can't even read properly as it quite clearly says 128mb SDRAM which is the operating Ram to run your programs in. The 500mb is storage with up to 400mb free for the user to store things in and this is expandable via a SDHC card slot.

which is what is says here from on Page 4 of the white paper

Memory capacity is up to 400 MB
internally and includes slot for microSD™ card.

It then goes on to say on Page 17 in full detail

Memory (built-in)
Phone memory that is free to use (depending on software
configuration/file content). Many applications share phone
memory. The maximum amount of storage available for
any one application, such as calendar entries, is affected
by the amount of memory used by other applications,
such as messaging, music, pictures and so on
Up to 400 MB

Now later on on page 21 under General Technical Data it says.

Memory NAND Flash 512MB
SDRAM 128MB

Now if you really don't understand the difference between RAM and storage memory i think you should give up now whilst you still have some dignity left. As sorry but no where in the whole 39 pages of the SE white paper does it mention 256mb SDRAM which is Ram not storage memory. So the White paper has it right but you don't!!

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-21 12:16 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 14:28
@Dogmann: Thanks for your long-winded re-explanation of my previous post Go buy yourself a beer, on me, to get that foot taste out of your mouth

@Everybody and the Haters:
THE X1 WHITE PAPER HAS BEEN REVISED!!! AS OF 5-16-08

256MB SDRAM now.

All others BOW DOWN to the X1

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-21 13:51 ]
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 15:37
...my IQ fell down few points after reading this thread...

This message was posted from a WAP device
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi