Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K850 Brod solutions

Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Author K850 Brod solutions
Hinso
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-07-11 22:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Here is my frustrating BROD experience:

Used SUES to upgrade to 31 and everything was fine. One day I let my battery drain til the phone died. Plugged it in and let it charge for a few hours, came back and it was BROD.

Did some research. Found out about KulanKendi. Bought credits and flashed. Now the phone is completely dead. Not even the BROD....just lifeless. Kept trying to reflash with KK. No luck. Wasted credits.

Not wanting to pay SE $100 to fix it I wait a few weeks and decide to try Davinci. Bought credits. It recognizes the phone, flashes it with correct FW and says "Success!". Phone still dead. Wasted credits.

Bite the bullet and have just sent it in to a repair shop recommended by SE. $100 bucks gone....plus the $30 I wasted on KK and Davinci and $6 more on shipping.

IF it comes back working, I am sure they will put 31 back on and I fear it will just BROD again. But since I have not had any luck with reflashing, Im scared to even try to put 37 or 38 on.

If it BRODs again, I am going to demand a new phone or else give my lawyer a call. Their customers should not have to deal with all of this bullsh*t because they release a buggy FW as "stable".
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 13:43
I am a loyal customer of KulanKendi. No problem at all with their server. If a phone is still dead after flashing, it may be a hardware failure.
sblantipodi
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-22 13:16
My K850 goes in BROD two days ago, I solved flashing with davinci...

This is not possible, who wants to buy my K850?
Download FPC Bench a good benchmark/system info for your phone.
Download Pocket Inclinometer for your phone's accelerometer.
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-08-22 13:35
BROD is fixed for free by SEUS now. No need to worry.
gordonowusu
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-22 14:51
but its not working for me. It says 'Update not available'. My phone has BROD. should i wait to see if SE will bring out a new FW so i can flash my phone?

On 2008-08-22 13:35:00, aremaboy wrote:
sblantipodi
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-22 15:01

On 2008-08-22 13:35:00, aremaboy wrote:

oooohh... I payed 10 euros to fix my brod two days ago...
How can I fix it for free?
yea g
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-23 07:33
sony took down the update on ps3 that was causing problems and fixed it in like a week why can't do the same? seriously thay have sony with them how hard is it to fix the problem
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-08-23 11:01
Just run SEUS, plug your BROD phone and let SEUS do the job. The usual procedures.
sblantipodi
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-23 14:37

On 2008-08-23 11:01:00, aremaboy wrote:
Just run SEUS, plug your BROD phone and let SEUS do the job. The usual procedures.

Are you sure? I haven't tryed with seus but I solved directly with davinci...
Do you think that SEUS can fix brod?
Actually with ADRIATIC R1FA035 SEUS tell me that there is no update available...
dante_sparda
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-23 15:30
Hey guys,

Sony is Sony, not SE; don't compare. Let K850 be the last faulty SE phone. I think if it was something wrong in the code.. it could be fixed. But the problem persist.. I think even SE tech's don't know why could this occure..

Anyway.. very good and simple for fixing BROD and 'Operation Failed' thing is http://www.totalgsm.org .

[ This Message was edited by: dante_sparda on 2008-08-29 12:02 ]
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-08-24 11:19

On 2008-08-23 15:30:10, dante_sparda wrote:
Hey guys,

Sony is Sony, not SE; don't compare. Let K850 be the last faulty SE phone. I think if it was something wrong in the code.. it could be fixed. But the problem persist.. I think even SE tech's don't know why could this occure..

Anyway.. very good and simple for fixing BROD and 'Operation Failed' thing is http://www.totalgsm.com .

I agree with this. Although sony ericsson had several buggy phones like this... You remember the P990 and it's lack of RAM memory which resulted in serious problems and restarts of the phone. Anyway the P990 got fixed somehow with firmware updates, but the K850 still is not in perfect working order. The k800s were like that in the beginning. They were buggy. I think these things are related to the new platform that the K850 uses. Everytime release a new platform this kind of bugs appear.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
otic
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-08-28 23:55
I'm trying to use KK to recover my phone from brod, but I think it killed it even more. I installed the drivers from the KK website and ran the client, but when I plugged in the phone it started doing the red led thing, which I understand to be something to do with the erom? Getting a bit out of my depth now! Anyway, tried to carry on, but it won't seem to let me download any firmware files to flash it with, jus comes up with an error message... any ideas?

Edit: Ok, it eventually let me download some firmware without issue, but I flashed it (to R1FA035) and it's not fixed, still doing red led thing. Help!

[ This Message was edited by: otic on 2008-08-28 23:30 ]
otic
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-08-29 00:39
Does flashing the phone use a load of battery? I'd tried charging the phone before doing this (hard to know how much charge during brod!) i've plugged the phone into a power outlet and it seems like it might be working...kind of... The SE logo came up the changed to the charging animation, but then the animation seems to have frozen.

Edit: OK, I'm officialy stupid, it did just need charging. Maybe while it's in brod it doesn't charge? Mine's been that way for almost a week now, but I have had it on charge for a while.

[ This Message was edited by: otic on 2008-08-29 00:02 ]
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-08-29 15:05
Try reviving it with TotalGSM. It seems to be better than KK client.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
Koops
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-09-10 04:15
Thought i'd reply with my experience with FIXING the BROD

Today was the first i'd ever heard of it.

Typical story. Had left phone in work bag and it had gone flat. I thought i'd just charge it when I get into work. Go get phone. Find phone won't turn on. Start googling for "dead K850". Find this thread and start reading ...

My Solution : Standard sony update service "Seus!" Yes! No other tool required.

Now the "gotchas". Throughout my quest for info about this issue I noticed that some people said "it works" others said it "died at 0%" or "5%" all varying figures.

When I first did the re-flash i only got to 33%.

Then I clicked. The problem is battery power!

It would seem that when the phone is in flash memory mode that it doesn't draw power via the data cable like it does with every other mode. As such it drains the battery VERY fast.

Also when its in bsod/dead you can't tell how much charge you have. You can't even tell "when" its charging either! You might have left the phone plugged in but its not actually charging because of this issue.

What I did was to plug in the phone (only had the usb cable @ work) and try and power on the phone. After a few key presses I finally get the normal lit up keypad + brod.

LEAVE THE PHONE IN THIS STATE FOR ATLEAST 2 HOURS!

This should give "atleast" enough charge to allow a full reflash using seus tool.

Relex and wait for it to complete.

Upon restart I got some "please wait" message plus dodgey plain theme. I just waited and the phone restarted and applied that dodgey crystal theme. A re-sync with my phone explorer and I was back to where I was a few hours before. yay!

edit: My firmware version is : R1FA035

[ This Message was edited by: Koops on 2008-09-10 03:19 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic