Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia confirms 'iPhone killer' handset in pipeline

Author Nokia confirms 'iPhone killer' handset in pipeline
belialwafu
W700
PM
Posted: 2008-04-18 09:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-04-18 03:40:51, Residentevil wrote:

On 2008-04-09 07:24:50, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
I'd say T for touch.

I'd say the Nphone.

i believe they will not do that [addsig]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-04-18 19:17
haha why not?

nPhone sounds a good name
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-18 19:59
That might be politically incorrect here in the US. PPL get upset about anything.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 12:48
what about the sim card slot on the i phone which can't be accessed unless you have a pin/something?
the "i" in i phone could be anything = "incomplete" / "inconvenient" / "irritating" / "idiotic" / "imperfect" or just plain simple "ill", take your pick.
ps : whoever said the i phone is bug free is self-consoling him/her self on an overpriced stupid purchase. [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 13:47
@ftyk

I really can't understand why you think the sim card tray that pops out by inserting a paper clip or the like in it's hole is such a terrible thing?

It definitely is no harder or difficult then what is needed for most phones which involves taking off a battery cover and removing a battery to then remove the Sim. See how much more you have to do that way?

I had and sold a iPhone as it just didn't suit me and i am no longer a fan of Touch screen devices but i certainly didn't finding it crashing freezing or performing a WSOD or BROD or even sowing down for that matter. So just what are these problems you are eluding to as i saw none and compared to many devices delivered by various manufactures it has excellent build quality and is bug free. Even though i don't like Touch Screens any longer i would still be more confident buying one form Apple then a phone from SE.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-07 13:13 ]
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 20:30
@dogmann,
when i am getting off a plane i'd like to swap sim cards the conventional way without feeling handicapped just because i don't have a paper clip.
how come apple did not include a paper clip with the accessories in the box?
the manufacturer is supposed to provide in the box everything needed to make the phone ready to make a call.
apple should put a sticker on the box of the i phone saying "paper clip not provided".
if anyone is planning on gifting an i phone to the lady, skip the rose & instead get hold of a paper clip.
i personally don't see any point of bluetooth if i can't exchange data via bluetooth.
i guess that's why they call apple the forbidden fruit.
why was the i phone unsuitable for you? [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 20:48
@fytk

Well as is said the changing Sim cards was not a factor for me neither was the lack of Bluetooth functionality as i only use it for a handsfree Headset. I don't do SMS's if i can help it and have never sent an MMS either so neither of those mattered to me either.

The simple reason was i just couldn't get used to using a Touch screen again and found it slow and annoying compared to a full qwerty. I also really missed my large 4" screen, take a look at my E90 V200 review for some screen shots of just how much and how clear the information is displayed in the Web browser and other apps.

The iPhone is a very well built quality device and if it offers what some one wants then is perfect for them. But even the Touch S60 UI is not really of any interest to me as i just prefer non touch screen devices now and will find it hard to downsize to any device with a smaller screen then my E90's.

Which is why currently there is nothing that has my attention either released or coming soon and it looks like my E90 will last me until it's replacement arrives especially as this last firmware has really improved it's performance yet again.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-07 19:49 ]
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-05-12 14:40
@dogmann,
you did find the i phone's stupid kinetic srolling slower than the e90's qwerty keyboard.
you are aware that the i phone does have sms & mms issues on various networks.
you do agree that it is practically impossible to swap sim cards in an i phone without a pin/paper clip.
you are aware that with the i phone you cannot send data via bluetooth.
you did get rid of the i phone & buy an e90.
what i understand is that the i phone can't do what some low end series 40 phones can do with ease.
i think the i phone is just an over hyped flop. [addsig]
shanespencer
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-12 14:50
Isn't this thread supposed to be about Nokia's phone?
deepsme
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-05-13 09:53
iPhone killer could be named iPerformer..

source
here, have a puff
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-05-13 10:16
I would be *very* surprised to see Nokia name any product to start with an "i" like this
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 07:38
it would be a 1st if nokia gave the phone an actual name.
nokia prefers giving the phone an alphanumeric identity. [addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-07-17 15:55
Nokia firms up touchscreen phone plans
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-07-17 16:59
"Volume market" and mid-market. It seems Nokia is testing the waters first or they're not quite ready with their touchscreen UI.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
nettl
T600
PM
Posted: 2008-07-17 17:10

On 2008-07-17 16:59:22, EMS06 wrote:
"Volume market" and mid-market. It seems Nokia is testing the waters first or they're not quite ready with their touchscreen UI.

Actually, I'd say it's the opposite. You don't offer something that's not quite ready or "test the waters" in a volume market, to lots of clueless people. Makes no sense.

If they wanted to test experimental stuff, they'd do some crazy high-end device that would appeal only to people that like experimental stuff and collect their feedback to polish the UI for the mass-market afterwards...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi