Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K800i Mercedes Benz cradle A2048201051 problem

Author K800i Mercedes Benz cradle A2048201051 problem
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 00:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I bought my car AFTER I already have a K800i mobile phone. Car comes prewired (option 386) with car phone kit instalation and phone cradle for Nokia. For various of reasons (that's another story) I didn't want to change my phone, therefore I buy from my local Mercedes dealer phone cradle for K800i (part # A 204 820 10 51) and installed in the car. Unfortunatelly, some times when you have a phone conversation via hands free (build in the car) and you want to hang up conversation from the steering wheel buton - the phone (K800i) get frozen/stuck and you need to switch it off and on again. It was very annoying ... it take me 8 months to find out how to solve that problem (no one from either MB or SE could help and upgrading K800i firmware DO NOT help either !?!). Therefore I am sharing my experience here:

1) When you buy phone cradle (part # A 204 820 10 51) there is a small label on his back side : FW: R1GB001 - this is the version of firmware for which it is tested in Mercedes Benz etc...

2) My firmware was newer version ... and it does NOT work - I upgraded few times (using Wotan, SEUS) and ... it does NOT work again ...

So shortly - solution is as follow:
3) You need to complettely flash you phone with Wotan and downgrade you firmware to the one stated in the small label described in 1)

4) Then phone start to work with the car perfectly, but you also get all of the bugs in the old firmware !

5) You can upgrade again you firmware again to the latest firmware (currently R8BF003), but please note this - use SEUS ONLY !!! (Not Wotan, XS+ or other flashing software) - now everything works perfect.

I have no idea why (I can only speculate on this) - I am just sharing my experience to save others from same troubles...
Keiki
T100
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 02:54
I think you should submit this bug to sonyericsson developer forum
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 10:51
I have submitted and ask for help in my local SE dealer - they have insisted that the problem was in Mercedes Benz and there is nothing that they can do to help me. However I try with another phone cradle (from the car of my friend) - my phone get stuck again. The reply from SE dealer was that Mercedes Benz produce buggy cradles (which was obviously not the case) - therefore I was forced to look for a solution on my own. Anyhow - I fixed the problem in the described above way. I have check it and I can confirm that it works on followed Benz cars:

C, CLK, E, S, SLR, ML klasse

By the way - I was searching for the solution over internet for 8 months, but found nothing. Probably because usually the owners of a.m. cars are kind of people that if they get it to such troubles - the easiest solution for them is to just change their phone and they don't bother how to fix such bugs etc...
Keiki
T100
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 11:48
Try here mate

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/index.jspa
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 14:10
It's already pointless for me as I already solve my problem (and I certainly do not work for SE
Keiki
T100
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 14:31
Glad to hear that
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi