Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-shot discussion

Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 424344  Next
Author Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-shot discussion
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-13 18:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Here ya go

Pictures taken with my T650

First pic shows the C902 on top of its box along with the Sony 4gb M2 that o2 put with the phone

The rest show a comparison between the W910, C902 and the G502

I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
dcbastable
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 00:12
Finally got my C902 today and i have to say that allthough i think it is an improvement over the K850i, i'm still a bit dissapointed about the overal picture quality. I just feel that it is what the K850i should have been at launch last autumn and is therefore not cutting edge. It's better than the N95 that i had but the pictures don't take my breath away like when i first got my K800i. I'm also dissapointed at the lack of an M2 card. I bought mine sim free from CPW and was told that they only supply M2 cards when you take out a new contract.
'We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 00:18
I was also suprised not to find at least a 256mb memory card in the box.Good job O2 are offering a 4gb one with the phone.

This message was posted from a C902
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-14 00:55
I've been playing with the phone quite a bit today, but the biggest test for me was seeing how slow it operates when using stereo Bluetooth. Since the K850/W910, right up to the W890, all the new platform handsets have been AWFUL (even with successive firmware upates).

I am presuming the C902 has a faster clock speed or different processor, because it's faster anyway - but more importantly - it doesn't slow down hardly at all when streaming music. So, you can now play music through headphones or a home speaker system and use the phone without cursing. The media player is quicker too, and I've got one of the brand new high-speed SanDisk cards (8GB) and it's just fine.

The only test left to do is to see if video can play with the sound in sync, with or without Bluetooth audio. If it passes that test, it's going to be the best non-smartphone Sony Ericsson ever (at least until the new kit is unveiled on Tuesday!).

Finally, the flash is very bright, but only at short range, which means it isn't as good as Xenon - but certainly better than I thought (and MUCH better than it was in prototype form). I can't find the torch feature though, which is odd when you can use the LED for video recording.

(Oh, and as for the memory card, well why would you want a paltry 256 or 512MB card? It would just get binned. Far more sensible to ship with no card and then you can buy (or get bundled) a decent sized card like 2, 4 or 8GB. It's just like any digital camera these days)

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2008-06-13 23:59 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 00:59
I think this phone is ugly and looks like nothing new from SonyEricsson. I still stand by the N82 as the best.
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-14 01:05
The N82 is an excellent phone, don't get me wrong, but it's not very good looking (the black one is better, mind).

You really must see the C902 in the flesh. Although I originally said I thought the G900 would be better (and I might still think that when I get it), the final production model is solid.

However, the biggest improvement is the updated UI that is smoother and faster than before. Obviously it's not a smartphone, but it still does pretty much everything you could want.

When I sat on the train tonight using Opera Mini (but the built-in browser is excellent too) to check some pages, while listening to music with my wireless headphones and adjusting the volume on my Bluetooth watch (what a geek!), I thought about what I'd be missing out on if I got a 3G iPhone next month!!

That's why I like the C902 a lot more than I thought. It's about far more than just imaging.

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2008-06-14 00:06 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 02:40
Johnathan Morris i always buy What Mobile great mag.
Spyra
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 05:56
N82 is a great phone, but its too ugly and too thick....

if only they had a new designer and made is like 13mm thick with a touch screen.....G900 would fall flat on its face
MrLee
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 19:28
Just got this phone today, can you actually change the messgae alert to anything other than the factory ones? I can't find a 'set as message alert' or an option to change to anything other than 'Message Alert #'

Have I missed a very obvious option?

Oh, and hi!
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 19:32
Scroll down past the default message alerts and you will find what your looking for at the bottom of the menu
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
MrLee
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 19:49
I did that, all I have in that menu is No sound, then Click, then Message alert 1 through 6, then Magenta. No option to pick an mp3 from the Media list
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-14 20:49
The last one can be changed (the left hand soft key changes to say 'Replace').

It's a little confusing and I'm surprised SE hasn't made it much more obvious, especially as you can't then play the custom tone to preview it!

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2008-06-14 19:50 ]
MrLee
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-06-14 23:36
Changed it!!! Took a load of pics with it today. Video quality is excellent IMO. Very pleased with it (even more so now my only minor quibble has been resolved).

The keypad is going to take some getting used to I think.
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-15 01:07
A couple of days and I'm sure you'll be used to it.

The C902 does seem to be going back to the good old days, where everything is done right.. although I'd have liked the return of a play/pause button on the side (even though all the buttons have to be low down on account of the sliding bit).

While we can argue that the 5MP sensor isn't great, this phone has so many other improvements that I think we can finally say the K800/K810 has found its true replacement.

I'm excited about the 8MP phone to be announced next week, but I do think this is an ideal form factor and the slider design may not work as well.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
hwars
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-06-15 01:20
@MrLee
And not to forget that now you can make custom msg alert for specified contact too.. An improvement from new A200 platform..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 424344  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic