Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Diamond

Author Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Diamond
Jabe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 14:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-05-20 10:49:57, aksd wrote:
The only area where the X1 trumps the diamond is with the card slot. But the Raphael has the card slot as well as a better keypad, more keys, with 192MB RAM and TV Out. Now how is the X1 better than HTCs offerings spec wise?

Am I the only one who cares about battery? I'm fed up with "multimedia" phones (and I don't know what the other proper terms of "superiority" there are) which actually do play all sorts of formats and are able to record in them as well, but you can't really afford to use it unless you are charging your phone at the same time. You are able to watch a 2h movie in superior quality to other phones, but only for an hour and a half.

I really like Diamond design wise, but therre are three reasons I prefer X1 inspite being ugly in comparison:
1. screen resolution (not so important but very welcomed)
2. keyboard
3. battery
Keyboard and battery are not negotiable. I will reconsider HTC if they fix these shortcomings in another phone (perhaps Raphael, but we'll have to wait and see) which would be released about at the same time as X1. Knowing SE that gives them plenty of time.

[ This Message was edited by: Jabe on 2008-05-20 13:20 ]
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 14:20

On 2008-05-20 14:12:53, aksd wrote:

On 2008-05-20 14:05:27, WhyBe wrote:
In the specs in the link in my post above, it says Raphael has 128MB RAM.

I guess we'll have to wait for the official specs.

aksd:
The X1 is at a disadvatage with the WVGA screen as the number of apps you'd get will be far fewer for WVGA as there is only 1 other phone using that screen size. VGA is more mainstream. I prefer more apps, to a wider screen, and so do most logically thinking people who buy WM phones.

Your logic ^here^ is hilarious

My logic? you dear sir are a bufoon . VGA apps written in native WILL NOT work on a WVGA screen(however .NET apps should work). VGA is mainstream, WVGA is not. It seems your post is aimed at just trying to make yourself feel better.

Just because you like the X1 does'nt make it the best phone spec wise

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-05-20 13:13 ]

He likes the X1 because its shiny and pretty, he just said that. Its the same reason why 99% of the people use SE. Shiny & pretty. Wow what a reason to get X1.
dayz
K700
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 14:43

On 2008-05-19 14:17:40, WhyBe wrote:
HTC is going to need to help them in designing a phone to compete with X1

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-19 14:26 ]

lol.. i think you need to do some more research work regarding about this matter...

HTC is the one made the xperia for sonyericsson.. not the other way around
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 14:49
aksd:
My logic? you dear sir are a bufoon . VGA apps written in native WILL NOT work on a WVGA screen(however .NET apps should work). VGA is mainstream, WVGA is not....

I guess I'll just have to stick with the apps that are being made for the X1 through Handango InHand and all of the built in apps. The only third party app I would like immediately is a call manager, then after that, I'll choose from what looks useful and stable.

To move things along, after the Raphael turns up limp, what is the next contender to the X1 throne?

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-21 02:14 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:11
@WhyBe

Guess what i also loved my P910 as did nearly everyone that was fortunate to own one and it was a true SE Flagship something that since then they haven't been able to replicate. Which is why there are so many SE/UIQ users and ex users around most of would still love to see SE return to this type of flagship product so many of us could return.

Many thought it would be an UIQ device already with us by now others had decided to go with the X1 but as more and more info has emerged about the lacking Multimedia and the fact SE are having serious problems with the panels that means what they promised may not appear.

Plus the slew of alternative and if not better equal devices being launched first by other manufactures there potential market continues to shrink. There base of loyal fans that will just buy SE is also shrinking as many move to other manufactures so if as is usual SE is more expensive than others just who is going to buy these devices then? Obviously not enough people to make then roaring successes or generate huge profits both of which is what SE desperately needs.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-20 14:11 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:26
@Dogmann
I keep reading on here all this info on having problems with the panels. It's BS to me because there are no legitimate sources for this rumour as far as I've seen.

announced the X1 to be available in the 2nd half and they wanted to give time for developers to have content ready for the device. So far, they seem on schedule to me. So, are you saying X1 won't be out until next year? Can you confirm this?

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-21 02:20 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:43

On 2008-05-20 14:43:25, dayz wrote:

They just manufactured it. SE did all the R&D.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:46

On 2008-05-20 15:43:18, NightBlade wrote:

Check your sources, SE did the design HTC did the R&D, SE do not have required licensces to do R&D on WM or Qualcomm processors. SE have basically out sourced the X1 as they do not have the resources to create a handset with X1 specs.
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:55

On 2008-05-20 15:46:50, aksd wrote:

On 2008-05-20 15:43:18, NightBlade wrote:

Check your sources, SE did the design HTC did the R&D, SE do not have required licensces to do R&D on WM or Qualcomm processors. SE have basically out sourced the X1 as they do not have the resources to create a handset with X1 specs.

Give me a official or HTC source then confirming that HTC did the R&D for the X1
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 16:01
Give me an offical source that states SE has done R&D on the X1 . WM is not SE's domain, and when HTC is given an out sourced product all developments are in house. Eg: O2, imate etc.

SE basically have designed the phone with HTC engineers and worked on the panels other apps in house. Hardware and WM implementation requires no R&D on SE's part as HTC are using a tried and tested platfrom used on most of their other models. Basically there was no R&D required on SEs part, anyone interested or following WM can see that.
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 19:13

On 2008-05-20 16:01:43, aksd wrote:
Give me an offical source that states SE has done R&D on the X1 . WM is not SE's domain, and when HTC is given an out sourced product all developments are in house. Eg: O2, imate etc.

SE basically have designed the phone with HTC engineers and worked on the panels other apps in house. Hardware and WM implementation requires no R&D on SE's part as HTC are using a tried and tested platfrom used on most of their other models. Basically there was no R&D required on SEs part, anyone interested or following WM can see that.

Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X1 Press release
Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X1 White paper

If you don't have ANY proof of HTC having something more to do with the X1 than landing the ODM order for it, I suggest you stop trolling the forum.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 19:39
What exactly does that proove, did'nt you read my above post? SE did'nt need to do R&D on the phone as its already prepared by HTC, only the built in software requires testing, the platform is ready.

BTW I see no proof of any R&D done on the phone from those links, only that SE have released the phones and released the whitepapers which they have to do. Nothing special in that.

Me, a troll, thats hillarious. Why dont you just look at a few of my previous posts, compare them to yours and see who has contributed more to the SE community. Its one thing to blindly follow, its another when you analyize and after having worked in the industry know whats happening where.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-05-20 18:49 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 20:32
So I guess we are to conclude that , in the consumer's eyes, will get all of the credit for HTC's flagship product? That X1 box in the store is going to say all over it, not, "Really made by HTC." HTC will establish themselves as the company who makes the high-end smartphones, "...almost as good as the X1."

Sure HTC is earning from the manufacture of the device, but, will gain the coveted brand recognition for the name. So has HTC sold their soul?

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-20 20:17 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 22:29
Hi WhyBe

I'm sure they will well every other SE fan boy like you will do, but do you really think the majority of people that are going to buy a premium WM product are actually that dumb when spending there money on a premium priced product?

Or do you really believe they'll just all rush to by it because it has an SE badge? and won't have a clue of any of the similar specified and cheaper priced products from HTC or available from the other manufactures? Just how big a presence do you think SE has in the US compared to HTC? as i am willing to bet HTC is not only better known for it's devices but has sales figures SE currently can only dream of.

As we are not talking about just simple phones people that tend to buy these sort of devices know very well what they want and what else is available and don't just buy it because it is nice and shiny and has an SE badge. They do the sensible thing and check spec's and pricing before deciding which device is best for them.

I think you will also find despite what you think SE doesn't have this amazing image and presence in the market it only has it within it's already existing and shrinking fan base. As shown but it's drop in position and profits of late why not do the sensible thing and wait until it's actually released and then you can see just how good it is or not, and just how it is priced. Instead of insisting it is going to be the greatest WM device ever based on an SE badge.

@S4k1s

Do you actually know what a troll is? or is that just your new word for the day?

As it appears Askd at least knows what he is talking about and far from trolling is just trying to explain why so many assumptions being made are wrong. Just how is that trolling then?

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-20 21:30 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 23:51
Just how big a presence do you think SE has in the US compared to HTC? as i am willing to bet HTC is not only better known for it's devices but has sales figures SE currently can only dream of.

What are you smoking??? It appears to me, SE is a top manufacturer by market share worldwide.

A phone being pretty and shiny is just as valid a reason to buy a phone as for it's features, software and specs. Why do you think they sell so many pink cell phones to teenage girls? So if I can get an all powerful phone with it's own custom software (X1 w/Handango software) AND it's pretty and shiny, AND it's the most spec'ed out, then that's all the better for me if that's what I'm looking for in a phone. Whatever phone comes out in the future that is worlds better than the X1, then I will become a fanboy of that phone (whether it be Nokia, Motorola, or Fisher-Price doesn't matter to me). Until then, X1 is it. p910 for me, was it--Kyocera before that and Moto v60 before that.

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-20 23:14 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi