Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Diamond

Author Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Diamond
Vipera ammodytes
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-19 23:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I do hope you haven't missed the fact the X1 being called a Multimedia power house only does 30fps VGA in 3Gp and only 15fps VGA in H.264 and that's just for Europe. The X1's for the US which is where i believe SE sees it's target market and wants to break with this device has no H.264 support at all.

you record movies for cinema with your phone????

you are so boooring, in every your post you mention video codecs and extensions....
OnePlus 8
Humble
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 00:31
Why do People always Argue Cry,Scream and Shout curses at each other on the Forums, Its funny to be honest, Feelings are hurt and the Rage that they exhibit is nothing less than a smouldering screaling Forest Wart Hog bolting hysterically out of a blazing forest fire,
Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Humble on 2008-05-19 23:32 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 01:56
Because they need some SE_X1
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 02:08
Hi Vipera ammoydtes,

Ah what's a matter then has the truth upset you then and i only pointed it out because everyone is happy to call it a Multimedia powerhouse. Which by the way it just isn't i haven't said anything that is untrue it's just the facts.

But i know SE don't have it so it's either not important or rubbish isn't it yet again.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-20 01:09 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 04:33
@Vipera

When the phone is marketed as a multimedia and all round device good video playback as well as recording is taken for granted. The X1 is one such phone. If codecs as such do not interest you, nor will the X1. You can stick to the A200 platform where I'm sure you will be most happy. The industry as a whole wants to move forward and not backwards in terms of technology, and just because you dont use it does'nt mean the target market of the X1 wont use it.

@NightBlade

I use a TyTn II, now basically SE do not have a Qualcomm licence, so whatever is on the X1 wrt the drivers is what HTC has put in there. Its pointless to argue of X1 vs Diamond because firstly they're not in the same league and secondly they're made by the same company. Every X1 sold generates a profit for HTC as well as SE. And as fa as HTC goes, its aknown fact that the HTC competitior to the X1 is a little superior to it and it will be announced in the coming months.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 05:09

On 2008-05-20 04:33:35, aksd wrote:
...And as fa as HTC goes, its aknown fact that the HTC competitior to the X1 is a little superior to it and it will be announced in the coming months.

Yeah, as soon as they figure out how to design it better than the X1...

Is this the Raphael??? Certainly HTC should have learned something about design from

Once more, All others BOW DOWN to X1

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-20 09:14 ]
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 07:03

On 2008-05-19 22:06:16, Dogmann wrote:

Unfortunately just because SE says a device will be Multimedia power house or anything else really doesn't mean it is or will be.

This is so true. Same hold for the Cybershot label. All 5Mp from SE produce such bad photos that they do not deserve the label. But hey, this is SE marketing ploy to rope in all the gullible SE fanboys.

Also the panels app that they are now having problems with is going to use huge amounts of Ram. At least HTC have 192mb of Ram on the Diamond and i would imagine the same on Raphael the true X1 competitor so as to accommodate the 3D Touch Flow UI.

I read somewhere that Diamond with its 192Mb has about 90Mb free RAM after boot with Touchflo 3D loaded. That's 100Mb used. So assuming X1 panels is as efficient as TouchFLo 3D then X1 will have a ridiculous 28MB free RAM after boot. No wonder SE is having trouble. SE fans should get ready that the X1 panels functionality will be chopped down to barebones.

I know you are a great fan of SE and seem to believe everything they do is always the best just a shame they don't deliver on their promise. But until the X1 arrives no one can be sure just how good it will be or not so only time will tell.

I for one is more pessimistic. The X1 being SE first WM, I do not have any confidence that X1 can hold up to its promise (just like P990). I also dont see it even coming close to what HTC has to offer. Who would want to wait for X1 when the Diamond will be available soon.

aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 10:19

On 2008-05-20 05:09:07, WhyBe wrote:

Yeah, as soon as they figure out how to design it...

Is this the Raphael??? Certainly HTC should have learned something about design from the X1...

Once more All others BOW DOWN

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-20 05:42 ]

These are not style handsets and many would still agree the diamond has far more "Oomph!" than the X1. If you look carefully the Raphael has another extra line of keys than the X1, making typing easier to an extent. But since this is only speculation, lets wait till Raphael is launched.

I faintly remember your previous posts touting the X1 as the most advanced WM phone or something along those lines , now its design is it? Design is subjective, I personally prefer the Diamond type design with straight lines, looks classier in my opinion. But usually at that price point in the smartphone market specs take precedence over looks, not that looks dont matter, its just that the specs take priority.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 10:31
aksd wrote:
...I faintly remember your previous posts touting the X1 as the most advanced WM phone or something along those lines , now its design is it? Design is subjective, I personally prefer the Diamond type design with straight lines, looks classier in my opinion. But usually at that price point in the smartphone market specs take precedence over looks, not that looks dont matter, its just that the specs take priority.

I was always refering to specs AND design. Yes design is subjective, but, as far as I'm concerned, plastic will never be more appealing than metal and chrome accents. To me, X1 wins in looks for me. I can understand peoples attraction to the Diamond design though.

Spec-wise, both HTCs fall slightly short of the X1 though all three seem basically built on the same hardware platform.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 10:47
@WhyBe

Care to enlighten us as to how you managed to reach that conclusion remembering of course the Diamond is not the X1 competitor that is Raphael. So the 2.8" screen and 4GB of fixed memory are not correct.

As last time i check 192mb of Ram is much better than 128mb especially when you are trying to run an Ram intensive UI over WM such as the Panels or the 3D Touch Flow.

Or are all assumptions made on the fact it's shiny and from SE so it must be the best?

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-20 09:47 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 10:49
Falling short of the X1?

You're kidding me right? You sure you can read?

The Diamond has 192MB RAM with 128MB RAM on the X1.

The X1 is at a disadvatage with the WVGA screen as the number of apps you'd get will be far fewer for WVGA as there is only 1 other phone using that screen size. VGA is more mainstream. I prefer more apps, to a wider screen, and so do most logically thinking people who buy WM phones.

The only area where the X1 trumps the diamond is with the card slot. But the Raphael has the card slot as well as a better keypad, more keys, with 192MB RAM and TV Out. Now how is the X1 better than HTCs offerings spec wise?

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-05-20 09:51 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 12:57

On 2008-05-20 10:49:57, aksd wrote:
But the Raphael has the card slot as well as a better keypad, more keys, with 192MB RAM and TV Out.

And you're sure about that... how?
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 13:16
HTC insider info/rumours imo . A lot of people have mentioned the same, quite a few websites quote the same specs. But it is quite possible and most probably true.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-05-20 12:20 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 14:05
In the specs in the link in my post above, it says Raphael has 128MB RAM.

I guess we'll have to wait for the official specs.

aksd:
The X1 is at a disadvatage with the WVGA screen as the number of apps you'd get will be far fewer for WVGA as there is only 1 other phone using that screen size. VGA is more mainstream. I prefer more apps, to a wider screen, and so do most logically thinking people who buy WM phones.

Your logic ^here^ is hilarious

@Dogmann
And yes I like the X1 because it is shiny and pretty and made it. They made my p910 that I've been using for 3 years now. The X1 is the first phone to me that seems worthy to replace it.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 14:12

On 2008-05-20 14:05:27, WhyBe wrote:
In the specs in the link in my post above, it says Raphael has 128MB RAM.

I guess we'll have to wait for the official specs.

aksd:

Your logic ^here^ is hilarious

My logic? you dear sir are a bufoon . VGA apps written in native WILL NOT work on a WVGA screen(however .NET apps should work). VGA is mainstream, WVGA is not. It seems your post is aimed at just trying to make yourself feel better.

Just because you like the X1 does'nt make it the best phone spec wise

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-05-20 13:13 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi