Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson continues to invest for future growth

Author Sony Ericsson continues to invest for future growth
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-07 03:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
do u have nokia services in nz?
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Mige
T610
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 03:47
good idea... continues to invest for future [addsig]
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 22:18
@carkitter,
sony ericsson does not even provide new zealanders with an official/exclusive/authorized se service/repair centre & you are still hanging on to the se bandwagon & trying your best to hold the se flag high?
incorrect, i do not hate se, why should i? hate is too strong an emotion.
it's not me hijacking this/any thread but it's just that you yourself state the de-merits of se & at the same time sing their praises which i am finding very funny.
in my part of the world we do not even touch a product unless the company has a fully functional authorized local service centre.
unlike you i like to be taken seriously by companies i spend money on & not to be taken for a ride like se is doing with gullible new zealanders like yourself.
my heartiest sympathies. [addsig]
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-28 03:15

On 2008-05-07 03:47:52, Mige wrote:
good idea... continues to invest for future

Hmmm, I think you should wait for the second quarter results (to be released on the 18th of next month), before making the above statement. I personaly thing - they should invest for survival. In the first quarter they fell below LG,let's hope they won't fall behind Alcatel after the 2nd
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-28 10:52
@ftyk
AFAIK SE doesn't even sell phones in NZ. VodafoneNZ (our only GSM operator until Nov) gets all its SE phones from an international broker and the only other alternative is unofficial grey imports. SE only have a small admin and marketing centre here which 'authorises waranty repairs'. The website sonyericsson.co.nz is maintained from offshore and therefore is often inaccurate. This is the way it is: Vodafone runs the show and considering that they use Nokia-Siemens Networks to build thier infrastucture, guess who commands the largest share of the NZ market.

How that makes me or any other NZer gullible I don't know. Since you know NOTHING about the NZ market please refrain from the negative comments!

@mario
SE are still not in trouble even though the poor high end sales have affected thier mid range too. New models coming soon will improve matters I believe. However, all manufacturers will be affected by Apple's strategy of Network subsidies - people just won't accept high (unsubsidised) prices for multimedia/smart phones, plus closing down UIQ will cost SE and Motorola millions, just as setting up the Symbian foundation will cost Nokia.

The increased R&D is already showing benefits with phones such as C-series, G-series, F-series and S-series and series has never been better with phones like W760, W890, W910, W980. And the X1 is still to arrive.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 21:42
@carkitter,
read my post again.
my -ve comments, if any, are in regards to sony ericsson & not new zealand/new zealanders/new zealand's market.
do not try to give my words a false twist!!!
being "gullible" is no way -ve/insulting/defaming.
esato is a forum & forums are meant for comments & opinions & any which ways i fail to see your authority on esato to ask me from refraining anything.
btw, after reading your above post it seems more like a matter of beggars can't be choosers, lol. [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi