Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > N95 8GB is a Fingerprint Magnet

12  Next
Author N95 8GB is a Fingerprint Magnet
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 16:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi All, ive just bought a Hard Crystal case of eBay for my phone im hoping these done mark it cos ive had enough of constantley having to wipe prints of it, the phone is really terrible for that, ive had to also replace my Golla zip case with a Velcro to as its a nerve racking experience get phone in and out without touching that zip lol ..have any of you people used those crystal cases? Are they good protectors? Just needed something to stop the fingerprints btw but let me know if u have used them and if there ok
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 16:30
yeh i av used one since day one and no probs wot so ever.... paid £2.50 and it fits like a glove )
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 16:58
Thats bout how much ive paid last Friday for one, would of thought it be here by now considering its from Birmingham lol
shanespencer
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 17:18
If you think the N95 8Gb is a fingerprint magnet, you should see the K850i!
dgable
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 18:34
Yeah you are better off buying a couple tho as they dont seem to last long if you start removing them to clean dust and fluff that can sometimes get trapped behind them.
The little clips that help them grip the phone seem quite brittle so the bit for the top half of the slide tends to go first. But as they are cheap its no big deal really.
Another thing to watch tho is ive noticed on mine is the paint on the # key and the bump on the left hand side of the five key has started comimg off and im not sure if it was the top half of the crystal case that did this by being out slightly and skimming the key pad removing the paint???? So ive bought a virtu i think it was called screen protector which has a matt finish which has definately cut down on the noticeable finger prints on the screen and i use a ted baker case to that the CPW are sellling at the minute.
Dont let me put you off tho as i spose it cud have bin something else that caused this.

[ This Message was edited by: dgable on 2008-03-26 17:54 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 19:44
thats the trouble with glossy phones! CPW sell those cases at a expensive price Someone I sold my old N95 to bought 1 but it broke he bought another seems to be holding together for the time being. Bit concerned that u say it may have marked ur keys tho. I may just put the front part on as it will stop me touching the screen, ive got a Golla case anyway that protects it when out and about
dgable
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 21:43
I think it was the top bit tho that did it as its this bit that kinda over looks your keys when you open and close the top half if you get what i mean.

Yeah i think they sell the case for £20 but i managed to cadge it for free when i got the phone on a contract.

Here is a link to the screen protector i got its a really good one not the usual 99p bubble riddled job. Its really thick and like i said its got a matt finish which has noticably cut down the prints.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]1306203&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:I
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-27 00:08
This is the case I bought
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Cry[....]eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
ive emailed the guy asking if he's sent it,
it's taking to long to come considering he lives in brum and so do I lol

lastime I bought a screen protector I wasn't impressed with it on my P910i
I think i'll just leave that besides the phones fascia protects it not like the other N95 whch is something I suppose
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-27 00:09
my one is really dusty aswell ( it sits usually in my pocket as it is ) but i have problems with the fingerprints, i rarely touch the screen, more the keypad and the side keys
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
dgable
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-27 00:27
@ miss uk well fingers crossed it will turn up soon!

yeah i no what u mean about screen protectors but i was suprised by this one but you wont need it with the crystal case anyways

@ boba fett are you currently using a crystal case on yours? hows it lasted?
Will a phone manufacturer give us personalised txt alerts as a standard feature plz!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-27 00:30
i dont use any case, never did it, do hate those cases, dont take care if its dusty or have fingerprints on it. its a tool, what i use every day almost every half hour or sometimes more often. as written above, its just in my pocket.

/// Ericsson Forum
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-27 01:54
Boba, cos im planning on keeping myphone for longer then a year then I want it to be keep in prestine condition lol

fingerprints and smudges get on my nerves,
that case best come later
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-27 02:26
du u have any screenprotector on it? just dont get, why nokia didnt put that traditoíonal one on it, instead of that crappy one, what i pulled off already after i took the fone. normally n and e seies fones screnprotectors by nokia lasts ages

/// Ericsson Forum
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-27 15:31
boba u mean that blue thing? Screen protectors make phones look silly I think my P910i did anyway the case came today fits the phone perfect and goes in my Golla snuggley! No more screen prints thankfully
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-27 16:13
Hi Miss UK

I have to advise you to use extreme caution if you use a crystal case as if any thing slightly abrasive gets in it can scratch your device up really badly. On other Forums i have seen pictures of peoples devices ruined requiring a new case to fix it.

The case i originally used on both my N95 and N95 8GB the PDAir flip case kept it nice and dust free and meant you didn't leave fingerprints all over it, as it is not a touchscreen there really is no reason the screen should pick up fingerprints.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-03-27 15:13 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi