Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Sony Ericsson k800i internet issues

Author Sony Ericsson k800i internet issues
gillsas
D750
PM
Posted: 2008-03-13 13:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi

I have had to buy a new phone as my other one went missing (!) and a friend recommended the Sony Ericsson K800i from play.com. I'm connected to 3 and have an 18 month contract and it wasn't until I got the phone did I realise that it was a vodafone pay-as-you-go phone. I contacted vodafone and an extremely helpful woman gave me the unlock code, so now I can use it with my new 3 sim card. However, the phone is customised to access Vodafone live. Does anyone know how to de-customise the phone so that I can access the 3 network automatically?

Thanks in advance

G
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-13 14:53
You can do it for free with XS++. There are probably quite a few threads about it here on Esato, and you can also head over to SE-NSE and have a read there.

Basically, you need the XS++ application (free, download link at SE-NSE) and the MAIN and FS firmware files (available on various sites, links at SE-NSE). [addsig]
number1
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-03-13 14:56
you will need to debrand the phone & add a custpack that contains 3 links & certificates.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi