Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Best Mp4 video conversion software for K850i

Previous  12
Author Best Mp4 video conversion software for K850i
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2008-04-20 15:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@wayne_rooney

Will look into that!

Cheers
ENJOY

hansisland
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 15:08
Cheers all for your comments...am gonna give Super a try now.
catalinux
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 17:15
I've been reading a lot about the K850 being able to play files @ 30fps. Armed with the latest version of ffdshow (for XViD decoding and VobSub subtitling) and Super, I am struggling to find the best settings for my phone. I do not have the latest firmware which is supposed to fix the media players speed issues and this is what i found so far:
- the highest values that would keep audio and video synchronized are 432 kbps for video and audio 96 kbps for audio.
- the most "forgiving" video codec with the phone's processor (and therefore battery consumption) seems to be XviD - also recommended by Sony Ericsson in their video tutorial on Developer's World website.
I only tested the above settings at 25 frames per second, because that's how the original movie was encoded.
So, as I write, "The Blair Witch Project" is being encoded in a 3gp v5 wrapper using XviD at 336 kbps, 320x240 at 25 fps, AAC 44100Hz stereo at 96 kbps. From the preview clips I made earlier, these settings keep the audio and video synched. If the movie is paused or rotated (changing between portrait and landscape) the image lags behind but the player recovers in 5 seconds or less. Tomorrow I'll let you know how the phone performed and how big was the resulting file compared to the original.

If anybody else made experiments and discovered other (meaning better) settings, please share! But only if you used SUPER, because I am not interested in M3 or Nero Recode... been there, done that.

Bafta! (means "good luck")
K850i was the SE's most superb phone. And failure.
Advanced to Android.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 19:40
try M3, and get 400kbps video and 128 or 96 AAC audio. My k810 can play it perfectly. SUPER.. try the same, and see if it works. PS use same FPS as source . this is a tip not to get desynced audio.
catalinux
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-04-22 16:14
I am not happy with the result. Not at all.
Filesize: 250 MB (691 MB original movie)
Quality: medium. The picture is extremely blocky when the camera moves fast and occasional artifacts occur in the image, especially around the subtitles and dark areas.

Overall, seems like i need to go higher with the video bitrate, but I can't! The sound plays normal but the image lags behind if I do that (even if I use File manager instead of Media to watch the movie). Damn it!
Any other suggestion? Please bear in mind the fact that I want subtitles encoded in my movie files).
K850i was the SE's most superb phone. And failure.
Advanced to Android.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi