Previous  123 ... 545556 ... 120121122  Next
Author Sony Ericsson G900 Discussion
Maggah
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 20:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-07-09 18:29:36, ares wrote:
Guys with streaming problems, its your rooter that is blocking it. With some rooter tweeks youtube and other stuff works via wifi

I'm not even using wifi, using UMTS. Youtube (m.youtube.com) worked on my old phone, with the same provider, but not this one... It just switched to the media player, starts loading, then says something like "Failed to load the stream" or whatever...
I've downloaded vTap aswell, but it seems bugged with the G900, it crashes my phone all the time...
benitorios
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 20:59
And how are we supposed to tweak the router? I've been looking at my router setup but there is nothing I would suspect to affect the video streaming. I use the same Wifi with my PC and everything is just fine...

Another quick question: the white paper says you can record videos either in .3gp for MMS use/low quality/small size or .mp4 for high quality. However, even when I select Fine quality from the camera settings, it saves the video in .3gp format. Is there another setting I haven't found or is the white paper a pack of lies? (this one is not the first I spot !)

Also noticed a bug, I think: some pictures are saved not as jpeg but as .thm files (themes???), eg. DSC00005.thm, and so they are unusable (did try to change the extension, just corrupts the file). It sucks to take pictures, take the phone home and then realize you can't view them since the file is corrupted ! Anyone else noticed that? Worth opening a G900 bugs thread?
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 23:22
Anyone got one from play.com?

gonna be ordering one tomorrow, so would be useful to know what cda i can expect, also delivery time as im selling my p1 (to help me justify the purchase!) so could do with knowing when i'll be able to actually send it.
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 23:46
@Caspa,

I have been told on here that Play can send out random CDA on the phones. As they got them in the same time as Expansys I would think their UK spec but wouldn't garuntee it. I would suggest calling them first to confirm the CDA and delivery time as Play have been rubbish with that too of late.
Just for the record, the extra £7 it cost me to get one from Expansys, I called them and confirmed my pre-order about mid afternoon, the courier was at the door with it by 9.15 AM the next day and it's a UK spec model.
Creid
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 02:37
Please help
What is the easiest way to change visualisation on music player ? thanks
vmlinuz
G900 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-10 04:55

On 2008-07-09 20:59:29, benitorios wrote:
Also noticed a bug, I think: some pictures are saved not as jpeg but as .thm files (themes???), eg. DSC00005.thm, and so they are unusable (did try to change the extension, just corrupts the file). It sucks to take pictures, take the phone home and then realize you can't view them since the file is corrupted ! Anyone else noticed that? Worth opening a G900 bugs thread?

I think .thm files could well be thumbnails - possibly generated by the media player or some other program which has shown thumbnails and cached them for future use. If you don't have a corresponding jpeg, it could be that something has deleted the jpeg but doesn't know to delete the thumbnail?
dancingfate
K700
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 07:18

On 2008-07-10 04:55:27, vmlinuz wrote:

On 2008-07-09 20:59:29, benitorios wrote:

I think .thm files could well be thumbnails - possibly generated by the media player or some other program which has shown thumbnails and cached them for future use. If you don't have a corresponding jpeg, it could be that something has deleted the jpeg but doesn't know to delete the thumbnail?

No, .thm file is a thumbnail generated when you record a video. It also happens on Sony Cyber-shot digital camera.
Apple iPhone 4, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire, S001, SO905iCS, T650 (Gold & Green), C901, W800, K660, K700, Beibei (G702), Severine (DEAD)
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 11:09

On 2008-07-09 23:46:19, apolloa wrote:
@Caspa,

I have been told on here that Play can send out random CDA on the phones. As they got them in the same time as Expansys I would think their UK spec but wouldn't garuntee it. I would suggest calling them first to confirm the CDA and delivery time as Play have been rubbish with that too of late.
Just for the record, the extra £7 it cost me to get one from Expansys, I called them and confirmed my pre-order about mid afternoon, the courier was at the door with it by 9.15 AM the next day and it's a UK spec model.

thanks for the heads up mate... just placed an order with them so will give them a buzz in an hour or so...

im not that bothered about what version it is, would simply prefer GW1 or GW2 for quicker firmware updates... but not really a big issue like it was when the P990 came out... have had a Netherlands Trade P1 for ages now so am used to being slightly behind but as they are stable enough nowadays its cool...

expansys are showing none in stock with it estimated at 3 days, whereas play are showing in stock... as im selling my P1 i need to get one pronto so i can then send it off to the buyer... unfortunately no back up handset at the mo...

fingers crossed...
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 11:44
No problem Caspa. And to anyone interested Mobile Fun has the Brodit SE holders for the G900 in stock:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/G900-Car-Holders.htm?page=2

Scroll down the list near the bottom. I ordered mine last night so will post once I get it Still loving the G900, I was never this excited by the P1i LOL.
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 13:03
damn... as i hadnt used Play for ages i had to update my address, email address and card details as they had expired and so they are now performing a security check which could take upto 48hrs!!!

there goes my idea of getting it pronto!!!

expansys are now showing them as 'ordered on request' so thats a no go... mobilefun have them as 'ship in 2-3 days' so they expect it to go out on monday... decent price though... £286 inc delivery... think i bought my last P1 there actually so might order from them again as it looks like the same time scale and nearly £15 quid cheaper... sure they wont be supplying the full UK spec though...

sods law really!
BopNiblets
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 13:28
Got mine this week, ordered from an eBay guy in Hong Kong (shipment with DHL to Ireland, €20, only took a few days)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmattoron
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 13:35
Cancelled with Play and just whacked an order in with Mobilefun...

If im gonna have to wait, i may aswell save myself a bit of wedge while waiting!

hopefully get it on tuesday, so roll on then!

Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 13:40

On 2008-07-10 13:28:57, BopNiblets wrote:
Got mine this week, ordered from an eBay guy in Hong Kong (shipment with DHL to Ireland, €20, only took a few days)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmattoron

only prob is warranty... think it would be considered a parralel import so no warranty in uk... i assume that as thats how it works with plemix...
Maggah
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 16:20
Is there anyone who tried vTap on his/her G900? For me it keeps crashing halfway the movie. I'm able to go back to the main menu but from there unable to load anything.
hmanXX
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-07-11 06:40
i am new to G900, my phone comes with startup music which is very irritating..the moment powering up phone wake up wife whom are still in deep sleep.

Anyway to remove the startup music ?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 545556 ... 120121122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic