Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-shot discussion

Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 424344  Next
Author Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-shot discussion
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-11 21:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Good news folks. Carphone Warehouse had the C902 in store as of today (11th June) Went into the Newcastle Under Lyme branch at 3pm and they had only 2 handsets delivered while I was in there.
Spoke to the sales bloke who let me have a play with one and he tried to demo it for me. Ended up showing him as he couldn't get the camera to open. Numpty hadn't removed the protective screen cover before trying
Slide feels very easy to open. A bit too easy imo.
The C902 is quite light to hold. Screen is ok as far as I can tell. Quite clear. Buttons are very good to use.

So...If your due an upgrade. You've now got 2 places. 3Uk or Carphone Warehouse.
For those on O2 Select however. Carphone Warehouse will not upgrade you (I tried) as they dont recognise the early upgrade the O2 Select customers can have.
Carphone Warehouse said it was O2 that were not allowing them to perform the upgrade.
I spoke to O2 about this and they said that they should have upgraded me with no problems. However. Some stores (including some O2 stores) will not upgrade O2 select customers as they are not authorized to do so

While on the phone to O2 CC. The rather nice person on the other end told me that O2 actually have the C902 in 3 days ago and have now sold out. They're having another delivery tonight and handsets will be going out as of tomorrow with those who pre ordered the C902 receiving their handsets on Friday 13th June between 8am and 9pm.

While on the phone I:-

Got the C902 for free,
free 4GB memory card,
free gold insurance,
free unlimited internet access

on a 12 month contract with my new upgrade date as the 13th March 2009
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
dodgydodgy
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-12 07:48
What price/month did they quote you?

Mine is arriving today from CS - so some others who pre-ordered should also get theirs today.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-12 10:21

On 2008-06-12 07:48:43, dodgydodgy wrote:
What price/month did they quote you?

I'm staying on my existing O2 tariff so there was no quote.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Dionasaurus
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-12 12:23
So... how's about that C905 then..?

... damn, I hate how fast techy devices upgrade.

But I thought the '5' in C905 meant it would be a clamshell form?
dualist
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-06-12 16:17

On 2008-06-11 21:45:15, Rookwise wrote:
For those on O2 Select however. Carphone Warehouse will not upgrade you (I tried) as they dont recognise the early upgrade the O2 Select customers can have.
Carphone Warehouse said it was O2 that were not allowing them to perform the upgrade.
I spoke to O2 about this and they said that they should have upgraded me with no problems. However. Some stores (including some O2 stores) will not upgrade O2 select customers as they are not authorized to do so

CPW are their own service provider for O2, i.e. they bill you and act as your customer service centre should you ever call. They are not the same as O2 itself - your bills come with a CPW logo on them. This probably has something to do with it.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-12 16:49
Very strange as i've upgraded my O2 contract via CPW before and the bill's haven't had their (CPW) logo on.Nevermind.I get mine delivered tomorrow and will be sittin next to my SE G502 until i get time to set them up.

This message was posted from a T650i
dodgydodgy
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-12 17:32
So, first thoughts (speaking as someone who has gone form a 750, 800, 810, 850i to the C902).

The screen looks small - not just in size, but in comparison to the handset size.

The touchscreen buttons from the 850i have gone, and are only used for the camera. This is a great thing, now my ear won't be doing odd things to the menus in-call.

The OS has a load of 'location' options, but no in-built GPS which makes them completely useless. This includes the photo geo-tagging feature which you can enable and disable, but does nothing.

It seems faster than the 850i to navigate.

The buttons are shiny soft plastic. The K800 buttons which they resemble were FAR better. These have a very soft touch and are pretty nasty to use.

A few nice new touches, the web browser now has a 'mouse pointer' making it easier to select items. You can now search from the main screen for numbers just by starting to type ('smart search').

There's a whole menu for SIP settings, but I've no idea for what they are used.

RSS feeds have vanished from the messaging menus and are now with your photos and videos (hmm).

Getting the back off the phone is almost impossible.

It's very thin, feels light, fits in the pocket well, but is wider and taller than the 850i.

The LED 'flash' can be used as a light in video mode.

It's far from a massive step from the 850i, but to be honest when has SE ever made any massive steps forward? It really should have had GPS - it almost seems from the firmware that it does, but someone forgot to stick the right chips inside the phone when they were designing it.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2008-06-12 18:50
some pics of my new upcoming black c902. (have to tomorow to decide). its not a bad thing to have a close friend working inside a Telia (cell phone) store

(t610, t630, k700, k750, k800, k810)

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2008-06-12 18:12 ]
G-Izzat
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-06-12 21:30
Hope you can take great pictures with it, plank.
Plemix.com
C902 Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-13 09:51
After the G700, then G900, then, C702, then W760i, and then the last one from Sony Ericsson that we arranged the photo session for, is the new Cyber-shot C902. Since I have had too many photo sessions for unboxing lately, I am really confused with all the features and functions of phones now. But getting the new C902 on hand, the elegant design refreshes me. And the phone is really ultra thin, at only 10.5mm thick. As a 5 mega pixel auto focus with face detection camera phone, that is really impressive.

Standard stuff: a Battery, a Charger, a USB cable, a handsfree, CD and Manual.

M2 Card slot is located inside the phone. You have to take out the back cover to switch cards. Also worth to mention the back cover of the phone is framed with metal. The same material as what you have seen in the picture. May be the phone is too thin, a plastic back cover cannot provide enough protection for the phone.

Very standard phone layout. The LCD screen is not very large at all.

The back of the phone. Very clean design layout. 5 mega pixel phone… wait, where is the camera?

You have to slide open the phone to reveal the hidden camera. The blue light only light up for a few seconds when we slide open the camera door. The slide design is like the old 110 film cameras that we have to slide open the lens to take photos.

The keypad layout and navigation pad is clean and clear but a bit boring.

New Sony Ericsson Menu and icons.

First of all the camera phone is very thin. And the side trim design is nice… at least this is what I think.

Face detection in action. Same as the C702, the face detection is not as fast as the cameras but still working well. Also on the top and bottom of the LCD display frame, there are 8 camera shortcuts keys that you can touch directly to toggle them on and off. They are heat sensitive sensors with haptic feedback. This design is indeed very nice.

Actual photo shot by the phone in an indoor office lighting environment. Since the flash light can only trigger automatically by the phone itself, we cannot test a flash on photo for you.

Another shot. I may say the photo quality is still not matching the Nokia phones like the N82 or even the 3.2 MP N78. Am I the only one?

The look of the phone is very nice. It is thin and reasonably small in size. The UI is very user friendly and photo taking with this auto focus, face detection phone is very easy. Just the picture quality, in my opinion, of Sony Ericsson phones are not very satisfying comparing to Nokia’s making me think what does it mean to put a Cyber-shot brand on the phone.
We love Mobile Phones
North America: 1-800-890-7731 or 1-425-749-4268
Australia: 1-800-094833 or +61-390018601
UK: 0-800-680-0686
G-Izzat
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-06-13 12:10
The design is really nice. Really unfortunate about the camera quality though. Do hope someone who just bought the phone can take some pictures with it. Good pictures, I hope.
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-13 12:16
This phone seems to have an Adidas co-branding judging from the box & manual :lol:
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-13 12:42
Any one who has got the phone kindly upload ur photos here

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=171299
K700- W800- [W810]- W200-[ P990]=[Current].

One expert at esato that never lets u down
technical-expert.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-13 15:06
Mine arrived this morning.First impressions are that the weight feels the same as my T650.There is the usual O2 branding on the phone.Namely the startup/shutdown screen,screensaver and theme (will be removing them tonight with Davinci).Buttons are a good size and you have to press firmly to use them,I like the metal battery cover idea.Not liking the memory card position.It's still on charge so will have a play later tonight.Contents are CST-75,basic handsfree(not earbud but 3.5mm),USBcable,battery,cd,phone.

This message was posted from a T650i
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-06-13 17:59
please post some pics then..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 424344  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic