Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Updated: Working SyncML server

Author Updated: Working SyncML server
gomichaelkgo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-23 00:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
salireza,

Mine said "failed" when I put the wrong password, login, or URL in. If they were all correct, it would still sometimes say "interrupted".

You don't need to do anything to get your circuit switched connection to work. Are you able to browse WAP with it? If so, you might notice that it's nearly as fast. Too, you don't pay for the content, but only the time you're connected. If, like me, you have a lot of minutes in your plan you may find it's a cheap alternative to GPRS.

I am thinking that either the truesync server or the voicestream network is just not very reliable with this kind of thing.

You'll notice that some people will just not be able to get it work, and will keep getting the message "interrupted". That happened to me for a while until it finally just started working for no apparent reason.

The SyncML standard is just emerging, and we may have to wait a while before this nascent technology becomes easy or reliable enough to become transparent. Until then, I suggest that you keep trying and maybe you'll be able to tell us what finally worked.
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-02-23 01:02
actually i cant even browse wap with it...that is when i get a connection failed....when i want to browse wap.....but with gprs all is good
float
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-23 05:21
Thx guys for the information. I got it working at first trial.

I sync over circuit switched (9.6), and it seems faster than doing it over IrDa via XTND.

However my doubt is when you re-sync it, will you lost the mobile/other information on your phone?
bjambean
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-02-27 04:40
Hi could someone give me a hand....
I'm on Orange in the UK and am trying to set up this sync thing. I have checked and double checked all of the settings but keep getting the syncronisation failed message. Just wondering if anyone on Ornage or in the UK has got this working and if so what Gateway are they using? I've tried the SonyEricsson and Mviva ones as well as all of my Orange accounts.

Thanks
bgdido
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-01 14:01
Someone try sinc with http://www.yourwap.com?
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-14 00:59
Please read the rest of the thread, there are corrections to the original postings.

After the corrections, your settings should work right.
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 08:57
I didn't get the calender sync to work... I thought that it should upload the meetings in my phone calender but it didn't. Is it supposed to do that or am I just able to download events that I've put to the TrueSync sites calender?
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 09:04
And another thing... I really hate the way it changes the order of names in the contacts. I have dozens of names like GSM, Mary which should be Mary GSM (I could change these though...)
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 09:34
This TrueSync doesn't seem to fully "sync" with the Ericsson phonebook. If I have three numbers: home, work, mobile in the contact on my phonebook and I sync with TrueSync... on the website I can see only two of the number on that contact: Home, work. There's a space for cell phone in TrueSyncs contacts but there's nothing there...

Edit: Ooops, this was discussed earlier in this same thread. Well, they haven't fixed it, though...

[ This Message was edited by: masu on 2002-03-21 10:26 ]
allexsimmons
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-26 05:46
Does anybody know who to synchronize the task, i have the calender and the phonebook working
EricSony
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-26 09:22
Has anyone tried the truesync site lately?I don't get in!! www.truesync.com doesn't work.Have I missed something?
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-09 00:17
gomichaelkgo,

Do you use voicestream to syncML? If yes, what IP address (gateway) do you use?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi