Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson continues to invest for future growth

Author Sony Ericsson continues to invest for future growth
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-28 11:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
well ... than SE is completely right for selling half-finished products ... I was delusional, sorry ... we can only hope that Nokia declare bankrupcy then and we are good for #1 !

This message was posted from a WAP device
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-28 11:22
I've been saying it for more then a year.
If SE doesn't bring back the Ericsson way of thinking they would start losing.
My personal ultimate deadline passed, and i have moved passed SE.
I find it sad for Ericsson since they'll start losing money with SE during the next Q's and years.
I myself have now become a Motorola user. Those phones have improved alot over the years, and now that the Razr's hype is over, we are seeing some nice new things.

SE should think about splitting right now. Otherwize they'll end up like Ericsson when they made phones. I don't blaim Ericsson for that, because they they made some very good working prototypes that were more advanced then SE's phones today. Back then it was all about innovation. And the lack of intrestest on the markt killed them. Now the lack of innovation is killing SE.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-04-28 12:47
After 10 long years with Ericsson/Sony Ericsson I've also moved on and got myself a Moto v8 this year.

So I also contributed to SE's misery . Oops, wait a minute, I also bought from troubled Moto .

Anyway, I agree with you bart ( as always) that Ericsson's experience and expertise are invaluable. I still have those Ericssons on my signature and in excellent working condition with the exception of the R600 that seems to be needing fw upgrade.

The facts are that people are fed up wit SE and are not going to take it lying down anymore. I'm not going to repeat what's been said but the major points for me are their implementation and handling of UIQ, the walkman that has become mediocre, the cybershot that isn't matching the competition ( ok, it's the first time SE has been dethroned in that area but...) and lastly the crappy build quality. My moto V8 is simply SUPERB, nothing from SE can touch it including the w880, t650 or the w890.

Granted, it is the first quarter and a bit too early to really raise the alarm bells but these are warning signs to SE to swim or sink.

I love SE and am still looking to raplace my P910i cause I use two lines and one has to be a smartphone.The X1 has attracted my attention but if it turns out not to be as stable then I've got my sights on Nokia.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-28 16:22
@EMS06: i'm sure Motorola will be introducing some touchscreen UIQ smartphones this year.
So instead of going to nokia and losing the touchscreen, you might want to consider a UIQ device.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-04-28 18:26
That's actually not such a bad idea. I'll wait and see what moto has up its sleeves.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-04-28 22:00
@carkitter,
the bl-5c battery issue that you have mentioned is incompetence on the part of the company to whom nokia had outsourced the manufacturing of the particular battery.
on the other hand the grievances that theos has mentioned with various high end se handsets are all mostly firmware related issues.
i don't think se outsources firmware now does it? [addsig]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-29 11:43
Was the battery issue solely the fault of the contracted party? I wouldn't know.
I do know that the phones I own have VodafoneNZ firmware which I doubt other Esato members have, and that I seldom have any firmware issues. Any I do have, I get fixed under warranty, and I'm satisfied with that. In fact my V640i is away for warranty repair as we speak but that doesn't concern me at all.

I don't know where you source your handsets from and what regional variations your firmware has, whether you buy on the first day of release or some months later, so I am not going to go round in circles defending why I like SE phones and being accused of having my loyalties 'bought' with cheap/free phones. I'm happy to see SE are investing heavily in future products because I'll cetainly be buying them.

I'll leave the Moto products to others - I'd have to sacrifice too much of what I really like to use. I agree with the comments on the build quality though, V8 is beautiful to hold.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-04-30 20:23
@carkitter,
totally smitten by se, aren't you?.
you are singing praises of se & at the same time making rounds of the voda/se service centre.
talk about loyalties. [addsig]
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 01:10

On 2008-04-30 20:23:33, @ftyk wrote:
@carkitter,
totally smitten by se, aren't you?.
you are singing praises of se & at the same time making rounds of the voda/se service centre.
talk about loyalties.

SE customers have always liked frequent trips to the service centres.
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-05-02 07:44
@brightspark,
i guess that's why they make walk...man phones?
johnny walk...er on the rocks might ease the commute to the se shop.
happy walking. [addsig]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 03:36
@ftyk
Yeah, I am totaly smitten I didn't know that was a bad thing.

I used to be smitten with Philips phones until they dropped off the radar. I had 2 Ozeo's and an Azalis before my K700i.

And the V640i came back from the authorised service centre looking like it had been through a blender. Some ham-fisted technician botched the job severely. It's gone back again with a strongly worded letter...
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 05:58
@carkitter,
& you still ♥ sony ericsson™.
is that correct? [addsig]
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-06 06:06
I hope SE is investing into the future. I like to see get more marketshare and surpass LG.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 10:52

On 2008-05-03 05:58:48, @ftyk wrote:
@carkitter,
& you still ♥ sony ericsson™.
is that correct?

It's not SE's fault the job was botched, it's the repairers fault.
And I don't "do the rounds" of SE service centres. I rarely have a problem with my phones considering how much I use them.

Considering the way you've hijacked this thread, one could say YOU hate SE... correct?
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 03:41
^^^ Yeah, SE doesn't do the repairs in New Zealand. We have repair companies which repair all brands.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi